PDA

View Full Version : Matte Paint Safe?

KeyWasted
12-26-2023, 12:08 AM
Is this safe to use on matte paint?9101

JackB
12-26-2023, 07:07 AM
I believe it is I use it on my helmet. Try it in a spot you don’t see.

KeyWasted
12-26-2023, 10:27 AM
I appreciate the responses. I have matte specific cleaner that I’ll keep using instead of this product as there are too many variables and the last thing I want to do is screw up my paint. I’ll save this polish for use on my other vehicles. BTW, I called and posed the question to a Honda Powersports rep. He spent most of the call asking me for personal details and in the end referred me to the owner's manual.

F6Dave
12-30-2023, 09:02 AM
When I bought my 2016 in matte white, I researched matte safe cleaners before the first wash. There are plenty available, but most had to be ordered online. The Meguire's website said a few of their products are matte safe, including their Ultimate Quik Detailer. I bought some at Wal Mart, and have had good results. It doesn't add any gloss to the finish that I've noticed. The bike still looks great except for a few chips that are very difficult to repair on matte paint. One area that has picked up a slight glossy appearance is the saddlebag lids, which is due to being pressed closed hundreds of times.

jm21ddd15
12-31-2023, 07:48 PM
Soap and warm water, with a micro fiber cloth, and some TLC works. We purchased the Matte finish because we don't want our ride to sparkle. Just look clean.