PDA

View Full Version : Labor Day Weekend 2023 ??? Interest ?

Phantom
02-10-2023, 02:02 AM
I finally retired at 56 years young. Sold a couple of my businesses.
Traveling the world these coming months and then at the end of Summer possibly returning to Franklin on Labor Day weekend.

Any interest in a small gathering --- Franklin North Carolina ?

No fufu, just eat, ride and relax.

Arriving Thursday August 31st (afternoon/ early evening)

Ride Friday , Ride Saturday

Depart late Sunday morning September 3rd 2023

Thoughts? 'gw-smiley'

BIGLRY
02-10-2023, 01:22 PM
I finally retired at 56 years young.
Congrats on the retirement!
Now plan a trip to the left coast:'trailering'...you always have a bed here. :165fs373950:

willtill
02-10-2023, 06:22 PM
Hi Tony,

Glad you surfaced. I'm interested. Starting to look for a place for us to retire ourselves down in eastern Tennessee/Carolina's. So would be good to reconnoiter the areas again. It's been awhile.

Phantom
02-10-2023, 06:47 PM
Congrats on the retirement!
Now plan a trip to the left coast:'trailering'...you always have a bed here. :165fs373950:

I Thank You Larry !
Sounds good, possibly in 2024. Flying into San Francisco and flying out from Los Angeles.
The Reagan Library is on my bucket list so..... I will definitely work on it.

Phantom
02-10-2023, 06:52 PM
Hi Tony,

Glad you surfaced. I'm interested. Starting to look for a place for us to retire ourselves down in eastern Tennessee/Carolina's. So would be good to reconnoiter the areas again. It's been awhile.

Let's do it :biggthumpup:

seventwenty
02-10-2023, 09:22 PM
Title says Memorial wkd, proposed dates are for Labor Day wkd. �� I could maybe be persuaded, get a little more of a plan together. Got stood up last time down there but the trip was still worth the ride.

Phantom
02-11-2023, 12:30 AM
Title says Memorial wkd, proposed dates are for Labor Day wkd. ��

Thank You for that, it is Labor Day weekend. It was 2am when I created this thread before I went to bed....

I liked the Local Brewery place from last time where we had a great lunch and would like to revisit the Motorcycle museum in maggie Valley.

Pizza or a local buffet for Thursday night.... Caffe Rel (awesome food) for Friday night, the rest we can figure it out later

six2go
02-11-2023, 12:59 PM
That's a maybe from me. I've never attended one of our get togethers and would like to make an attempt.

Congrats on the retirement. I retired at 55 but holy cow, that was 23 yrs. ago.

F6Pilot
02-12-2023, 09:23 PM
Count me in.

ridinglearn
02-13-2023, 04:57 AM
Unfortunately, em not from Florida.... :(

Phantom
02-14-2023, 02:42 AM
Unfortunately, em not from Florida.... :(

Well, we do have a lot of Californians relocating to Florida :duck: ..... Last I checked there were U-Hauls in California

jm21ddd15
02-14-2023, 06:59 PM
Have to miss this one. Trip planned for Springfield Illinois that weekend for the American flat track races on the mile track. Keep us posted if the weekend changes.

FarsideF6B
02-16-2023, 08:31 AM
:039: Greetings Tony from Milton. Congrats on your retirement. Sounds like a good plan and far enough out that I could plan on going. I love the area and have been several times. I'll actually be that way in June going to the Valkyrie InZane which is in Roanoke this year. Waynesville has a couple nice local eatery and tavern too. Bogart's Tavern is a nice local spot. I'll keep up with this thread and maybe we can ride up together?

Phantom
02-16-2023, 11:55 PM
:039: Greetings Tony from Milton. Congrats on your retirement. Sounds like a good plan and far enough out that I could plan on going. I love the area and have been several times. I'll actually be that way in June going to the Valkyrie InZane which is in Roanoke this year. Waynesville has a couple nice local eatery and tavern too. Bogart's Tavern is a nice local spot. I'll keep up with this thread and maybe we can ride up together?

Good Evening,

Thank You, feels so good to not have to deal with employees! Getting up late, piddling around the house, travelling etc..... Life is Good

Let's plan on it, I might be trailering. I'll most likely bring a couple of ice chests for the beverages, bringing some patches and a couple sets of Rivco Highway give away. I might have some oversized T=Shirts to also give away (need to look up on my mezzanine).

ReserveBum
02-18-2023, 01:12 PM
Do you mind if I post this info on another GoldWing site?

Phantom
02-18-2023, 10:48 PM
I'll be riding my white Goldwing
Not a problem :cheers:

Phantom
02-19-2023, 02:08 AM
:motorcycle2::beer3::alc::chatchairs:

Tentative / Interested riders.....

Phantom and Wife
F6Pilot
Farside F6B
Maxrider
SevenTwenty
Six2go
Willtill

Phantom
02-19-2023, 01:25 PM
When ? ....... AUGUST 31st, 2023 ---- SEPTEMBER 3rd, 2023
Where? ....... Franklin, North Carolina
Who ? ......... Anyone with a Motorcycle that can keep up with the F6B's

If you attend ---> ALWAYS ride at your comfort level.
This is NOT the place to prove your skills or hurt yourself trying to do so, you are responsible for your own actions , this event is just to share some nice riding amongst friends.

Thursday early birds arrive between 4:00pm and 10:00pm
Thursday night.... meet and greet everyone at the hotel, 7pm have pizza, wings, a couple of cold beers and introduce yourself.

Friday Tail of the DRAGON Ride day......RIGHT IN OUR BACKYARD.
Friday night, dinner at the Caffe Rel (awesome food)
Friday night, after dinner.... Socializing and consumption of some beverages back at the hotel

Saturday morning group ride into Maggie Valley, stopping at the Wheels through time Motorcycle museum, Lunch location TBD, continuing the ride on the Blue Ridge Parkway or any other route that the group choses
Saturday night.... Dinner, giveaways, photos

Sunday... optional group ride, more scenic roads, waterfall route etc
Sunday afternoon or Monday morning Riders depart :biker:

HOTEL Information ..... To be determined once we have a good idea of how many will be attending.

Jimmytee
02-19-2023, 09:21 PM
Good to talk to you today. I have to look forward into my calender, but if no comflicts, I'd be up for another get together.

maxrider
02-20-2023, 05:33 PM
Yeah I don't trailer anything, and I ain't relocating either, my sorry A.. is used to this 150-mile stretch of paradise, however, I would be remiss about this opportunity to miss you guys, so count me in if I'm still breathing and kicking, see ya.
Tony save me a shirt, I'm 6'4" and done growing, and going to be on the road for a few more days afterward toward NY:).
Add me to the list Tony Aug 31-Sep 3.

Phantom
02-20-2023, 06:00 PM
:motorcycle2::beer3::alc::chatchairs:

Tentative / Interested riders.....

Phantom and Wife
F6Pilot
Farside F6B
Maxrider
ReserveBum
SevenTwenty
Six2go
Willtill

Johnny-B
02-20-2023, 07:22 PM
Got your message yesterday Tony, I too am retiring this year but not till July, sadly I don't own a wing anymore as I am out of full R. Knee replacement in October and Left in March, do have my keeper since new 07 VRSCX v-rod, if able to make it definitely will need to trailer it there, will also be looking toward Blue Ridge area to move to from Disgusta, Ga.

ReserveBum
02-23-2023, 08:07 AM
Phantom and Wife
F6Pilot
Farside F6B
Maxrider
ReserveBum
ZZ54
SevenTwenty
Six2go
Willtill

Phantom
03-04-2023, 12:51 PM
:eat1:

Caffe Rel..... Franklin NC

Due to limited Staff, they may only be open until 4pm, the food here is delicious.
Please note.....Menu changes daily based on what Fresh Ingredients the Chef finds that morning.

Phantom
03-04-2023, 12:53 PM
MORE dishes from....

FarsideF6B
03-04-2023, 09:57 PM

Due to limited Staff, they may only be open until 4pm, the food here is delicious.
Please note.....Menu changes daily based on what Fresh Ingredients the Chef finds that morning.

Sounds great to me! We'll make it work. I love good food! :eat1:

taxfree4
03-05-2023, 01:16 PM

Limited staff? Where are all the youngsters who need $ for weed and booze.

jm21ddd15
03-05-2023, 02:41 PM
Limited staff? Where are all the youngsters who need $ for weed and booze.

Haha, you're talking about the "entitled generation". They don't work, they wait for the current administration to give stuff for free.

ReserveBum
03-30-2023, 07:44 AM
Any hotel set up? Folks interested from other site

Johnny-B
03-31-2023, 10:57 AM
Can put wife and I down as tentative as just picked up wing with training wheels

willtill
03-31-2023, 11:00 AM
Can put wife and I down as tentative as just picked up wing with training wheels

Very, very nice. :cool:

Phantom
04-01-2023, 12:51 AM
Any hotel set up? Folks interested from other site

I'll start calling around next week.

Can you ask the other riders to login on here and that way they can introduce themselves and we can put them on the list? I would appreciate it

:cheers:

11 so far
Phantom and Wife
F6Pilot
Farside F6B
JohnnyB and wife
ReserveBum
ZZ54
SevenTwenty
Six2go
Willtill

blackmetoc
04-01-2023, 07:30 AM
Congratulations on the retirement! Maybe on the get together. I am planning a big Memorial Day trip, so I would have to see the leave I have in the books about that time.

Phantom
04-05-2023, 11:13 PM
12 so far

Phantom and Wife
F6Pilot
Farside F6B
Fla_rider
JohnnyB and wife
ReserveBum
ZZ54
SevenTwenty
Six2go
Willtill

Fla_rider
04-06-2023, 11:00 AM
I’m in! Let us know when you firm up with the hotel! Maybe Steve080.

Jay

Phantom
04-06-2023, 12:46 PM
I’m in! Let us know when you firm up with the hotel! Maybe Steve080.

Jay

Waiting on a quote from Microtel....

seventwenty
04-06-2023, 10:49 PM
I’m going to have to remove my name from the list. My daughter is getting married in Oct and the boss doesn’t think I need another vacation with 2 other trips already locked in this summer. I hate missing it but we all know the saying, Happy wife……..

Looking fwd to the next one.

Phantom
04-08-2023, 05:41 PM
Waiting on 2 hotels to give us a price.... 10-15 rooms?

Phantom
04-13-2023, 11:21 PM
It looks like the average price for 3 days is around $125.00 per night (includes tax)

Ive spoken with 2 hotels.... Microtel and Quality Inn

The hotels are taking advantage of the fact that it is Labor day weekend and they have increased their rates.

It is what it is.

First week or second week in May, I will firm up things. I think the Quality Inn might have a slight edge.

FarsideF6B
04-17-2023, 08:34 AM
It looks like the average price for 3 days is around $125.00 per night (includes tax)

Ive spoken with 2 hotels.... Microtel and Quality Inn

The hotels are taking advantage of the fact that it is Labor day weekend and they have increased their rates.

It is what it is.

First week or second week in May, I will firm up things. I think the Quality Inn might have a slight edge.

'all/right''all/right'

blackmetoc
05-08-2023, 08:14 AM
I am in

Phantom
05-12-2023, 01:50 PM
HOTEL information.....
Locked down and I've already reserved my own room :biggthumpup:

We have a block of "limited" rooms for our group (10-12)

3 nights.. Arriving August 31st (Thursday) ... Departure September 3rd (Sunday) ... $408.87 All-in

( $119.00 per night plus tax = $136.29 )

QUALITY Inn / Franklin NC (828) 369-9200
Must mention that you are with the "HONDA F6B group"

Resreve NOW, as everyone knows, its Labor Day weekend ... do not procrastinate!

13 so far

Blackmetoc
Phantom and Wife
F6Pilot
Farside F6B
Fla_rider
JohnnyB and wife
ReserveBum
ZZ54
SevenTwenty
Six2go
Willtill

FarsideF6B
05-14-2023, 05:43 PM
HOTEL information.....
Locked down and I've already reserved my own room :biggthumpup:

We have a block of "limited" rooms for our group (10-12)

3 nights.. Arriving August 31st (Thursday) ... Departure September 3rd (Sunday) ... $408.87 All-in

( $119.00 per night plus tax = $136.29 )

QUALITY Inn / Franklin NC (828) 369-9200
Must mention that you are with the "HONDA F6B group"

Resreve NOW, as everyone knows, its Labor Day weekend ... do not procrastinate!

13 so far

Blackmetoc
Phantom and Wife
F6Pilot
Farside F6B
Fla_rider
JohnnyB and wife
ReserveBum
ZZ54
SevenTwenty
Six2go
Willtill

OK, I got'er done. Looking forward to it!

FarsideF6B
05-14-2023, 07:01 PM
I am in

If you want to catch up for the ride up to Franklin let me know. I was planning to go with Phantom but he is trailering his bike I believe. So let me know if you're interested. :cool:

ReserveBum
05-17-2023, 09:33 AM
Room booked....Looking forward to it!

Johnny-B
05-17-2023, 02:37 PM
Same Here!

willtill
05-17-2023, 02:54 PM
Lol. Must be something in the air today. I just reserved my room as well. :biggthumpup:

Phantom
05-20-2023, 09:51 AM
:039:

Trying to compile a list of possible places to ride
The Dragon and Cherohala Skyway on Friday, Blue Ridge Parkway, Maggie Valley and Wheels Through Time on Saturday.

Places to eat ? Suggestions. I've already mentioned Cafe Rel in Franklin....

FarsideF6B
05-22-2023, 08:45 AM
Bogarts Tavern is in Waynesville about 40 miles from Franklin, a great place to eat get a beer. Maybe after we do Wheels of Time. Only 10 miles away. :eat1:

Phantom
05-23-2023, 09:30 AM
Bogarts Tavern is in Waynesville about 40 miles from Franklin, a great place to eat get a beer. Maybe after we do Wheels of Time. Only 10 miles away. :eat1:

I'm not sure if this is the place.
Last time we had lunch at a brewery where the food was excellent, I can't remember the name of it nor can I find it.
Willtill do you remember ?

willtill
05-23-2023, 05:21 PM
Last time we had lunch at a brewery where the food was excellent, I can't remember the name of it nor can I find it.

I do remember the place you are talking about. I remember enjoying the LARGEST pretzel I have had to there, to date. Just can't remember the particulars. Been quite awhile. Maybe we'll find it again

ReserveBum
05-24-2023, 11:56 AM
I remember that pretzel but cant remember the name of the pub or the town. It was an old industrial town....train tracks, smokestacks

ReserveBum
05-27-2023, 07:45 AM

The Dragon and Cherohala Skyway on Friday, Blue Ridge Parkway, Maggie Valley and Wheels Through Time on Saturday.

Ironworks - at the TN end of Cherohala. Nice spot on the river, good burgers and last night they had Steak and Catfish as specials. Bands on Friday/saturday.

FarsideF6B
06-10-2023, 07:05 PM

I don't think you'd forget this place ( Bogarts ) being a local hot spot. It is still open as it has been around for several years. I've only had dinner there but go hungry and thirsty. :cheers:

Phantom
06-12-2023, 12:57 AM
I don't think you'd forget this place ( Bogarts ) being a local hot spot. It is still open as it has been around for several years. I've only had dinner there but go hungry and thirsty. :cheers:

Hmmmm, I don't think this was it. If memory serves me right, there was either a canal or small river on the back of the property and it was a small brewery also.

Steve 0080
06-20-2023, 09:59 PM
The restaurant is on the Cherohala Skyway.... Ski beach or something like that... Hamburger shack....

My room is reserved I should be there......Steve

Phantom
06-21-2023, 07:53 PM
I do remember the place you are talking about. I remember enjoying the LARGEST pretzel I have had to there, to date. Just can't remember the particulars. Been quite awhile. Maybe we'll find it again

I Think I found it.... It's in Maggie Valley..... Take a look and see if this jogs anyones memory.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g49313-d21097735-Reviews-Bearwaters_Brewing_Company-Maggie_Valley_North_Carolina.html#photos;aggregati onId=101&albumid=101&filter=7&ff=466201686

https://www.bearwatersbrewing.com/

Sorcerer
06-22-2023, 08:28 AM
Last summer when I was in Maggie Valley I had supper there a couple of times. Good food. It is a busy place that does have a couple of side rooms for groups. I sat at the rail outside to listen to the sounds of the brook that runs past as I eat dinner.

blackmetoc
06-24-2023, 11:38 AM
My room is booked!

Phantom
06-27-2023, 01:00 PM
Gentlemen, PLEASE book your room if you have not already done so.

13 so far

Blackmetoc
Phantom and Wife
F6Pilot
Farside F6B
Fla_rider
JohnnyB and wife
ReserveBum
ZZ54
SevenTwenty
Six2go
Willtill

FarsideF6B
06-27-2023, 06:50 PM

Bogarts was only a suggestion. Not trying to guess what place you've eaten at before. :cheers:

Phantom
06-28-2023, 08:58 AM
Bogarts was only a suggestion. Not trying to guess what place you've eaten at before. :cheers:

I understood what you meant, sounds like a great place to eat. :biggthumpup:

In August, we will finalize the routes and stops. 'gw-smiley'

FarsideF6B
06-28-2023, 09:43 AM
Morning, I was just in Franklin on Friday 16th with some riders headed north to VA. We stayed in Franklin and had a great dinner at Haywood Smokehouse. A local restaurant that came highly recommended and I'm sure glad we went there. No chain with great parking, service and not to mention food was great. We all enjoyed. Maybe take a look. :biggthumpup:

F6Pilot
06-28-2023, 08:31 PM
Gentlemen, PLEASE book your room if you have not already done so.

Mine is booked.

Steve 0080
07-03-2023, 01:51 PM
Here is some information about dining in Franklin; Cafe Rel, the French restaurant is still in business, Lucio’s Italian is wonderful, Graff’s is a nice sports bar, the new owners are doing a great job. They are in the old Mulligan’s place. The Lazy Hiker brewery now has a food truck and so does the Currahee brewery has a great food truck. There are several Mexican restaurants all over town. The Chinese buffet in the Walmart parking lot is good. These are a few that are within Franklin. I have eaten at all of them and they're all pretty good.

Steve 0080
07-06-2023, 07:16 AM
https://blueridgemountainstravelguide.com/best-restaurants-in-franklin-north-carolina/

willtill
07-11-2023, 04:18 PM
Gearing up for the ride. Bike is ready. Need another dark side tire though. Have no fear, I will have a new car tire mounted soon.

I just can’t fathom having a rear M/C on this bike ever again. I sure wish I could get another Michelin Alpine 3 though…. :icon_cry:

willtill
07-20-2023, 05:02 PM
Take me off the list. Motorcycle injury. My life sucks. Have fun you guys.

F6Pilot
07-20-2023, 07:47 PM

You sure you won't be healed up in time?

Elroy
07-21-2023, 08:42 AM
Have a great gathering and ride everyone! I would attend but this'll overlap with this year's annual bike trip I take with coworkers.

willtill
07-21-2023, 12:25 PM
You sure you won't be healed up in time?

I see the orthopedic surgeon Monday. I’ll know more about what he wants to do, but right now I’m combat ineffective, whole lower leg is now swollen along with the ankle.

taxfree4
07-21-2023, 12:54 PM
I see the orthopedic surgeon Monday. I’ll know more about what he wants to do, but right now I’m combat ineffective, whole lower leg is now swollen along with the ankle.

Anyone have a sidecar out there, that and a pickelhaub to get the commandant to the front, of the buffet line anyway.

Phantom
07-21-2023, 05:44 PM

Will, I'm sorry to hear this.

I hope that you return back to the saddle before the start of the trip. You have over 4 weeks to recover. You can do it. Ibuprofen and Epsom salt bath can help reduce the pain and inflammation.
Use 2 cups of Epsom salt for a standard-size bathtub. Pour the Epsom salt into warm running water. Soak in an Epsom salt bath for 15–30 minutes or up to 1 hour.

Try it and see if that works for you.

Johnny-B
07-26-2023, 02:56 PM
Retirement in 2 Days! Sold the 04 Wing and got a 18 with 3000 miles and training wheels, a bit of a chore turning but don't make a rake kit for the newer ones without a 2500. price tag, so will look like Popeye by end of Saturdays ride.9001

Phantom
07-27-2023, 10:11 AM
Retirement in 2 Days! Sold the 04 Wing and got a 18 with 3000 miles and training wheels, a bit of a chore turning but don't make a rake kit for the newer ones without a 2500. price tag, so will look like Popeye by end of Saturdays ride.9001

Very nice :cheers:

FarsideF6B
08-01-2023, 06:42 PM

Sweet.... retirement and a new MC ride. Very nice. :biggthumpup:

FarsideF6B
08-07-2023, 06:01 PM
Just changed my oil getting ready for the gathering in Franklin:cheers:

Phantom
08-10-2023, 12:52 PM
Just changed my oil getting ready for the gathering in Franklin:cheers:

Nice to hear.

One week before our arrival, I'll be putting together a riding itinerary for both days, simple.

I'm craving for North Carolina fried green tomatoes :eat1:

blackmetoc
08-11-2023, 07:00 AM
Nice to hear.

One week before our arrival, I'll be putting together a riding itinerary for both days, simple.

I'm craving for North Carolina fried green tomatoes :eat1:

mmmmm, Fried Green Tomatoes.
I was fearful I would not be able to ride. I fell off the roof a few weeks ago, beat up my knee and foot. All seem doable. Best to ride, not stop! :-)

willtill
08-12-2023, 05:21 PM
Indeterminate at this time. Issues with the rubber on my bike at the moment (both tires) and less than stellar performance with my healing ankle injury. Afraid I've been pushing it too much.

F6Pilot
08-13-2023, 03:53 PM
I'm not going to Google all of the terms so welcome back will have to suffice. Glad to hear you will be able to attend.

ReserveBum
08-15-2023, 04:54 PM
Just an update....we have had some pretty hard rains over the last week and today the Tellico River flooded closing the Cherohala Skyway on the TN side. Iron Works grill and the Tellico Beach Drive In are closed right now. The water treatment plant was flooded and there is no water supply. No access to Bald River Falls and portions of some roads have been damaged. The bridge at the falls is set to close in mid September for replacement and will be closed for a year.. I will keep checking and let you know of any updates.

F6Pilot
08-15-2023, 08:53 PM
And then there is this...

Phantom
08-16-2023, 02:50 AM
Those of you that live nearby, if you would....
Please keep us up to date . Thanks :cheers:

ReserveBum
08-16-2023, 08:26 AM
Cherohala - Road washed out at TN mile marker 4.5. Let you know when they estimate the work completion

VanO57
08-18-2023, 03:10 PM
Was up that cherohala parkway yesterday it was washed out mile marker 5 there is a detour around not well marked but talked to a couple that said the GPS was showing it.

lowbar
08-24-2023, 08:17 AM
I normally hang out on the GL1800riders forum but someone posted about this get together over there. Mind if I join you? It appears rooms are still available. I am going to book two double beds in case someone wants to share a room. I ride a '21 Goldwing Bagger. I'm still getting used to it after many years on Harley Dressers. Dennis

Phantom
08-25-2023, 08:01 AM
I normally hang out on the GL1800riders forum but someone posted about this get together over there. Mind if I join you? It appears rooms are still available. I am going to book two double beds in case someone wants to share a room. I ride a '21 Goldwing Bagger. I'm still getting used to it after many years on Harley Dressers. Dennis

Welcome to the site, all are welcome to join us. :icon_cool::yes:

Phantom
08-25-2023, 08:02 AM
Any News on the Dragon and Cherohala being reopened????

lowbar
08-25-2023, 08:14 AM

ELLICO PLAINS, Tenn. (WATE) – An update on efforts to reopen Cherohala Skyway (https://www.wate.com/tag/cherohala-skyway/) has been released after heavy flooding in the area (https://www.wate.com/news/monroe-county-news/widespread-flooding-affects-parts-of-monroe-county-after-stormy-night/) washed away a section of the roadway.
Monroe County Mayor Mitch Ingram shared an update from Monroe County Tourism on Tuesday. The Tennessee Department of Transportation is working on a temporary fix to the road at mile marker 4.5.
The temporary repairs should be completed in two to three weeks, Monroe County Tourism said. This would allow the roadway to reopen in early September.

F6Pilot
08-25-2023, 04:59 PM

Dragon: Based on chatter on a couple of sites it looks like The Dragon is likely cleaned up at this point. Several riders discussing their runs back and forth.

Cherohala: problem is on the Tennessee side. Advised that you can still enjoy most of the Skyway and ride "out and back" if you start at Robbinsville. There was also a detour mentioned on Rafter Rd but it was advised against due to it being a one lane country road with bad curves, switchbacks, and also in need of repair.

ReserveBum
08-28-2023, 11:18 AM
Cherohala is still closed near the TN 4.5 mile marker. repairs ongoing but doesnt look like it will be open for our get together. From TDOT...."the official TDOT detour around the Cherohala Skyway closure takes drivers an additional 121 miles and nearly three hours to reach River Road from Old Furnace Road or vice versa". You can still enter from the NC side and ride into TN like F6Pilot says, but then you have to turn around or take the detour.

FarsideF6B
08-28-2023, 06:45 PM
Thanks for the update. :cool:

Johnny-B
08-29-2023, 11:22 AM
Unfortunately Sandy and I will not be coming due to internal leads from stimulator in back somehow got a break in it and now requires another surgery to repair, hopefully next time, room available. Take care and have fun!

ReserveBum
08-29-2023, 01:18 PM
Hope the repair goes well Johnny and we see you down the road soon

F6Pilot
08-29-2023, 07:42 PM
One of my team members was up on Cherohala this past weekend in his Miata. He took the Rafter Rd. bypass and said it was no issue as they apparently had groomed the road pretty well with about 3 miles of it being packed gravel and the remainder asphalt. Here are a couple of pics of the road. For information purposes only as YMMV.

Phantom
08-29-2023, 08:30 PM
Unfortunately Sandy and I will not be coming due to internal leads from stimulator in back somehow got a break in it and now requires another surgery to repair, hopefully next time, room available. Take care and have fun!

I'm sorry to hear this, Johnny take care of yourself and your bride.... until we cross paths again.:cheers:

Phantom
08-29-2023, 08:36 PM
One of my team members was up on Cherohala this past weekend in his Miata. He took the Rafter Rd. bypass and said it was no issue as they apparently had groomed the road pretty well with about 3 miles of it being packed gravel and the remainder asphalt. Here are a couple of pics of the road. For information purposes only as YMMV.

Thanks F6Pilot, I think it's best that we stick to asphalt.

I would hate to have anyone go down in the mountains again. I already dealt with two accidents a few years ago.
4 wheelers on gravel.... thats a lot of fun

willtill
08-29-2023, 09:06 PM
Wingstuff.com is throwing me a "bait and switch: with the T-valve stems for running exterior TPMS systems. The ones they sent to me today only have one external gasket to the wheel, they're supposed to have an interior one as well. I got of the phone with Jeff, telling him the issue of sending me something that was not originally pictured, and after going back and forth he's sending me a refund.

The current T-stem I've been running is leaking air around the base, have had them installed for over seven years now, and the rubber gaskets are looking to be getting dried out.

I just ordered the correct T-Stem from Fobo in the Philippines, I don't think it's going to get here in time so I can get it installed in my new rear darkside.

maxrider
08-29-2023, 11:26 PM
Buy a new gasket?

Phantom
08-30-2023, 09:20 PM
:cheers:'riding':alc::bbq2:
Looking forward in seeing all of you there,
I'm arriving Thursday late afternoon
Thursday dinner.... Pizza or sit down at local restaurant no later than 7:00pm (Most close by 8pm)

Lets RIDE !

Blackmetoc
Phantom and Wife
F6Pilot
Farside F6B
Fla_rider
Lowbar
ReserveBum
Steve0080
ZZ54
SevenTwenty
Six2go
Willtill

willtill
08-31-2023, 05:19 AM
I can't get my end together here, with myself and my bike. Gonna miss this one, and you guys are going to have great weather it appears.

F6Pilot
08-31-2023, 05:57 AM
Hate to hear that Will. Was hoping you would be able to pull through and make the trip. Next time.

Phantom
08-31-2023, 07:06 AM
I can't get my end together here, with myself and my bike. Gonna miss this one, and you guys are going to have great weather it appears.
Get your ASS in gear today, arrive a day late, take your time returning home.

willtill
08-31-2023, 02:46 PM
Hate to hear that Will. Was hoping you would be able to pull through and make the trip. Next time.

I really wanted to. Wingstuff fucked me over with the T-stem that I ordered for my new car tire, I’m not comfortable with the current dissipating car tire rubber on my bike right now.

I have other recently developed (from long standing) family issues going on as well. One is in the hospital again. So the wife heads there.

I’ll maybe see you and others on a later meetup. Doesn’t have to be orchestrated here.

F6Pilot
09-03-2023, 03:03 PM
Just got back from the Labor Day Weekend run. Fun seeing some old familiar faces and meeting several new. The rides and weather were great all weekend. If you have pics, post them up so we can all enjoy.

9063 9064

Phantom
09-03-2023, 08:50 PM
Just rolled in around 6:00pm

Enjoyed a great time with all that attended.

Photos to follow in the next couple of days.

Will, we did indeed miss you. Plan to join us on the next ride down to Key West. I'll buy you a beer :cheers:

FarsideF6B
09-03-2023, 10:19 PM
I put in 545 miles today and got home at 7pm. It was a great time running around Western NC with you guys. The Tail of the Dragon was a nice run and the BRP is always a pleasant ride. I love the cooler weather on the BRP. It was Nice putting faces with the names I see on the board. My first gathering with the "B" team. Well, there were a few "B's" there. I'm sure I'll make some more. Tony has the pic's I took so he'll post. Ride safe all and thanks for a enjoyable Labor Day weekend Ride. 'gw-smiley'

blackmetoc
09-04-2023, 07:22 AM
All in all, I did just over 1,425 miles. Got home mid afternoon, bike is clean, now to change the oil. I think while it is still hot, I'll get a Russell Day Long seat put on.
Great seeing y'all. Seeing old riding buddies (us? old? nah!), and meeting new ones. Thanks for setting it up Tony!

Fla_rider
09-04-2023, 07:40 AM
Over 1600 miles, nice seeing everyone again and meeting new faces! Thanks for putting this together again Tony!

blackmetoc
09-04-2023, 09:00 AM

blackmetoc
09-04-2023, 09:01 AM

lowbar
09-04-2023, 12:42 PM
Thanks for letting me slow you down. I had a good ride home with a side stop in Helen, Ga.

blackmetoc
09-04-2023, 04:46 PM
Thanks for letting me slow you down. I had a good ride home with a side stop in Helen, Ga.

I am slow too, so thanks for the support!

F6Pilot
09-05-2023, 06:13 PM
I have heard several times for group photos from the Dragon ride on Friday, 9/1. All (3) of the photographers have several points along the route and following are all of the photos of our group I was able to locate.

129photos.com

11:19am
11:25am
11:47am
11:50am
11:54am

129slayer.com

11:23am
11:49am

Killboy.com

11:14am
11:20am