PDA

View Full Version : Code 41

Sorcerer
04-29-2023, 04:01 PM
What in the world is code 41. Light came on in the rain. Pulled over put the bike in neutral, when I put the side stand down it killed the motor. Got the code 4 long 1 short.

tenxxx
04-29-2023, 06:57 PM
Got this from the internet when doing a search on code 41.
41 - Engine Operates Normally
GP sensor circuit malfunction
• Loose or poor contact of the GP sensor connector
• GP sensor or its circuit malfunction
• Engine operates normally

KeyWasted
04-29-2023, 07:46 PM
What in the world is code 41. Light came on in the rain. Pulled over put the bike in neutral, when I put the side stand down it killed the motor. Got the code 4 long 1 short.

Repair or replace your side stand kill switch. It’s malfunctioning.

Sorcerer
04-29-2023, 09:33 PM
In my search earlier I came across clutch switch, kick stand switch, gear position switch. I’ve had an issue with the clutch switch in the past but never got a warning light. So I’ve ordered both the clutch and side stand switches. Thanks all for the help.

Frye
05-04-2023, 10:40 PM
That's happened to me twice. Once 200 miles into a 350 mile ride in a hard rain. The bike restarted when I gave it a little throttle while hitting the start button. Problem disappeared by the time I got home and the bike dried out. It happened again a year or two later after washing it at a car wash. Problem was gone again when I got home. After a lot of looking and pondering I decided it might have been caused by water running down "crank or cam shaft position sensor wire" at the front of the engine. The wire runs into the top of a cover there at the front of the engine just behind the front wheel. I put black electrical sealant around the wire where it goes into the cover and the problem hasn't returned. Doesn't mean that fixed it but I hope it fixed it.

KeyWasted
05-07-2023, 10:09 AM
In my search earlier I came across clutch switch, kick stand switch, gear position switch. I’ve had an issue with the clutch switch in the past but never got a warning light. So I’ve ordered both the clutch and side stand switches. Thanks all for the help.

I’m interested to know the outcome.

Sorcerer
05-07-2023, 06:06 PM
I’m interested to know the outcome.

The saga continues. Bought both the kick stand switch and the clutch switch. Replaced the side stand switch Friday night. No joy. Today I pulled the right cluster apart and sprayed contact cleaner as best as I could get it in it. I will try taking the switch itself apart to clean it up properly. I may change out the clutch switch sense I already have the new one. My objective is to do one thing at a time so I’ll know what actually fixes the problem. Stay tuned.

Sorcerer
05-16-2023, 08:32 AM
So after flooding the starter switch with contact cleaner it been starting with no problems. I didn’t dare take the top off the starter switch so I must have gotten enough cleaner past the starter switch button to clean up the contacts. For good measure I replaced the clutch safety switch, inexpensive part that I had. Thanks all for your input.

willtill
05-16-2023, 09:19 AM
Only problem I would surmise in the future, is that any grease you had in the switch may have been washed out by the contact cleaner.