PDA

View Full Version : Throttlemeister gurus

hiflyer
12-26-2013, 05:56 PM
I was getting ready to install a throttlemeister my wife got me, she said she told them at the dealership it was for an F6B but the box is clearly marked ST1300. It's afterhours so I can't call anyone there. So I ask you, is the F6B and the ST1300 the same unit? I really would like to put it on tonight. Thanks.

motozeke
12-26-2013, 05:59 PM
You may be in luck. The part numbers for the F6B and the ST1300 are the same (FT & AHR4 for non-heated grips, FT & AHR5 for heated grips).

hiflyer
12-26-2013, 06:53 PM
Thanks moto!

av8rdave
12-27-2013, 12:42 PM
When it arrived, I was initially worried because the box and instructions both has ST-1300 stamped on them.

They must be identical bars (on the handgrip ends, at least), because it installed in just a few minutes with no problems whatsoever.

The TM works great!

Blotar
01-23-2014, 10:17 PM
Well, true to form, I tend to overthink anything new. Got a new throttlemeister throttle lock today and had a heck of a time figuring out where everything went. After I got my feet wet and got started, piece of cake and it looks great! Now my old arthiritis can get a break from the throttle when I need to.
Blotar

Scotrod
01-23-2014, 10:33 PM
Must be something in the air regarding throttle locks,,,,

I had no real complaints with my $20 Go-Cruise, but wanted something ~ nicer~ (?)

I installed a Kaoko this evening.

Opted for Kaoko over T-meister due to the raised knurls. EZ to drag outside edge of palm over to set while holding throttle stationary w/ thumb/finger.

Installation:

Removing the inside bar weight was the ~toughest~ part. Not bad if you read up on it and know what needs to be done.

Installing the Kaoko after the inner weight is removed is EZ.

(2) different sized collars come with the unit. Slide the larger of the two onto the Kaoko , slide assembly into bar. Tighten.

F6B-RICH
01-23-2014, 11:48 PM
Well, true to form, I tend to overthink anything new. Got a new throttlemeister throttle lock today and had a heck of a time figuring out where everything went. After I got my feet wet and got started, piece of cake and it looks great! Now my old arthiritis can get a break from the throttle when I need to.
Blotar

+1 :yes: Piece of cake to install and looks good .batman-smilie.

Scotrod
01-24-2014, 08:48 AM
Hey you T-meister guys (and gals)!!! How about some pics!?!? There's several different 'styles' of T-meisters and folks are going to want to see 'em installed!!! :yes: