PDA

View Full Version : kury glove box cubby

GONRDN
12-29-2013, 05:08 PM
I'm interested in this for the center glove box. I know some have it. Are those little covers on the side plastic or rubber? And can I get under them without unlocking the key lock. Thanks.

Texas TC
12-29-2013, 05:48 PM
They are rubber and can be removed without taking off the cover.

MichaelG
12-29-2013, 05:55 PM
I'm interested in this for the center glove box. I know some have it. Are those little covers on the side plastic or rubber? And can I get under them without unlocking the key lock. Thanks.

And....more importantly...this Kuryakyn cubby box is NOW available in BLACK. www.wingstuff.com

"coffee"

GONRDN
12-29-2013, 07:02 PM
Thanks guys!!

Wmorgan2k
12-29-2013, 07:14 PM
yea of course they offer it in black right after I buy the freakin chrome one!!! AHHH..

I really like mine. I keep cigar stuff in there and usually drop my phone in the cup holder, very convenient and you don't need the key to access any of it!

4DI2D
12-29-2013, 08:56 PM
Saw the chrome Kury one and 86'd the idea because I hate sun reflections. Figure I'll take a hole saw to the stock one and save the money.

bobbyf6b
12-29-2013, 09:32 PM
I covered my chrome one with carbon fiber vinyl. Love it now.

Wmorgan2k
12-30-2013, 11:53 AM
Saw the chrome Kury one and 86'd the idea because I hate sun reflections. Figure I'll take a hole saw to the stock one and save the money.

Normally I'm one for letting people do there own thing but occasionally feel the need to open my big mouth and say something when I feel someone is about to do something stupid... This feels like one of those times.. Please don't do something like that to a nice bike like the 6... We'll start a paypal donation to pick you up a nice black Kury one :icon_mrgreen:

GONRDN
12-30-2013, 01:28 PM
Thanks to all. Ordered the black one.

mtcgun
12-31-2013, 11:53 AM
a can of black plasti-dip will fix that chrome one right up.

Steve 0080
12-31-2013, 12:52 PM
Hole saw...... hold on I am about to faint...... :shock:

1951vbs
12-31-2013, 01:04 PM
Hole saw...... hold on I am about to faint...... :shock:

Yep. Just go down to West Marine and get a black plastic cup holder for a boat $9.99

But not for me, I will be getting the Kury unit for mine as soon as I relocate my GPS which currently resides on the cubby cover.

Scotrod
12-31-2013, 02:02 PM
No can do on the cubby cover,, I need to keep a hat handy to contain my helmet hair! :yikes:

JesseS
01-02-2014, 10:08 PM
No can do on the cubby cover,, I need to keep a hat handy to contain my helmet hair! :yikes:

OK, now that's funny, why?, because I keep my hat in there also. Even with a Doo-Rag I end up with sweaty 'helmet hair' and need to grab a hat as soon as the helmet comes off.

NCF6B
02-03-2014, 04:21 PM
can anyone tell me how to remove the OEM box to fit the kuryakyn box in? thanks

hiflyer
02-03-2014, 05:56 PM

I haven't had to worry about helmet hair for about 20 years. Now if I could do something about those helmet pad marks on my head, I'd be set.

GONRDN
02-03-2014, 06:14 PM
can anyone tell me how to remove the OEM box to fit the kuryakyn box in? thanks

Nothing is removed besides the top cover, the box fits right in then the new cover goes over that.

NCF6B
02-03-2014, 08:16 PM
Thanks, really appreciate it.

Kevbuckley333
07-24-2014, 02:00 AM
Hello,

I was looking at this accessory and was wondering if it would be possible to make the little side covers a more permanent addition to the cubby. I would like to mount a ram ball on the right hand side cover for my iphone-as-a-gps and a tpms to the top of the left side. I would then like to then secure the covers so they could only be removed with the key. Would this arrangement be possible? Would the covers be able to support the weight of an iphone on the end of a ram ball arm? It's hard to tell from the descriptions and pictures online... Thanks.

Steve 0080
07-24-2014, 08:02 AM
I haven't had to worry about helmet hair for about 20 years. Now if I could do something about those helmet pad marks on my head, I'd be set.

I use a helmet liner from Wing Stuff...about 12-15 $$$

Steve 0080
07-24-2014, 08:07 AM
I would think there would be more options for a touring oriented rig like the GL platform but...
There are handle bar mounts but I like things a little more centered so I mounted my GPS cradle to the glove box. Wiring is hidden nicely too. I bought an extra cover for $30 but like the gps. I plan on velcro holding my waterproof phone case on the right side fairing when I go on trips.
Click image for larger version.

Several have put a ram mount on the cubby, some have bought and extra just to use with a GPS.... ooopps...pics did not come...hang on...

SmallPasture
07-24-2014, 09:28 AM

Try tucking your hat down your back between your belt. Opens up the glove/cubby. :shrug:

Kevbuckley333
07-24-2014, 09:48 AM
I would think there would be more options for a touring oriented rig like the GL platform but...
There are handle bar mounts but I like things a little more centered so I mounted my GPS cradle to the glove box. Wiring is hidden nicely too. I bought an extra cover for $30 but like the gps. I plan on velcro holding my waterproof phone case on the right side fairing when I go on trips.
Click image for larger version.

Several have put a ram mount on the cubby, some have bought and extra just to use with a GPS.... ooopps...pics did not come...hang on...

I can tell that I could mount to the OEM cover, but want the drink holder and like the idea that I could insert/remove one accessory at a time with the small covers on the kuryakyn cubby, just can't tell if the accessory is strong enough to support my intended usage.

CheckpointChcky
07-24-2014, 11:55 AM
I just removed mine in favor of going back to the original glove box. I just needed something with more storage room than the cubby offered. I am getting another drink holder to take the place of the one that was in the cubby. I'll still use the cubby some times but I like the glove box better now.

Fla_rider
07-24-2014, 12:01 PM
I have the gloss black one, I don't use it. Been on the bike for maybe 3 days. I think it runs $70+, I'll sell mine for $45 plus shipping. Here is a pic.

CheckpointChcky
07-24-2014, 03:02 PM
I also just bought one of those three-holer plus a USB port accessories which I think I will install in my glove box now. At least it seems there will be room for it in there as opposed to the left pocket.

fxdl2051
07-26-2014, 06:53 PM
Sent my Kury cubby back, just didn't like the looks and the rubber pop outs were hard to get at,rendering it 66 % useless to me. So to get around the lock on the cubby, I just cut down a key, stuck it under a Radio Shack radio knob and added a velcro hinge for instant access to the cubby/water bottle while riding. Works great and keeps the profile of the tank clean (too many years on Harley's, it's gotta look good to me).
Special thanks to the guy who posted this mod, it works great!

powercruzer13
07-26-2014, 08:20 PM
Bought the black Kury cubby. Like the pockets & the drink holder, hate the cheesy ass cover. Fits terribly loose definitely won't seal moisture worth a crap.
Soooo.... I hacked a 3 1/8 hole {drink holder size} in the stock cover & even though I still need to find something to finish dress the hole it still looks better than the Cheesy-akyn rig. :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

My camera has conked out, but I'll post some pics soon.