PDA

View Full Version : Thank God for global warming

taxfree4
04-10-2023, 12:06 PM
Perfect day for riding, stopped by Floyd Bennet Field. The museum is only open on weekends and the aircraft museum only on Tues. Thurs. and Sat. but still was perfect by the water. Supposed to be 79 degrees by Thursday, keep idling those vehicles. If you look at the right side mirror and go straight up from there you'll see JFK Tower, may have to enlarge it.

KeyWasted
04-10-2023, 05:09 PM
Glad you could get out. What’s up with the milk crate?

taxfree4
04-10-2023, 05:16 PM
Glad you could get out. What’s up with the milk crate?

I use that on the x-country trips to keep bottles of water in so I can hydrate on the go. I've perfected the art of opening a water bottle with one hand.

willtill
04-10-2023, 05:41 PM
I use that on the x-country trips to keep bottles of water in so I can hydrate on the go. I've perfected the art of opening a water bottle with one hand.

I didn't see that milk crate until it was pointed out. Genious. You have it fastened to the passenger foot peg I presume?

taxfree4
04-10-2023, 05:50 PM
I didn't see that milk crate until it was pointed out. Genious. You have it fastened to the passenger foot peg I presume?

You are correct, two velcro straps. And when I'm not doing long distance I just throw stuff in there so I don't have to open the saddlebag. Six pack fits perfectly.

jm21ddd15
04-10-2023, 08:06 PM
does that rear camera come off when you park? Seems like as easy item for a thief to grab.

taxfree4
04-11-2023, 07:15 AM
does that rear camera come off when you park? Seems like as easy item for a thief to grab.

It does, it's an Akaso brand, GoPro knock off, but I don't take it out of the case when I park. I'm betting that NYC thugs are too stupid to figure it out, and so far I'm correct. Actually, that is a second rear camera, the first one is under the MP3 Rack, which is part of the front/rear camera system. Having been slammed from the rear you can't have enough video evidence.

KeyWasted
04-11-2023, 09:23 AM
It does, it's an Akaso brand, GoPro knock off, but I don't take it out of the case when I park. I'm betting that NYC thugs are too stupid to figure it out, and so far I'm correct. Actually, that is a second rear camera, the first one is under the MP3 Rack, which is part of the front/rear camera system. Having been slammed from the rear you can't have enough video evidence.

Don’t underestimate NY thugs. My son lived and studied in Brooklyn for 3 years, Clinton Hill. During his brief stay in hell, he lost 2 bikes, got his truck damaged in a H&R, and lost 1000’s in videography equipment when thugs broke into his rental truck. Shit that never even got close to happening in his previous 25 years in FloriDuh. I guess he had naive Keys kid written all over him. The only thing he enjoyed more than getting his Masters, was leaving Brooklyn. Not disparaging your choices of course...

taxfree4
04-11-2023, 03:56 PM
Don’t underestimate NY thugs. My son lived and studied in Brooklyn for 3 years, Clinton Hill. During his brief stay in hell, he lost 2 bikes, got his truck damaged in a H&R, and lost 1000’s in videography equipment when thugs broke into his rental truck. Shit that never even got close to happening in his previous 25 years in FloriDuh. I guess he had naive Keys kid written all over him. The only thing he enjoyed more than getting his Masters, was leaving Brooklyn. Not disparaging your choices of course...

Hey, no one knows it's liberal $hithole more than me. Unfortunately, these crimes have not/are not prosecuted for the longest time so the thugs are more brazen, they know they'll be out, no bail, no charges. Soros' little puppets Alvin "the eggman" Bragg and Latesha "the Walrus" James couldn't prosecute the former lesbian, Mrs. DeBlasio, who made $800,000,000 disappear with no accounting where it went, however, they were able to go after a former president for a misdemeanor that expired. (BTW Barack Obama's presidential library costs $800,000,000-hmmm). People are fleeing this, like other one-party Democrat ratholes, at record speed...to Florida.

taxfree4
04-11-2023, 04:02 PM
BTW, not to start another thread, ordered the BT 46 Battleax rear tire for the front, should be in by Friday and on Saturday, hopefully.

KeyWasted
04-11-2023, 10:44 PM
Coincidentally, just replaced my front tire today. Installed a Bridgestone Exedra Max with 2oz of beads. Haven’t rolled it yet so can't comment on whether it resolved my front end shimmy when I let go of the bars. I’m headed north off the rock in a few days so I’ll get to wear the new off it. My rear car tire is excellent.

What keeps you in NY?

taxfree4
04-12-2023, 07:58 AM
Coincidentally, just replaced my front tire today. Installed a Bridgestone Exedra Max with 2oz of beads. Haven’t rolled it yet so can't comment on whether it resolved my front end shimmy when I let go go of the bars. I’m headed north off the rock in a few days so I’ll get to wear the new off it. My rear car tire is excellent.

What keeps you in NY?

I'm interested in seeing the difference, tire-wise, in having that rear tire on front. Since I put the Heli-bars on its pretty stable in the front as that crossbar really does the trick. What keeps me in NY in order of importance1. Grandkids in 2 different boroughs 2. My chapel (Traditional Latin Liturgy is scarce) 3.Business interests that I need to stay local 4. Location (on the water, JFK Airport is 10 minutes away, Knights of Columbus next door.

KeyWasted
04-12-2023, 11:03 AM
I'm interested in seeing the difference, tire-wise, in having that rear tire on front. Since I put the Heli-bars on its pretty stable in the front as that crossbar really does the trick. What keeps me in NY in order of importance1. Grandkids in 2 different boroughs 2. My chapel (Traditional Latin Liturgy is scarce) 3.Business interests that I need to stay local 4. Location (on the water, JFK Airport is 10 minutes away, Knights of Columbus next door.

My wife and I became grandparents for the first time 3 months ago. I can understand the draw of a grandchild now. Unfortunately, he’s in Connecticut and soon to be in New Jersey, so we can’t see him as often as we would like to, like daily. All others are perfectly reasonable, especially the chapel and the water.

taxfree4
04-12-2023, 04:32 PM
My wife and I became grandparents for the first time 3 months ago. I can understand the draw of a grandchild now. Unfortunately, he’s in Connecticut and soon to be in New Jersey, so we can’t see him as often as we would like to, like daily. All others are perfectly reasonable, especially the chapel and the water.

Congratulations, there is nothing like a little child calling you "grandpa". It completes everything in the circle of life. I gave him a remote control crane for Christmas, my son sent me the attached picture last week, he goes to bed with it right there every night, stick a fork in me I'm done.

willtill
04-12-2023, 05:25 PM
Congratulations, there is nothing like a little child calling you "grandpa". It completes everything in the circle of life. I gave him a remote control crane for Christmas, my son sent me the attached picture last week, he goes to bed with it right there every night, stick a fork in me I'm done.

Perfect. That kid has great dreams. :icon_wink:

KeyWasted
04-13-2023, 10:09 AM

Great pic! There’s still hope in the world. Too many kids go to bed with their iPad.

taxfree4
04-13-2023, 08:43 PM
Great pic! There’s still hope in the world. Too many kids go to bed with their iPad.

My son does not have a TV in his house, he refuses. No iPad just books. His wife does not like to go out to eat, they cook every night.

taxfree4
04-13-2023, 08:45 PM
Perfect. That kid has great dreams. :icon_wink:

His father is a boom crane operator so, hopefully, he'll follow in his footsteps.

KeyWasted
04-16-2023, 02:40 PM
Reminded me of your grandson.https://twitter.com/CitizenFreePres/status/1644872000664641537