PDA

View Full Version : The MC Cruise unit install

terryboyle
07-23-2023, 07:14 PM
After piling on plenty of miles I am finally fed up with not having cruise control on my 2014 F6B. Getting a newer model is not in the cards.
Is there anyone who knows of a shop in the Greater Toronto Area (Ontario, Canada) that would be up to the task.
I doubt my regular Honda dealer would take the job on.

I don't mind driving a few hours to get to a capable shop if that's what it takes .

Thanks
Terry

taxfree4
07-24-2023, 06:34 PM
After piling on plenty of miles I am finally fed up with not having cruise control on my 2014 F6B. Getting a newer model is not in the cards.
Is there anyone who knows of a shop in the Greater Toronto Area (Ontario, Canada) that would be up to the task.
I doubt my regular Honda dealer would take the job on.

I don't mind driving a few hours to get to a capable shop if that's what it takes .

Thanks
Terry

Terry,

My 2013 didn't come with cruise but after trying a couple of units the one I found the best was the KAOKO. Simple, inexpensive and it works. If you don't have success, or want to try an alternative to an installed unit its an option.

terryboyle
07-25-2023, 10:49 AM
Terry,

My 2013 didn't come with cruise but after trying a couple of units the one I found the best was the KAOKO. Simple, inexpensive and it works. If you don't have success, or want to try an alternative to an installed unit its an option.

Thanks taxfree4, I have been considering the Kaoko and the Throttlemeister if I can't find a place to get an -------- unit installed. My aim is to just maintain a steady speed. When I hit the twisties I keep adding throttle on the exit and the next thing I know I'm over the posted limit - not stupid over but eligible for a performance award. I was in northern reaches of your fine state last week enjoying the scenery and roads and cannot count the number of times I looked down and saw I was over the posted number.

terryboyle
07-25-2023, 05:40 PM
Tragedy alert - apparently Throttlemeister is no longer in business. If anyone here has them for sale please let me know.

rdbonds
07-26-2023, 02:38 PM
Rostra is another, cheaper electronic cruise control that works well. I've installed 3 of them, and each works flawlessly. I'm sorry, but I can't recommend an installer local to your area though.

terryboyle
07-28-2023, 12:34 PM
Rostra is another, cheaper electronic cruise control that works well. I've installed 3 of them, and each works flawlessly. I'm sorry, but I can't recommend an installer local to your area though.

Thanks for the idea, I have looked it up and it seems like a great unit - I don't have the skills to manage it myself.

DaWadd
07-29-2023, 07:27 AM
BrakeAway makes a nice throttle lock.