PDA

View Full Version : EZ Pass Transponder

Cruiser2014
03-23-2023, 09:20 AM
Would like some input on what is the best location for the EZ Pass transponder on a F6B? Whether it be on the windshield or the saddle bags, Ty

ReserveBum
03-24-2023, 06:41 AM
I have a Madstad and mount it on the inside of the base. Reads fine.

willtill
03-24-2023, 08:32 AM
I have a Madstad and mount it on the inside of the base. Reads fine.

I always wondered if the transponder would work in that position. I have a Garmin GPS mounted to the inside of the inner base of the Madstad. Maybe I can somehow squeeze the transponder in with it. Usually I just hold it in my hand when I'm rolling through a toll lane, but that's a pain in the butt and one day I'm going to drop the damned thing.

Az Wingrider
03-25-2023, 09:29 AM
I don't have a transponder. When I am on the bike I always move to the right or left edge of my lane when I go through the toll booth. The camera has never caught my plate number and I have never gotten a bill in the mail.

willtill
03-25-2023, 10:41 AM
I don't have a transponder. When I am on the bike I always move to the right or left edge of my lane when I go through the toll booth. The camera has never caught my plate number and I have never gotten a bill in the mail.

That is clever. I'll have to try that sometime. If they don't deduct from my EZPass balance then it's a win for me. Too! :thumb:

Cruiser2014
03-25-2023, 04:08 PM
In the Tri-state area (NY, NJ, and most all CONN) they don't have toll booths anymore, We have toll readers high above and the sensor flash all over the place!!!

Eternalydamd
03-27-2023, 01:03 PM
In Southern CA we have the fast pass, it's just a stick you put on your headlight, I wonder if that works all over the country...I went through some toll lanes in CO a few times last year, never got a bill...