PDA

View Full Version : Last of the Sockeye Salmon

taxfree4
09-30-2022, 12:33 PM
Last piece of Sockeye at the fish market. Look at that color, beautiful. Salting it up and on the grill, an avocado and some olives.

willtill
09-30-2022, 01:21 PM
Last piece of Sockeye at the fish market. Look at that color, beautiful. Salting it up and on the grill, an avocado and some olives.

Looks like a bear tried to claw that, before it got away.

Enjoy that lovely piece of fish. :cool:

taxfree4
09-30-2022, 01:35 PM
Looks like a bear tried to claw that, before it got away.

Enjoy that lovely piece of fish. :cool:

What I do is put 3 to 4 slices along the length. It does 2 things, prevents it from curling so I get an even pan sear and I fill it with sea salt

willtill
09-30-2022, 03:46 PM
What I do is put 3 to 4 slices along the length. It does 2 things, prevents it from curling so I get an even pan sear and I fill it with sea salt

Interesting. I just rub salmon filets down with olive oil, lots of cracked black pepper (coarse) and garlic salt. Perfecto!

tenxxx
09-30-2022, 08:44 PM
I get teriyaki marinate salmon from the super market. Yummie!

willtill
10-01-2022, 06:42 AM
Salmon can also be cooked on a cedar plank. Out of my many grills, I have a little Weber Smoky Joe, build a charcoal fire in it; when blast furnace hot, I place the salmon w/plank on the grill, and then close it up for 15 minutes. The bottom of the plank will burn, the edges will burn but the salmon just gets wonderfully baked (not burned) with the cedar flavor. Yom-yom. :eat1: