PDA

View Full Version : ADJUSTABLE HAND WINGS

thunder217
12-27-2013, 10:01 AM
Has anyone used the adjustable hand wings on the F6B yet. I rode in 28 degree temps on Christmas day and the only things that were frozen were my hands in gloves. Do these things work on the F6B and what do they look like. :shock:

Deer Slayer
12-27-2013, 10:25 AM
Has anyone used the adjustable hand wings on the F6B yet. I rode in 28 degree temps on Christmas day and the only things that were frozen were my hands in gloves. Do these things work on the F6B and what do they look like. :shock:

Love my Baker Wings. Really helps with air at hands. :biggthumpup: Bakers come in dark or clear. They rotate from the bottom of the mirrors. Look on Wing Stuff..

F6BPDX
12-27-2013, 12:16 PM
I have had mine installed for a little over a week now and they are fantastic. I bought the dark tint, they look like they could have come with the bike to me. Prior to getting the Baker Hand Wings my heated grips all the way on full blast didn't even feel slightly warm once the temps dipped to the low 30's. This morning I rode in at 33 degrees with the grips on medium and everything was peachy.

hiflyer
12-27-2013, 01:25 PM
I have had mine installed for a little over a week now and they are fantastic. I bought the dark tint, they look like they could have come with the bike to me. Prior to getting the Baker Hand Wings my heated grips all the way on full blast didn't even feel slightly warm once the temps dipped to the low 30's. This morning I rode in at 33 degrees with the grips on medium and everything was peachy.

What he said. I have to think they will also be great in warm temps. this summer, directing air towards the rider. I bought my bike in September. I have no idea how hot, or not, the F6B is in high temperatures. So far one of the best accessories I have ever bought.

Scotrod
12-27-2013, 01:44 PM
I have to think they will also be great in warm temps. this summer, directing air towards the rider. I bought my bike in September. I have no idea how hot, or not, the F6B is in high temperatures.

It's ~warm~ regarding your chest area if you have a taller shield... Yes, the wings do help with that. :icon_biggrin:

Also moves air under/across your arms/wrists in Summer. I have the National Cycle version.

FlaMike
12-27-2013, 02:13 PM
What everybody else said. :yes:

Got dark tint Baker's and they work great @ keeping a fair amount of wind off hands & upper body.

hiflyer
12-27-2013, 02:40 PM
It's ~warm~ regarding your chest area if you have a taller shield... Yes, the wings do help with that. :icon_biggrin:

Also moves air under/across your arms/wrists in Summer. I have the National Cycle version.

So between these, and my adjustable Madstad, I should be good to go when it gets hot!

NCF6B
12-27-2013, 03:18 PM
Just to add: I have used both the Baker hand wings and wings with lowers. Spoke with Baker before ordering. They said that the same wings that work on the GL 1800 will work on the F6B. Definitely reduces wind. I also just got First Gear heated glove liners and will try out soon. Got both from Wingstuff. Hoping the liners will work with my heated jacket. will keep you posted. hope this helps! ncf6b

Wmorgan2k
12-27-2013, 04:13 PM
I just choose not to ride in 30 degree weather :icon_LOL: i've actually had several sets of these and they really work as advertised I highly recommend them. Me personally I have my Victory Vision as well so when it's really cold I just ride that if i have to. I like the F6 for just that, more wind, more free feeling, it's nice to have two bikes :biggthumpup:

Scotrod
12-27-2013, 04:21 PM
So between these, and my adjustable Madstad, I should be good to go when it gets hot!

I recently got the Madstad. Had the wings for a little while before,,,

Been working w/Madstad regarding a little helmet flutter I can't seem to get rid of unless I fully close the wings,,, Actually planning on removing the wings this weekend to see what difference it makes. :shrug:

Need a wind tunnel to see which way every little bit of wind is moving. Wouldn't surprise me if the summer and winter combinations may require 'different approach's'

In winter, the mirror wings by themselves are excellent for keeping the wind off your hands and also for assisting to keep some wind off your knees/legs.

Not so sure I want to ride w/o them in the winter now that I know how much I like 'em!!! LOL!!!

Steve 0080
12-27-2013, 04:29 PM
I have the Tulsa wings...nonadjustable, in dark smoke.... I have had both... it is nice to be able to adjust them....

MichaelG
12-27-2013, 04:35 PM
I have the Tulsa wings...nonadjustable, in dark smoke....

Ditto....+1

"coffee"

Darkknight
12-29-2013, 06:33 AM
After a 22 degree Christmas Day ride I ordered my Baker Hand Wings. We'll see how they work out!:icon_lol:

motozeke
12-29-2013, 11:49 AM
Do I get that they work in winter, but how about summer? Can you use them to get more airflow on your torso?

Wmorgan2k
12-29-2013, 07:16 PM
Yes they are adjustable enough to throw some air around the handlebars and on you. You can turn them quite a bit. if you want more get the side wings as well and you can adjust the airflow anyway you want. I like the air coming in the 6 its a more free open riding experience. I have a full faired Victory Vision so when it's too cold I just ride that lol

Fla_rider
04-07-2014, 07:24 PM
Where's the pics guys?