PDA

View Full Version : Hear Ye, Hear Ye, Hear Ye....

taxfree4
12-21-2023, 09:32 AM
This is the announcement that men, dressed as the town crier, used to yell at every corner all over Ghent, Belgium when my priest, who is now deceased, was a youngster. As a side note he was a battlefield medic for 4 years with the Belgian Army and was taken prisoner at Dunkirk and sent to a Nazi prison camp, where he escaped. Went on to obtain a triple doctorate from Louvain and finished his studies 2 years early and was given a special ordination from Pope Pius XII being the youngest priest in the world at the time.

"Merry Christmas
Today is the Feast of the Nativity
The human birthday of the Eternal God
God the Son, Second Person of the Most Blessed Trinity
Lord and Savior of the World
Son of the ever Virgin Mary
Foster child of blessed Joseph of the
Royal House of David
JESUS CHRIST
Praised be His name forever"

That about sums it up

BIGLRY
12-21-2023, 02:02 PM
'StNick" Blessings to all and to all a great new year.
:icon_tree:

jm21ddd15
12-22-2023, 08:32 AM
Great read! Merry Christmas to you!

taxfree4
12-22-2023, 07:15 PM
'StNick" Blessings to all and to all a great new year.
:icon_tree:

Larry, I hope Mimi has a reindeer outfit

taxfree4
12-22-2023, 07:18 PM
Great read! Merry Christmas to you!

Merry Christmas, BTW, Menomonie is my #2 all time favorite names for a city, Temecula being #1. If I visit it on my way to Alaska this year that may change.

FarsideF6B
12-26-2023, 09:37 PM
It was a nice read and great memories to hold on to with of your priest. I had a nice Christmas and looking forward to a Happy New Year for 2024. Moving from the Pan-handle of Florida to South Georgia. Life will be slowing down as I'll be 65 and retired by this time next year. I'm looking forward to making several trips on the bike for years to come.
I hope all had a Great Christmas to remember and looking forward to a Happy New Year too! :cheers:

taxfree4
12-27-2023, 08:41 AM
It was a nice read and great memories to hold on to with of your priest. I had a nice Christmas and looking forward to a Happy New Year for 2024. Moving from the Pan-handle of Florida to South Georgia. Life will be slowing down as I'll be 65 and retired by this time next year. I'm looking forward to making several trips on the bike for years to come.
I hope all had a Great Christmas to remember and looking forward to a Happy New Year too! :cheers:

Good luck with the move and, more importantly, your retirement. Retirement, like accessories on the bike, is a gift we give ourselves.