PDA

View Full Version : It was destiny

taxfree4
03-11-2023, 07:40 PM
Just found these pics from 2013 from an Officer Down ride I was on and I was riding my Harley Road Glide. This red bike pulled up and I was surprised as the guy said it was the new Goldwing but a sportier model. Who knew a couple of months later I would trade that blowtorch in and wind up on my black 2013 "B". Best decision ever

ridinglearn
03-15-2023, 08:54 AM
Indeed, Amazing choice you had, hope you enjoyed a lot with your previous tickle

taxfree4
03-15-2023, 06:25 PM
Indeed, Amazing choice you had, hope you enjoyed a lot with your previous tickle

That was the problem with the Road Glide, it wasn't fun. The Street Glide, which was a 96 cu.in., I traded in for the RG, was tolerable. The RG was 106 cu.in. and the heat was significant.10 cu.in. didn't seem like a lot to me, but it was. I took a trip down to Florida, get caught in a rainstorm, in bumper to bumper traffic, in Va. and the heat coming off that motor was unbearable. Nothing like your nethers being steamed alive. I swore when I arrived in Florida I would go to the nearest Honda dealer and check this F6B thing out. Sat on it, my first time on a Goldwing, and unlike a Harley where you crack the throttle and wait till it giddy ups, I was thrown back in the seat and had the holy s-it moment I always heard about. Best decision I ever made, traded the HOG in right there, gave them a $1000 and that was it. I had the RG, maybe, a couple months. Then I started having fun.