PDA

View Full Version : Windbender shield

Big Jay
12-25-2013, 12:20 AM
wife and kids went together and got this for me . Hope to get out tomorrow to test it out. installation was pretty easy. Has to be better wind protection than the stock shield. Merry Christmas everyone. Jay

MichaelG
12-25-2013, 12:41 AM
wife and kids went together and got this for me . Hope to get out tomorrow to test it out. installation was pretty easy. Has to be better wind protection than the stock shield. Merry Christmas everyone. Jay

Jay, do you know if that is the HP-15, or the HP-11 ? I know it is the HP, and not the ST, but the question is, what is the height of that outer shield...15" or 11" ?

One of our forum sponsors...WingStuff...sells those windshields. They are great, and the two wackos that live close to me that also ride F6B's both have those on their bikes...(Kevin & Dale). Kevin uses a HP-11, and Dale uses a HP-15, so I am wondering what yours is.

I am going to guess that yours is the HP-15...by the looks of it.

Thanks, "coffee"

BACA
12-25-2013, 01:17 AM
I have a Windbender too.......in fact mine is the prototype that was the fore-bearer for the ones he sells now.......here is a pic in his shop the day we mounted it on the bike...and one in front of my home after a few miles....

Mine's the 15" for those days when I don't want to look over the windshield.....in it's lowest position the wind just catches the top of my helmet so I ride with it one notch up.......great windshield!!

F6B-RICH
12-25-2013, 07:27 AM
Looks good.I am going to order mine soon its one of my winter mods.I just need to figure out which size to get and do I get the electric option :icon_biggrin:

Big Jay
12-25-2013, 09:03 AM
Jay, do you know if that is the HP-15, or the HP-11 ? I know it is the HP, and not the ST, but the question is, what is the height of that outer shield...15" or 11" ?

One of our forum sponsors...WingStuff...sells those windshields. They are great, and the two wackos that live close to me that also ride F6B's both have those on their bikes...(Kevin & Dale). Kevin uses a HP-11, and Dale uses a HP-15, so I am wondering what yours is.

I am going to guess that yours is the HP-15...by the looks of it.

Thanks, "coffee"
It actually is the HP-11. I need to get to a parking lot some where to adjust the height per the instruction suggestions.

Big Jay
12-25-2013, 09:11 AM
Looks good.I am going to order mine soon its one of my winter mods.I just need to figure out which size to get and do I get the electric option :icon_biggrin:

I think the electric option is as much money as the windshield kit itself, but would be a very nice option. I don't have the electric but I did get the optional pins , so I don' have to worry about loosing them, cause I probably would.

bobbyf6b
12-25-2013, 09:52 AM
Very cool. I like how that shield follows the lines of the bike.

hondabikepro
12-25-2013, 01:40 PM
I think the electric option is as much money as the windshield kit itself, but would be a very nice option. I don't have the electric but I did get the optional pins , so I don' have to worry about loosing them, cause I probably would.

i have 28000 miles on my electric windbender, this is the best accessory that i have installed, i run the shield up and down so many times a ride i cant even count that high. i can make the ride perfect with just a tough of the switch
side note, your have to move the left grip out on the bar to install the electric switch, if you have honda heated grips, you may damage the left grip, by trying to move it over. dale

kjelders
12-26-2013, 09:44 AM
i have 28000 miles on my electric windbender, this is the best accessory that i have installed, i run the shield up and down so many times a ride i cant even count that high. i can make the ride perfect with just a tough of the switch
side note, your have to move the left grip out on the bar to install the electric switch, if you have honda heated grips, you may damage the left grip, by trying to move it over. dale

I'll chime in as the other "wacko" as Miles stated :icon_mrgreen:....I have the 11" HP with electric option. Yes, the combo is expensive, however having the option to move the shield up or down with a flick of a switch is the only way to go. Right Miles?

I resemble your side note Dale! :icon_frown:

Big Jay
12-26-2013, 09:57 AM
I agree that the electric adjust would be great, loved it on my ST1300, it's just not in the budget right now. I got out for a ride yesterday and this shield worked very well, didn't get out on the freeway but at 55 to 65 it was great. :clap2:

Hook
12-26-2013, 12:49 PM
I have a Windbender too.......in fact mine is the prototype that was the fore-bearer for the ones he sells now.......here is a pic in his shop the day we mounted it on the bike...and one in front of my home after a few miles....

Mine's the 15" for those days when I don't want to look over the windshield.....in it's lowest position the wind just catches the top of my helmet so I ride with it one notch up.......great windshield!!

350835093510Where did you get you MC jack??

kjelders
12-26-2013, 01:21 PM
Where did you get you MC jack??

That's a Pit Bull MC jack at Windbender's shop.

Steve 0080
12-27-2013, 05:05 PM
I have the same jack....very nice !!!!! http://www.pitbullmotorcyclelifts.com/