PDA

View Full Version : New RDL seat and Heli bars

Big Rick
05-09-2023, 02:13 PM
well its been a few thousand miles since I've installed them both, and I have to say, it was money well spent, they both make my riding experience so much more comfortable .
I had the seat first and that helped my butt on the longer rides, but it added extra height and distance from the bars, which already were uncomfortable , but after adding the Heli Bars...wow what a difference .
I installed the seat myself, really easy . I was reluctant to try to install the bars myself, even with the confidence of some of your advice on here, so I paid a buddy $60 and he installed them, he said it wasn't hard just a little tedious . I did sit and watch him work to keep him company, and after watching him, I was glad I paid him LOL.
My same buddy is going to install my Torq Loopz for me, and I am going to ask him to do the air filter too LOL hopefully he will be as cheap as the bars.

taxfree4
05-09-2023, 03:43 PM
The combination is the ultimate duo for maximum comfort. With so many variable positions in the Heli's you can dial in the perfect angle for optimal comfort. $60 is a steal, whatever he charges you for the air filter - pay it. You can't put a price on the dark journey to the abyss

Big Rick
05-09-2023, 06:19 PM
LOL yea I have seen videos and heard the horror stories, definitely not going to attempt the air filter

JackB
05-10-2023, 08:06 AM
Air filter change is not that bad. It just takes time.
I watch a YouTube video and do what they do.
But give yourself 3-4 hours.

willtill
05-10-2023, 05:22 PM
Air filter change is not that bad. It just takes time.
I watch a YouTube video and do what they do.
But give yourself 3-4 hours.

Concur.

taxfree4
05-11-2023, 02:20 PM
Its definitely doable, as I've done it but I equate it with pulling your own tooth - you can do it but its much less painlful if you pay someone else to do it.

BIGLRY
05-14-2023, 03:38 PM
Its definitely doable, as I've done it but I equate it with pulling your own tooth - you can do it but its much less painlful if you pay someone else to do it.+1:agree: