PDA

View Full Version : Baby has a new stone, and shoes

taxfree4
04-22-2023, 10:26 AM
Had the BattleAx BT46 mounted today in the front. They said I needed new front brakes and they would do it without any extra labor cost so what the hell, might as well. Only did 10 miles on the tire because it looks like storms but headed to NJ on Monday and will get a real feel for them.

willtill
04-22-2023, 12:40 PM
! :8:

taxfree4
04-22-2023, 03:45 PM
Took a 20 mile ride, watching out for rain. Felt the usual i.e. sitting higher in the front, slight vibration in the Heli-bars, not much, but I'm sure once its broken in that'll go. Very stable, but I'll do the NJ run on Monday and touch back.

SpencerPJ
04-22-2023, 05:39 PM
Might double check cold tire pressure.

taxfree4
04-23-2023, 12:08 PM
Cold AP is right on the head 41 psi. My guess is its actually a rear tire, mounted reverse rotation, so it'll take a little while to smooth out.

BIGLRY
04-23-2023, 01:23 PM
Cold AP is right on the head 41 psi. My guess is its actually a rear tire, mounted reverse rotation, so it'll take a little while to smooth out.IMHO... I believe all MC tires should be run in the manufacture's recommended rotation due to the way the rubber is laid on during manufacturing. Nice read about MC tire construction https://www.rideapart.com/features/245511/everything-you-wanted-to-know-about-motorcycle-tires/#:~:text=Tires%20are%20built%20up%20in,use%20on%20 our%20favorite%20motorcycle. I do not have any problems with running a rear MC tire on the front and do it on my Runes(OEM Rune tires are not made any more, very difficult to find), but I always mount so rotating the tire is in the recommended direction.'gw-smiley'

taxfree4
04-23-2023, 01:39 PM
IMHO... I believe all MC tires should be run in the manufacture's recommended rotation due to the way the rubber is laid on during manufacturing. Nice read about MC tire construction https://www.rideapart.com/features/245511/everything-you-wanted-to-know-about-motorcycle-tires/#:~:text=Tires%20are%20built%20up%20in,use%20on%20 our%20favorite%20motorcycle. I do not have any problems with running a rear MC tire on the front and do it on my Runes(OEM Rune tires are not made any more, very difficult to find), but I always mount so rotating the tire is in the recommended direction.'gw-smiley'

Noted, I am banking on the asymmetrical pattern of the tire, especially centerline, where it is direction neutral as it would be identical if you turned it back the other way. As far as the sides the only difference I see is the profile is the little dangle off the square.

FarsideF6B
04-24-2023, 08:35 AM
Had the BattleAx BT46 mounted today in the front. They said I needed new front brakes and they would do it without any extra labor cost so what the hell, might as well. Only did 10 miles on the tire because it looks like storms but headed to NJ on Monday and will get a real feel for them.

Interesting, Looks kinda like my Bridgestone on the front but larger tread ctr good for rain. So is that a Michelin tire?

taxfree4
04-24-2023, 10:14 AM
Interesting, Looks kinda like my Bridgestone on the front but larger tread ctr good for rain. So is that a Michelin tire?

Its a Bridgestone. Took a 150 mile ride today, twists and turns on I-80 at 60-70 mph with no problem. No shimmy, drift or travel