PDA

View Full Version : Battery might be weak

FarsideF6B
02-26-2023, 11:44 PM
:confused: Yes, I believe so. It turns over but won't start. I've had Stinger for 3years with not battery issues. I'm not sure how old it is. This is my 14 F6B. Maybe the original battery don't know. I found this battery on Amazon. Says it is the right battery for the B. Any body seen/use this one? The one on the left. thx. :cool:https://i.postimg.cc/sgDCNV6J/Stinger-Battery.jpg (https://postimg.cc/xc7ZkSSk)

Frye
02-27-2023, 05:03 PM
:confused: Yes, I believe so. It turns over but won't start. I've had Stinger for 3years with not battery issues. I'm not sure how old it is. This is my 14 F6B. Maybe the original battery don't know. I found this battery on Amazon. Says it is the right battery for the B. Any body seen/use this one? The one on the left. thx. :cool:https://i.postimg.cc/sgDCNV6J/Stinger-Battery.jpg (https://postimg.cc/xc7ZkSSk)

Please keep us posted if anyone tries one.

willtill
02-27-2023, 06:50 PM
If your running the same battery that came with your F6B, kudo's. They will definitely last if you keep a battery maintainer on them during non-use. I keep my F6B connected via pigtail to the battery constantly when I'm not riding it.

Best for you to go OEM again. I've had Duracell batteries in group 34 before. They don't last long.

Don't cheap out on your motorcycle battery.

Let me repeat that. Don't cheap out on your motorcycle battery.

Phantom
02-28-2023, 02:37 AM
Best for you to go OEM again.

Don't cheap out on your motorcycle battery.

Let me repeat that. Don't cheap out on your motorcycle battery.

What Will said......

Buy a YUASA..... many, I repeat... many Goldwing owners have had their original YUASA battery last 6-10 years. It's the BEST battery for our bikes.

You will replace 3-4 cheap $100 batteries in the lifespan of 1 Yuasa $150 battery. You will save money and prevent headaches with a YUASA (Don't ask how I know)
Just my 2 cents

ridinglearn
02-28-2023, 04:52 AM
Apparent difference only, both function same plus a lot of battery brands are available now you can try them on.

taxfree4
02-28-2023, 06:52 AM
What Will said......

Buy a YUASA..... many, I repeat... many Goldwing owners have had their original YUASA battery last 6-10 years. It's the BEST battery for our bikes.

You will replace 3-4 cheap $100 batteries in the lifespan of 1 Yuasa $150 battery. You will save money and prevent headaches with a YUASA (Don't ask how I know)
Just my 2 cents

You bet YUASA ,:spank: I second that

SpencerPJ
02-28-2023, 07:43 AM
I'm on the prefer Yuasa bandwagon, always when I can.
I did an Interstate on last bike, last 5 years, was still going strong. It's not like Energizer is a bad brand, my biggest concern would be getting a fake battery off Amazon. If it came from a reputable supplier, I wouldn't be afraid to try it.

tenxxx
02-28-2023, 09:03 AM
My original 2013 battery is still going strong. It spins the motor over fast.
It sits in the trailer all winter and starts fast in the spring with no charging in between.
But I will get her a new battery this year anyway.
The old battery will be a good 12v source for testing for a few more years if you keep it charged.

FarsideF6B
02-28-2023, 03:18 PM
My original 2013 battery is still going strong. It spins the motor over fast.
It sits in the trailer all winter and starts fast in the spring with no charging in between.
But I will get her a new battery this year anyway.
The old battery will be a good 12v source for testing for a few more years if you keep it charged.

Wow that is longer than mine. .notworthy. I do believe this is the original battery on my 14B. I called my local shop to see if he had the OEM battery and he said he could have me one by this Thursday. Sell it to me for $165+tax. I said done deal. I've never checked on the battery since I've owned the bike in the 3 years. I should have checked it last year before I made my 5,500 mile trip to Montana. Shame on me! :spank:Leaving FL in June and going thru TX we hit temps of over 108 degrees. I figure I was pretty lucky. So I've got an OEM coming and went ahead and took out the existing one. I believe it is the original. Look at the corrosion on the positive post.
https://i.postimg.cc/Rh2XWvfr/Bad-battery.jpg (https://postimg.cc/0Kdp3RcZ)

Phantom
03-01-2023, 01:22 AM
I do believe this is the original battery on my 14B.

Yes, that does look like the original.

Most likely produced in 2013 .

You got your money's worth :cheers:

KeyWasted
03-01-2023, 10:33 AM
There should be a series of numbers that may still be legible that begin with a letter and end in 4 or 5 numbers. A call to Yuasa tech will get you the date of manufacture.

FarsideF6B
03-01-2023, 10:53 AM
There should be a series of numbers that may still be legible that begin with a letter and end in 4 or 5 numbers. A call to Yuasa tech will get you the date of manufacture.

:rolleyes: Hmmm, I may do that just for knowing for sure'all/right'

BIGLRY
03-01-2023, 02:37 PM
What Will said......

Just my 2 centsI'm also on the OEM YUASA bandwagon as all my steel steeds have YUASA batteries in them and never had one let me down.'gw-smiley'

tpwood
03-01-2023, 07:31 PM
I replaced min 16 with a Yusa battery and I always have before on my wing's, But, I replaced mine in 2021. when I was. checking everything out this past May before cross country trip, checked the battery voltage and it 12.13, then steadily drops below 12 volts. As a retired electronics tech and mechanicing all my life, I replaced it with the above battery, Energizer. Very disappointed with Yusa!

taxfree4
03-02-2023, 08:30 AM
I replaced min 16 with a Yusa battery and I always have before on my wing's, But, I replaced mine in 2021. when I was. checking everything out this past May before cross country trip, checked the battery voltage and it 12.13, then steadily drops below 12 volts. As a retired electronics tech and mechanicing all my life, I replaced it with the above battery, Energizer. Very disappointed with Yusa!

Could it be you got a dud. I bought a 2016 last year and it looks like an original Yuasa, did a X-country last year, no problems, and will do Alaska this year with the same battery. I do keep it tendered, not sure if that makes a difference, you're the expert on that. Look at Ronald Reagan Jr., even the Gipper produces a hunk of $hyte every once in a while, then there's Patti Davis, maybe twice.

KeyWasted
03-02-2023, 11:34 AM
Could it be you got a dud. I bought a 2016 last year and it looks like an original Yuasa, did a X-country last year, no problems, and will do Alaska this year with the same battery. I do keep it tendered, not sure if that makes a difference, you're the expert on that. Look at Ronald Reagan Jr., even the Gipper produces a hunk of $hyte every once in a while, then there's Patti Davis, maybe twice.

Good point! Hard to believe you live in NY! Your name should be taxslave24/7!

We have room in Florida for people like you!

willtill
03-02-2023, 11:43 AM
Good point! Hard to believe you live in NY! Your name should be taxslave24/7!

We have room in Florida for people like you!

Mike doesn't pay taxes. He figured the system out long ago. :cool:

taxfree4
03-02-2023, 12:16 PM
Mike doesn't pay taxes. He figured the system out long ago. :cool:

It's based on voluntary compliance, I just volunteered not to comply. My mom lives in Boynton Beach so I go down every couple of months to repair whatever then I come home to rest. Don't let DeSantis run for president, you don't want lose him. Maybe 2028 when ALL the Dems are voted out of the Fla. legislature