PDA

View Full Version : Last Ride of 2013?

Elin in So. Cal.
12-31-2013, 11:27 AM
How about posting something about your last ride for 2013.
Where did you go?
How long a ride was it?
When and where will your first ride of 2014 take you?

Here's the Red Queen parked at the entrance to Joshua Tree. You can see the windsheild in place now. I got the smoke lens covers, but haven't put them on yet.
Yesterday, about 190 miles out to Mecca in the desert and then back through Box Canyon and Joshua Tree National Park for lunch in Yucca Valley was my final ride for this year.

Next ride (2014, January 2) will be around the same mileage to Borrego Springs over the pass through Mountain Center and Warner Springs. 1,684 miles in four weeks of new ownership. It just keeps getting better!:041:

opas ride
12-31-2013, 11:35 AM
I sat on my bike in the garage for about 5 minutes installing a chrome ignition cover that I got for Christmas...With temperatures in the teens and snow on the ground, I am done for 2013....DAMN!!!!.....Happy New Year to all......

F6B-RICH
12-31-2013, 12:09 PM
My last ride was :no: pull bike out of garage place a new garage rug/mat on floor and push bike back in.Bike all apart for winter mods :icon_frown: :icon_frown: not such a great ride thats for sure.

chipmaker
12-31-2013, 12:23 PM
I'll take my daughter to lunch in a hour, it'll be around 70f and sunny...

Big Dawg
12-31-2013, 12:49 PM
My son Skip and I met up with 12 other local riders and rode to breakfast. Temp was in the lower 50's. We plan to meet again tomorrow for the first ride of 2014. It might be a little tougher in the morning with a hangover. I think the plan is to meet at 10:00 and go for brunch.

Steve 0080
12-31-2013, 12:49 PM
Opas...should have called...I have a chrome cover I would have sent you, just for the price of shipping, $5.30 !!! Yes it is to late now !!!!

Steve 0080
12-31-2013, 12:50 PM
I am looking on another board for my first 2014 ride .... if I am not thrown off by then !!!

Scotrod
12-31-2013, 01:08 PM
Shucks,,, Nothing real memorable about last weekends ride,,, (Local over familiar roads)
Don't have anything spectacular planned for this weekend either,,, :shrug:

Seems like anything within a day-ride has pretty much been covered multiple times,,, Anything more requires more time than I have to spare. :icon_frown:

Gonna have to MAKE time! :yes:

bobbyf6b
12-31-2013, 01:38 PM
I posted mine here:

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?1505-Mining-Town-Ride-in-AZ

Can't decide if I wanna ride or go jeepin on the 1st. We'll see.

Elin in So. Cal.
12-31-2013, 02:03 PM
I'll take my daughter to lunch in a hour, it'll be around 70f and sunny...

Where are you located, Chipmaker? That would be fun to know.:icon_razz:

Elin in So. Cal.
12-31-2013, 02:05 PM
Shucks,,, Nothing real memorable about last weekends ride,,, (Local over familiar roads)
Don't have anything spectacular planned for this weekend either,,, :shrug:

Seems like anything within a day-ride has pretty much been covered multiple times,,, Anything more requires more time than I have to spare. :icon_frown:

Gonna have to MAKE time! :yes:

Yes to that. But I don't think I've been over your roads, so I'd like to hear about them, if you'd share... familiar to one is strange and new to another!

Scotrod
12-31-2013, 04:17 PM
Not a whole lot around Houston,,, Pretty flat in many areas. Sam Houston National Forest is nice, but rather small and probably 50 miles of riding,,, After a hundred times, it gets repetitious.

The Gulf of Mexico is an hour and a half away, but,,,, it ain't the Ocean by any means,,,

Personal fave so far is the Ozarks. Wife and I spend a week up there every year riding. But, after about 5-6 trips, it's getting a little stale as well. :shrug:

Mo' time / go farther is what I need!!! :yes: :icon_biggrin:

timjoebob
12-31-2013, 04:17 PM
Here's mine... done last Saturday in Albemarle County, Virginia:

https://www.facebook.com/#!/tim.harrison.988/media_set?set=a.10202162274651175.1073741835.16180 34237&type=3

imported_scottydi
12-31-2013, 04:24 PM
Left this morning and went for a 250 mile ride from my house in Buford, GA to Wallhala, SC, to Highlands, NC, to Franklin, NC and back to the house. Dont think it ever made it out of the 40s today, but had to go out when I had the time.

Scott

DisneyBill
12-31-2013, 09:03 PM
Went on about a 600 mile ride on Saturday up into the Ouachita Mountains in OK and AR. Cold but great ride!

- Bill

Lunatic Fringe
12-31-2013, 10:41 PM
Went out for about 100 miles on my Suzuki mainly on fast back roads free of traffic. We're having a very dry winter in Northern California with highs in the 60's so riding has been perfect. I've realized as much as I want a F6B it's just more bike than I can use. It seems all my riding in 2013 has been commuting and weekend day trips, nothing that requires a full blown tourer. Anyway. Happy New Year!!!!!

bob109
01-01-2014, 11:19 AM
Wintering over in North Central Florida, I'm fortunate enough to enjoy the many oak tree lined roads connecting numerous small Fl. towns with their many dairy and horse farms. With 64/65 degree temps, I managed to get my last 110 mile jaunt in for 20013. Starting in Orange Lake, I managed to cover the quaint towns of Citra, Cross Creek, Paynes Prairie, Micanopy, Macintosh, Flemington, and Reddick. Two hours travel time provided the opportunity to enjoy the many moss covered Oak Trees overhanging the rural roads. The refreshing and enjoyable ride was a perfect end to my 2013 riding season. Hoping to encounter the same in 2014:icon_biggrin:

opas ride
01-01-2014, 11:47 AM
LunaticFringe....I know you enjoy your current bike as you said, but have you ridden the F6B?..It is really not a "full blown tourer" as you stated...It handles great and a fairly experienced rider might give you a "run for the money" on it..Heavy yes, but is in no way like the Goldwing when it comes to ease of riding and comfort.....Happy New Year and I know you are loving the weather where you are as my son lives in Northern Calif. and "rubs" it in all the time......

Scotrod
01-01-2014, 08:30 PM
X2. F6B isn't a true 'full tourer', at least not in my way of thinking,,,

No disrespect Lunatic, but what in Gawd's name are ya doing with a trunk up on the back of that Suzuki??? (I assume it's a trunk,,, It better not be a Hibachi!!! :nono:)

You might consider getting that weight down low,,, Which would mean saddle bags, which,,, some bikes already have,,, :icon_biggrin: (hint, hint, wink wink!!! LOL!!!)

Here's to whatever you decide! :beer3: