PDA

View Full Version : Go Cruise Adjustable Throttle Lock

bob109
05-18-2013, 05:58 AM
Go Cruise has just released a new throttle lock which incorporates a adjustable thumb screw, One size fits all. No need to worry about what size grip or bar diameter. They have a "Summer Special" which includes free shipping:icon_wink:

http://www.2wheelride.com/motorcycle%20throttle%20lock2.jpg

Texas TC
05-18-2013, 08:21 AM
Thanks for the link, I just ordered one. My original works great but I like the material used in the new version.

bob109
05-18-2013, 08:46 AM
Thanks for the link, I just ordered one. My original works great but I like the material used in the new version.

Tom:

Just ordered a black one this a.m. After reading your post showing the pic of the 1" Go Cruise with the wire tie, I was going to buy the 7/8" version. Opened their sight and found the new/improved aluminum version:icon_biggrin:

Bob S.

Texas TC
05-18-2013, 02:23 PM
I like the fact the new design is aluminum and that it is adjustable. Mine works great but the new design is really not that expensive to make the change.

Yeahoo Whoyah
05-19-2013, 02:13 AM
Good idea to ditch the old plastic and go to the new design from aluminum. I broke one of the plastic ones while spreading it out to remove it from the grip.

bob109
05-19-2013, 04:55 AM
Good idea to ditch the old plastic and go to the new design from aluminum. I broke one of the plastic ones while spreading it out to remove it from the grip.

They use T-6 Aluminum for the new version. I'm sure both the Chrome and Black versions are anodized making them "tough as nails":biggthumpup:

ghostrider
05-19-2013, 05:13 PM
Just ordered mine too. Thanks for the information. I had the oringinal too but I like the adjustment and it being made out of aluminum, should last a long time.

MNF6B
05-19-2013, 05:32 PM
Took a break from adding lower cowl lights to order this throttle lock. This should work great and the price is right.

Back to the lower cowl light project.

Steve 0080
05-19-2013, 07:27 PM
I can't seem to get the link to work.....

bob109
05-19-2013, 07:49 PM
I can't seem to get the link to work.....

Just do a Google for Go Cruise!

Texas TC
05-19-2013, 07:50 PM
I couldn't either until I went directly to the site. Try this it seems to work:

http://www.2wheelride.com/GoCruise_throttle%20control2.html

micky_foccer
05-19-2013, 08:17 PM
Check out throttlemeister before buying.

Steve 0080
05-19-2013, 09:17 PM
Thanks, I did Google and no love...ordered the black one!!!

MNF6B
05-19-2013, 11:08 PM
Check out throttlemeister before buying.

I like the look of the throttlemeister but it is not in the budget.

Texas TC
05-20-2013, 12:05 AM
I also looked at all the other types of throttle controls but I really like the simplicity and function of the Go Cruise.

gamersince1976
05-20-2013, 02:56 AM
I just got the plastic Go Cruise, and have tried it out once on the bike. And it works great. No complaints. Even blends in fairly well.

So of course I just ordered the new aluminum one.

I'm telling you - it's a disease!

bob109
05-20-2013, 05:44 AM
I just got the plastic Go Cruise, and have tried it out once on the bike. And it works great. No complaints. Even blends in fairly well.

So of course I just ordered the new aluminum one.

I'm telling you - it's a disease!

That's "Priceless":clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::icon_biggrin:

bob109
05-20-2013, 05:46 AM
I also looked at all the other types of throttle controls but I really like the simplicity and function of the Go Cruise.

2 X:cheers:

bob109
05-20-2013, 11:19 AM
Got a pleasant surprise this morning! My Go Cruise Aluminum arrived in the mail a day early:icon_biggrin:

I'm amazed at he superior quality and ease that the throttle lock installs. The Black Anodized finish is top notch and the small adjustment wheel has a spring indent to keep it from loosening. Whoever has the "patent" on this little gem is sitting on a gold mine IMHO.

Can't make a comparison to other throttle locks as this is my first after market device other than the CAT Silicon O-Ring which worked well but was less user friendly.

Sorry for the poor quality of the pics:icon_frown:

yellowskeeter1
05-20-2013, 02:31 PM
the plastic one works ok, but does loose tension slowly after you let go of the throttle. Thought about getting two rubber bands but after seeing this one its on order.

Yeahoo Whoyah
05-20-2013, 02:44 PM
CAT Silicon O-Ring

Bob109 that's really old Skool - you've gone modern with the the go-cruise! :yes:

Texas TC
05-20-2013, 03:19 PM
bob109 has faster postal service than I. Mine came at 3:00 today. Installation was a breeze and, like he said, it is top quality. My band was still good from my original plastic Go Cruise so I now have two spares that came with the new aluminum offering.

bob109
05-20-2013, 03:48 PM
Bob109 that's really old Skool - you've gone modern with the the go-cruise! :yes:

Gee,at 64, I think I am old Skool! Just can't remember for sure:icon_doh:

Wildracing22
05-20-2013, 06:41 PM
Great Post! Thanks, Just placed a order as well!

faz
05-21-2013, 02:29 PM
I have this one on my bikes http://www.omni-cruise.com/

bob109
05-21-2013, 02:47 PM
I have this one on my bikes http://www.omni-cruise.com/

It appears to be same concept as the Go Cruise:icon_wink:

Looks like it is well constructed and also uses a silicon grip band!

Thanks for sharing:icon_wink:

Bosman
05-21-2013, 03:15 PM
The Go Cruise may work, but don't you think it looks out of place on an F6B?

Texas TC
05-21-2013, 03:38 PM
The Go Cruise may work, but don't you think it looks out of place on an F6B?

Not really. The F6b is a sleek, basic, industrial looking mototcycle. The Go Cruise just adds to the mystique. Besides, it causes a lot of curious conversation. "Hey Bud, what the hell is that there thing on your handlebar?"

bob109
05-21-2013, 07:44 PM
"Hey Bud, what the hell is that there thing on your handlebar?"

Why hell! It's my "Hexogonalstelonoidcamsnapper":icon_wink:

Steve 0080
05-21-2013, 08:03 PM
WOW!!! That sounds like something Dr. Miles would say.......sorry, I could not stop myself miles......:moon:

Memphian
05-23-2013, 09:58 AM
Ordered the black one today. Can't wait to put this thing on my bike.

:icon_biggrin:

Mustangjake
05-29-2013, 12:29 PM
I've been looking for one for my f6b and because of you guys reviews
I bought the aluminum go cruise!

MNF6B
05-29-2013, 01:12 PM
Tested the Go Cruise Aluminum on my F6B w/ heated grips. It did not work to my satisfaction. Once set the speed would slowly bleed off. To stop this you would have to over tighten the thumb wheel to the point of not being able to set or change the position of the device. I have sent an email for a refund. I have not heard back yet. I have ordered the Throttlemeister.

Hope that works.
I will sell my Go Cruise to a forum member at a discount if I can't return this item.

Rich

ghostrider
05-29-2013, 02:00 PM
Tested the Go Cruise Aluminum on my F6B w/ heated grips. It did not work to my satisfaction. Once set the speed would slowly bleed off. To stop this you would have to over tighten the thumb wheel to the point of not being able to set or change the position of the device. I have sent an email for a refund. I have not heard back yet. I have ordered the Throttlemeister.

Hope that works.
I will sell my Go Cruise to a forum member at a discount if I can't return this item.

Rich

Hmmmm, I'm surprised you are having trouble with it. Mine seem to have a large adjustment area between too loose and too tight. You would think there would be a sweet spot in there some where with almost an infinite number of adjustments between the two. Did you use the rubber band?
According to TCs picture I have mine installed upside down and it still works great. :banghead:

MNF6B
05-29-2013, 03:31 PM
Hmmmm, I'm surprised you are having trouble with it. Mine seem to have a large adjustment area between too loose and too tight. You would think there would be a sweet spot in there some where with almost an infinite number of adjustments between the two. Did you use the rubber band?
According to TCs picture I have mine installed upside down and it still works great. :banghead:

I tried both "O" rings and no "O" rings and had the same result. When I got to the point of trying to fine tune it at speed, I said that was it. I will let you know my Throttlemeister results as I get them.

Rich

bob109
05-29-2013, 03:35 PM
It's all in the adjustment!

Best place to start is with the bike shutdown and on the side stand. Make sure you have installed the silicon band and clean it of any hand oils. A small alcohol wipe works great. Do the same for the contact points on the aluminum frame.

Set the initial tension so the GC is snug and takes a bit of effort to turn with you finger. Twist you throttle and set the GC and observe if the throttle wants to return to the idle position. Repeat the procedure fine tuning the thumb wheel until all return movement is stopped.

I did this procedure several times while the bike was parked. Had the bike out on the inter state and it worked like a charm.

MichaelG
05-29-2013, 04:16 PM
WOW!!! That sounds like something Dr. Miles would say.......sorry, I could not stop myself miles......:moon:

Steve, that is cool. Before I read your quip, I read the post from Bob..."It's my "Hexogonalstelonoidcamsnapper", and I thought...that is a very cool word, and I need to ask Bob if I can use it sometime. Then I read Steve's post, and hey...I haven't been called Dr. for a long time. Spent 26 years with NRC being called Dr., and I am happy that I am retired. I think Bob has one over on me when he can make words like that.:shock:

bob109
05-29-2013, 07:45 PM
Steve, that is cool. Before I read your quip, I read the post from Bob..."It's my "Hexogonalstelonoidcamsnapper", and I thought...that is a very cool word, and I need to ask Bob if I can use it sometime. Then I read Steve's post, and hey...I haven't been called Dr. for a long time. Spent 26 years with NRC being called Dr., and I am happy that I am retired. I think Bob has one over on me when he can make words like that.:shock:

Doc:

I shortened that word up! It's actually "Hexogonalinvertedstelonoidcamsnapper":icon_wink: You can find them near the "Elbow Grease at Home Depot or Lowe's:icon_biggrin: And, yes you can use it any way you see fit or unfit:icon_rolleyes:

Bob

MichaelG
05-30-2013, 08:07 AM
Doc:

I shortened that word up! It's actually "Hexogonalinvertedstelonoidcamsnapper":icon_wink: You can find them near the "Elbow Grease at Home Depot or Lowe's:icon_biggrin: And, yes you can use it any way you see fit or unfit:icon_rolleyes:

Bob

Thanks Bob, I thought there was something...inverted...about that:icon_rolleyes:

Alberta Beagle
05-30-2013, 11:28 AM
I guess I have to go with a Throttlemeister since Go Cruise will not ship to Canada!!!!! :shock:

MichaelG
05-30-2013, 11:39 AM
I guess I have to go with a Throttlemeister since Go Cruise will not ship to Canada!!!!! :shock:

AB, if you really want one, let me buy it for you, and I will send it up to you. Really !

Fla_rider
07-29-2014, 11:33 AM
Just ordered mine for the Rally trip.:clap2:

Scotrod
07-29-2014, 12:41 PM
This thread is over a year old,,, I sure hope you ordered the LATEST model?!?!?! :poke: :stirthepot:

Fla_rider
07-29-2014, 09:07 PM
Yeah I'm a little slow so my wife says!:moon:

No Handle Sam
08-11-2015, 01:23 PM
For what it is worth… I have discovered that you can indeed use the original Vista Cruise throttle lock (part number MCVICO) on the F6B. Even though the company that makes them (SOR) says that they don't make a throttle lock for the F6. You just have to have the correct distance between the grip and the switch housing.

98valk
08-11-2015, 03:49 PM
For what it is worth… I have discovered that you can indeed use the original Vista Cruise throttle lock (part number MCVICO) on the F6B. Even though the company that makes them (SOR) says that they don't make a throttle lock for the F6. You just have to have the correct distance between the grip and the switch housing.

Yep! I have one on my F6, too. I think they are the easiest most natural throttle lock out there (and a % of a brakeaway). It could just be because I've been using these for almost 40 years! :yikes:

Ridlikhel
08-11-2015, 07:09 PM
Black one heading to Nashville. Thanks for the post.

vstar09
08-11-2015, 07:44 PM
Allways been a fan of Vista Throttle lock.....where did you get it and what bike is it made for?

98valk
08-11-2015, 08:07 PM
Okay, I think this thread is officially hijacked ... sooooo ...

This is where I got mine ($21):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Sound-Off-Recreational-MCVICO-Vista-Cruise-Control-Throttle-Lock-/370988145971?hash=item56609ddd33&vxp=mtr

Once installed, it works great. But, there are two problems.

The "hole" that clamps over our throttle sleeve has to be inlarged a bit. I used a small sanding drum and did it a bit at a time. Pretty easy.

The other problem is sliding back the grip. It is too tight without moving the grip back. If you have heated grips, I doubt that you can move it without damaging the grip.

The nice thing is that "U" shaped part that locks into our throttle housing fits perfectly! No gerry-rigging necessary.

So, widen the hole, move the grip back and it works. I really like the easy on/off. Good luck!