PDA

View Full Version : MBL Innovations - did they go out of business?

willtill
11-14-2022, 10:07 AM
MBL Innovations used to market the electronic saddlebag openers for our F6B's. I've discovered that I only have one remote key fob. I can't find my spare. Which means I'm a bit screwed if I lose the remaining fob.

Is MBL Innovations still around? I need a replacement key fob. Or does anyone know if one can purchase a generic key fob with two buttons, and have it programmed from a remaining fob?

Also, in my less stellar thought processes of long ago, I threw away all of the guts of the manual saddlebag locking system, so there's that. :crazy2:

SpencerPJ
11-14-2022, 11:51 AM
No, the owner passed away. His wife sold the business. 'He passed away last February, and Cyclemax purchased the rights to sell their products' Might try that route.
His old number (and wife answers) is MBL Innovations 423-231-9550

willtill
11-14-2022, 02:17 PM
No, the owner passed away. His wife sold the business. 'He passed away last February, and Cyclemax purchased the rights to sell their products' Might try that route.
His old number (and wife answers) is MBL Innovations 423-231-9550

Thanks for the information. I did FINALLY find my spare Fob…. it was in the pocket of my mesh riding jacket, from when I last wore it doing my first Iron Butt 1000. I was so tired after that I completely forgot about it being in there.

I only noticed the absence of it today, when I was replacing the battery in the regularly used FOB on my key and wanted to replace the spare as well.

So was frantically searching for the spare today, did not want to revert to manual saddlebag operations.

Thanks for your response again though.

taxfree4
11-14-2022, 08:45 PM
Will,
For the future, I would think you could bring that fob to a locksmith, or whoever duplicates garage door openers, and they could shoot that signal into a replicator and make a backup. The reason I say this is I have a garage door opener for my car and needed one for my bike, but a much smaller one with no dip switches, and the locksmith transfered the signal to a matchbook size transmitter by doing just that. I could be wrong though. BTW, in an unrelated topic I just found out Streets of Laredo was a sequel to Lonesome Dove as per George Carlin who acted in it and 1923, which is a sequel to 1883, is coming out.

tpwood
11-21-2022, 05:27 PM
Back when the owner was alive, I had emailed him for a replacement fob, thought mine had crapped out. He said the fob and transmitter are tied together, he would have to send me both parts. I got my fob working. So didn't need to replace mine

willtill
11-21-2022, 07:49 PM
Back when the owner was alive, I had emailed him for a replacement fob, thought mine had crapped out. He said the fob and transmitter are tied together, he would have to send me both parts. I got my fob working. So didn't need to replace mine

Good to know. Thanks. May the proprietor of this product... rest in peace.