PDA

View Full Version : Fault codes

jm21ddd15
10-01-2023, 08:26 PM
So my F6 left me stranded today 55 miles from home. Stopped for a soda, but when I went to start it, the bike won't do anything. No lights, won't crank, nothing. Dashboard is blank. Had to get my trailer and tow it home. I have the big service manual, but cannot locate info on service codes, or how to read them. Anyone got any help? Sure hate to take it to a dealer.

Sorcerer
10-01-2023, 10:15 PM
Main fuse or a dead battery. Left side panel for both.

jm21ddd15
10-02-2023, 03:42 PM
Ya, those 2 checks have been made. Both okay. I just gotta figure out how access the fault codes. I figure its either a sensor or ignition switch. Bike has 91000 miles now. I replaced the CPS about 10K agoo. But when that goes out, the bike will crank, but not fire. This fault the bike don;t crank.

Phantom
10-02-2023, 08:53 PM
This maynot be your issue however, I once accidentally hit the on/off dial on top of the right side cluster (Front Brake) and switched it to off. It happens.

One time on a riding trip during a fuel stop, I decided to play a joke on one of my close friends who went inside to relieve himself. I turned the switch off on his Goldwing. We were in the middle of nowhere, when he returned to his bike, he could not get it to start. He was freaking out for 5 minutes ... didn't know how to return home. I made a bet with him that for $20.00 I could use my connection with the Honda Gods and have the bike running. After the $20 was in hand ... the bike started..... :crackup::clap2::nutkick: