PDA

View Full Version : Centre Stand

Miwhite
01-02-2014, 08:36 PM
Do all GL1800 centre stands fit the F6B or only those from 2012 on.

bob109
01-02-2014, 09:39 PM
Do all GL1800 centre stands fit the F6B or only those from 2012 on.

2002 through 2013 all the same center stand!

glryder98
01-03-2014, 07:31 AM
Go with a ride off center stand, you wont regret it.

bob109
01-03-2014, 10:23 AM
It was brought to my attention that the 2001 Goldwing was the start of Gl1800 production, hence its center stand will fit the F6B as it is identical to the 2002-2013 Wings. My apologies for the error:shhh:

There is currently a GL1800 center stand on e-bay for approximately $19.99. Thats a remarkable price even if it doesn't include mounting hardware:icon_wink:

GONRDN
01-03-2014, 10:29 AM
Probably the most useful addon I did to my standard f6b. Got mine through HOR like others suggested. They do lots of trikes and sell the centerstand. I got everything with it, even the dreaded spring.

Scotrod
01-03-2014, 10:38 AM
Go with a ride off center stand, you wont regret it.

Would be nice if they came out with one that allowed you the option of 'drive off' or conventional.

I look like a kid on a Hobby Horse trying to get my 6 off the C-stand!! LOL!!

But, I enjoy the conventional height whenever I clean or check air in the rear tire.

d-shark
01-03-2014, 11:01 AM
Would be nice if they came out with one that allowed you the option of 'drive off' or conventional.

I look like a kid on a Hobby Horse trying to get my 6 off the C-stand!! LOL!!

But, I enjoy the conventional height whenever I clean or check air in the rear tire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVrA1lr-WSg

GONRDN
01-03-2014, 11:13 AM
I have to admit, it was nerve wracking to do at first. Just never had a bike with a center stand. So I was a rookie to it. Spent a whole day trying to find the most comfortable way of doing it. Now its natural to put it up.

F6BPDX
01-03-2014, 12:00 PM
I have to admit, it was nerve wracking to do at first. Just never had a bike with a center stand. So I was a rookie to it. Spent a whole day trying to find the most comfortable way of doing it. Now its natural to put it up.

Just don't make the mistake I did and try to put it on the center stand in a concrete garage, with wet boots, directly after washing the bike. I'm still not quite sure how I was able to save it from going all the way over but I won't be making that mistake again.

GONRDN
01-03-2014, 12:15 PM
Just don't make the mistake I did and try to put it on the center stand in a concrete garage, with wet boots, directly after washing the bike. I'm still not quite sure how I was able to save it from going all the way over but I won't be making that mistake again.

WOW, that could have gotten real ugly quick. Glad you saved her.

opas ride
01-03-2014, 12:32 PM
I love the fact my F6B came with a center stand..Much easier to clean and air the tires etc.. But, at the ripe old age of 74, it is a task for me to pull the bike up onto the center stand even after watching the videos on how-to..So far my 44 year old son as taken care of this until next spring when I get a chance to ride again...Hope all goes well and I don't drop the thing.......

Hornblower
01-03-2014, 02:40 PM
I love the fact my F6B came with a center stand..Much easier to clean and air the tires etc.. But, at the ripe old age of 74, it is a task for me to pull the bike up onto the center stand even after watching the videos on how-to..So far my 44 year old son as taken care of this until next spring when I get a chance to ride again...Hope all goes well and I don't drop the thing.......

Here's a tip for you that I learned from Deer Slayer...find a board that is approximately 12 to 15" long, 6" wide, and 3/4" thick (yes, a 1 X 6 will do :icon_biggrin:) Note: In my case, I had some rubber stall mat material lying around that I got at a tractor supply store. Ride your bike's rear wheel up on that board or mat and you will find putting the bike on the center stand far easier. :041: It's surprising how much easier it is to get the bike on the center stand when you have a little "head start".

Scotrod
01-03-2014, 04:19 PM
Here's a tip for you that I learned from Deer Slayer...find a board that is approximately 12 to 15" long, 6" wide, and 3/4" thick (yes, a 1 X 6 will do :icon_biggrin:) Note: In my case, I had some rubber stall mat material lying around that I got at a tractor supply store.

EXCELLENT!!! I have a thick 'seen better days' rubber doormat that would work for this quite nicely!!!!

:yes:

Hornblower
01-03-2014, 04:37 PM
EXCELLENT!!! I have a thick 'seen better days' rubber doormat that would work for this quite nicely!!!!
:yes:

On my concrete garage floor the rubber mat works much better than a piece of wood because it tends to stay "put" better. If you have a wood floor, you can possibly nail or screw the board down and fix it that way. Here's a pic of my center stand mat:

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee106/HornblowerR3/CenterStandMat.jpg (http://s233.photobucket.com/user/HornblowerR3/media/CenterStandMat.jpg.html)

The blue tape is there to properly locate the mat in case it slips out of position.

Steve 0080
01-03-2014, 05:08 PM
Now I do that with 2 x 6 at all three points when I am doing an oil change, ( one under the side stand until you can get off )...then put one under the center stand..... this works out well....

Deer Slayer
01-03-2014, 10:22 PM
On my concrete garage floor the rubber mat works much better than a piece of wood because it tends to stay "put" better. If you have a wood floor, you can possibly nail or screw the board down and fix it that way. Here's a pic of my center stand mat:

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee106/HornblowerR3/CenterStandMat.jpg (http://s233.photobucket.com/user/HornblowerR3/media/CenterStandMat.jpg.html)

The blue tape is there to properly locate the mat in case it slips out of position.

Now everyone will know I am old and can't get it up. Uh the F6B. :lolup: happygirl

Steve 0080
01-04-2014, 11:25 PM
Hornblower uses blue tape for that....................

Deer Slayer
01-05-2014, 02:11 PM
Hornblower uses blue tape for that....................

Better sticking power! :yikes: