PDA

View Full Version : Highway pegs: Suggestions for a 5-10 rider with 32 inch inseam?

Lucas
12-31-2013, 05:22 AM
Guys-
The F6B almost fits me. (The Helibars made a huge difference.) Who has any suggestions for black highway pegs? Something finished with black powder coat would likely be best... Any input?
Thank you!
Lucas in Phoenix, Arizona

Darkknight
12-31-2013, 08:16 AM
I'm 5'10" 225 lbs and 30-32 inseam.
I love the Rivco pegs.
I tried to reduce the chrome footprint on this bike and these pegs mount to the engine where the chrome "Honda" strip is. Installation is easy and they are adjustable and stealthy in that, unless you know about them you probably won't see them if they are closed.
The down side is the coating on mine is a little purple-ish. If you look at the thread about the Ultimate seat you will see a picture of my bike with the Rivco pegs installed. In the picture it looks black. Holding them in your hand they look black. But my set is just a little different color black than the black on my bike. I'm REALLY fussy about things so I notice things that might not matter to others. The Design and quality of these pegs are SWEET!

GONRDN
12-31-2013, 08:52 AM
I'm 5'10" 225 lbs and 30-32 inseam.
I love the Rivco pegs.
I tried to reduce the chrome footprint on this bike and these pegs mount to the engine where the chrome "Honda" strip is. Installation is easy and they are adjustable and stealthy in that, unless you know about them you probably won't see them if they are closed.
The down side is the coating on mine is a little purple-ish. If you look at the thread about the Ultimate seat you will see a picture of my bike with the Rivco pegs installed. In the picture it looks black. Holding them in your hand they look black. But my set is just a little different color black than the black on my bike. I'm REALLY fussy about things so I notice things that might not matter to others. The Design and quality of these pegs are SWEET!

+1....:yes:

F6B-RICH
12-31-2013, 10:20 AM
I am taller but +2 Rivco :yes:

jakec
12-31-2013, 10:36 AM
Lucas, check out Mick O Pegs, a little pricey but very high quality, and if you call them they will help you pick out the right size. Speaking for myself, I wouldn't put a peg on a valve cover.
Jakec

Scotrod
12-31-2013, 11:22 AM
In black,,,3 choices. Kury, Rivco 'head' mounted, or Mick-O-Pegs.

Kury and Mick are engine guard mounted and have variations of the same product for different sizes / needs.

The Rivco 'head mounted' units are not always favored by shorter riders.

Rivco does have a engine guard mounted system, but to the best of my knowledge its only available in chrome.

1951vbs
12-31-2013, 01:12 PM
I am 5"10" w/33" inseam but my seat position is back 1". Rivco set at rear-most setting works great for me. IMO if you have chrome pipes the chome Rivcos look good. I have the ano-silver but also have satin finished pipes so they compliment each other.