PDA

View Full Version : Milwaukee heated gear

hiflyer
12-30-2013, 01:10 PM
Milwaukee has some heated gear that is powered by the same battery that runs it's tools. Might be of some interest to those who don't like cords.

Heated Jackets
Durable carbon fiber heating elements: Distribute heat to core body area and pockets
3 heat settings: Adjustable by zone to provide the right amount of heat to the hands, core and upper back
Water/Wind Resistant: Internal storm flap and thermal knit fleece inner lining keep the weather out, and heat in
Versatile battery holder: Features a battery fuel gauge and built-in USB port to charge phones and other portable electronics

The ad I clicked on says battery life is about 6 hours. I would have to have an extra battery (or two) to use this type. My Gerbings have never failed me though. (Now where did I put that wood???)

JesseS
01-02-2014, 10:11 PM
No cord??, it has to plug in to the batters with one. I love my 1st Gear heated gear, besides, with 1400 watts of alternator power its not a problem.

Texas TC
01-02-2014, 10:21 PM
I have rode through rain snow sleet and hail with my Gerbings heated jacket and gloves. Never failed me and never had power issues with either of my Goldwings or Harley's. Bought this gear when my granddaughter was born to ride to the hospital 300 miles from home on a cold night in Texas. She will be 12 in February and she and the Gerbings gear are still great.

I guess a seperate battery would be useful if we did not have such good charging systems but I think I will stick with what I have.

Thanks for sharing the source though. :icon_biggrin:

hiflyer
01-03-2014, 08:37 AM
No cord??, it has to plug in to the batters with one. I love my 1st Gear heated gear, besides, with 1400 watts of alternator power its not a problem.

What I was referring to is the battery fits in a pocket on the jacket, so no "plug in" to the bike. I will continue to use my Gerbings which were bought in the '90's I think. They have continued to perform, even when I have forgotten them when dismounting, only to full the "jerk" as they unplugged themselves from the bike. Just posted as an alternative. Would certainly be useful watching or working outdoors.