PDA

View Full Version : Gassing up

FarsideF6B
02-18-2023, 10:26 AM
:confused: What is the most gas you've squeezed in your B? This is the most for me:rolleyes: I think i was on fumes.:icon_doh:
https://i.postimg.cc/hPw6r5qf/Gassing-up.jpg (https://postimg.cc/WhG5pSzv)

willtill
02-18-2023, 10:32 AM
That's about the most I've ever squeezed in myself. I like to fill up when I'm near a 1/4 of the tank normally.

Sorcerer
02-18-2023, 11:53 AM
A gallon left is not on fumes unless you are more than 38 miles from
A gas station. I’ve put in 6+ gallons and yes I was sweating it.

Phantom
02-18-2023, 12:49 PM
I have filled my tank with 6.23 Gallons .... I thought I would've run out but I didn't before pulling into the gas station.

I was not sweating it, I had a 1 gallon gas can in one of the saddlebags as a reserve just in case.

Normally when the needle drops below the 1/4 tank mark, I fill up.

FarsideF6B
02-18-2023, 06:24 PM
:icon_doh: Gezzz, Well my bad, I'm getting:old:I should have posted that on the VRCC board cause I was on my Valkyrie. Renegade holds 5.3 gallons. Yep, Stinger has a 6.6gallon and I've actually put 6.2 gal. in it before. So those of you that have put over 6 gallons we were living on a prayer.'angel'

taxfree4
02-18-2023, 08:28 PM
Here is my June statement from my X-Country last year, the underlined are fill ups. There is an art to pick when there are the highest gas prices in the history of the world. My ancestors were General Custer and the Captain of the Titanic

Sorcerer
02-19-2023, 07:47 PM
On my Valk as I came to a stop at the top of an exit ramp the bike was not running on all 6. I had went around the guy that was leading in a Hail Mary as there was one station there. I was praying it was even open. A one pump station that was open and had fuel. Buddy was on his 1500 Wing and had spaced out that my Valk was the deciding factor for fuel stops.

FarsideF6B
02-19-2023, 09:00 PM
On my Valk as I came to a stop at the top of an exit ramp the bike was not running on all 6. I had went around the guy that was leading in a Hail Mary as there was one station there. I was praying it was even open. A one pump station that was open and had fuel. Buddy was on his 1500 Wing and had spaced out that my Valk was the deciding factor for fuel stops.

Wow, that was pushing it for sure! :rolleyes:

Sorcerer
02-20-2023, 11:16 AM
Yup. I had that happen one other time but not quite as close. Going to Americade the guy I was going with knew I was again the deciding fuel stop factor. Problem was that I lived 19 miles away from him. He started with a full tank and I was about 3/4 of a gallon down by the time I met him at his house. My F6B seems to be still the fuel factor as some of the people ride BMW GS’s.