PDA

View Full Version : Something happened on my ride home today

hiflyer
12-27-2013, 09:01 PM
That has me scratching my head. Kinda pissed about it too. So I'm sitting at a red light being more vigilante about what's happening behind me after seeing the video of the guy jumping off his bike just before it gets rear ended, and I see a white car coming up from behind at a pretty good clip. I am in the inside lane, but not the turn lane, and there are cars stopped to my left and right, in front and behind. The left turn signal goes green, and this guy lays on his horn and pulls up beside me and two young dudes flip me off then tear out. Is this what society has come to? Do they not like Hondas? Are they telling me I should have bought the red one? Or, are they just a couple of low lifes who are pretty tough when they are in a car and can escape. Amazing.

chipmaker
12-27-2013, 09:13 PM
Just assholes. But they may know something about the red ones...

Scotrod
12-27-2013, 09:51 PM
I always figure they must have mistaken me for someone else.... :icon_biggrin:

(The alternative of trying to understand/explain "why?" will only lead to self-induced insanity!)

Steve 0080
12-27-2013, 10:01 PM
I usually chalk it up to jealousy !!! but then again, maybe they heard of ya..... :stirthepot:

Philbert40
12-27-2013, 10:40 PM
Reach in my pocket...remove handgun...point at low lifes....and watch them pee their pants!!:068:

hiflyer
12-27-2013, 10:46 PM
Reach in my pocket...remove handgun...point at low lifes....and watch them pee their pants!!:068:

As a concealed HG permit holder, that's exactly what happened 15 years ago in Austin TX when 3 guys tried to take my Electra Glide away from me in the hotel parking lot. They took off, and I loaded up my stuff and checked out. I didn't want them getting down the road and realizing 3 guns were better than one.

bobbyf6b
12-27-2013, 10:59 PM
Sounds like a random act of dumbness. Don't sweat it.

motozeke
12-27-2013, 11:44 PM
Clearly they bought full Wings before the F6B came out. Some folks just can't let it go.

Paul B Blues
12-28-2013, 01:34 PM
I know how you feel man. A couple of years ago I was sitting at the lights on my Rune, a load of school kids went past and all of a sudden a young girls voice shouts out "You think your so f*****g cool don't you." Beneath my helmet I was smiling, because I DID think I was f*****g cool 'all/right' Jealousy is a terrible thing.

mavorik
12-28-2013, 03:26 PM
I found myself at the restraint of a rider years ago as well, simply because of attemting to get the attention of a FJR1300 that had been updated apx 5 years ago

I now am totally aware of the initial feeling of our safety concerns when followed or suddenly gestured to stop, my mistake totally being a Yankee and free spirited

Anthony

mtcgun
12-28-2013, 06:24 PM

Their response: "911: yea this crazy guy on a motorcycle pointed a gun at us at a stop light for no reason" ... whos goin to jail?

Ericb445
12-29-2013, 07:55 PM
This is too funny. Because I just had a guy sitting at light next me honk and roll the window down, to tell me I need to buy a "real" bike :nono:
I laughed at him and told him he should buy a "real" Jeep. He was in a Honda CRV with the biggest Harley sticker I had ever seen, on the rear window.

timjoebob
12-29-2013, 08:49 PM
Was that YOU I honked at?!?

In all seriousness, "Yes", this is what the world has come to. The world has gotten worse and will continue to get worse.

bobbyf6b
12-29-2013, 11:43 PM
This is too funny. Because I just had a guy sitting at light next me honk and roll the window down, to tell me I need to buy a "real" bike :nono:
I laughed at him and told him he should buy a "real" Jeep. He was in a Honda CRV with the biggest Harley sticker I had ever seen, on the rear window.

That's priceless. A guy driving a Honda telling a guy riding a Honda to get something "real". :icon_doh:

Ebony Deluxe
12-30-2013, 08:32 AM
Most of these schmucks have always drove Japanese imports, or Japanese dirtbikes, and so blind to the fact that most of their HD parts, and all of the accessories, and apparel are not made in the US. Weekend warriors, and Sons of Anarchy wannabes.