PDA

View Full Version : Duluth Fire Hose Pants

Steve 0080
01-05-2014, 11:09 PM
We do product reviews on all things motorcycle.... I have not, or don't remember anything on pants.... I ordered a pair of the Duluth Fire Hose Pants and must say they are the most comfortable pant I have ever worn.... the quality is first rate with no grabbing or riding up. They are also true to size, I have a black pair and according to their web site I will never wear they out !!!! I highly recommend these, they also come lined for the folks up North..... These may be a little warm here in the south during the summer... but if you go down, these are the best non motorcycle pants to go on wearing!

http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/mens/workwear/fire-hose/work-clothes/fh-pants.aspx?gclid=CIaxlYfX6LsCFcZZ7Aod8X4ARg&src=G002099&admkt=&s_kwcid=AL!3989!3!37155659881!b!!s!!duluth%20tradi ng%20pants&ef_id=UnscLgAAAFmxpAvh:20140106041032:s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=gIoQc9kUB2s#t=2

fsixb_AZ
01-05-2014, 11:58 PM
Been wearing these pants for about a year now at work, agree with you, great pants. I love all the pockets. Highly recommend.:yes:

MichaelG
01-06-2014, 12:37 AM
Steve, I have been using clothing products from Duluth Trading Company for years. Rather than buying the "name brand" motorcycle clothing gear that some lines carry, yet those wear out as fast as an HD leaks oil (meant to be a joke)...I changed over to Duluth Trading Company clothing, for long-sleeve mock collar shirts, and for pants. The stuff just doesn't wear out...even if struck by...well...you know :039:

hiflyer
01-06-2014, 08:00 AM
I wear their long tail mock turtle necks. Have one of their fire hose canvas parkas too, for winters like we are having right now. Long time customer myself.

MSGT-R
01-06-2014, 11:25 AM
Have any of you clowns told Duluth that directly?? :icon_wink:
Include pictures of you and your bikes along with the e-mail, it will go far.

No dancing around, Plumber's crack or giant Beavers.. :icon_lol:

hiflyer
01-06-2014, 12:04 PM
I haven't bought their pants because the inseam only goes to 34. I have this thing about pants riding up and showing too much boot, or getting windflow up the leg. I wear Justins everyday, and my jeans are 36 inseam.

Deer Slayer
01-06-2014, 12:49 PM
:yikes: Got me. I ordered a pair. Me and Hornblower going to check them out. :icon_goodpost:

Deer Slayer
01-06-2014, 12:51 PM
Steve, I have been using clothing products from Duluth Trading Company for years. Rather than buying the "name brand" motorcycle clothing gear that some lines carry, yet those wear out as fast as an HD leaks oil (meant to be a joke)...I changed over to Duluth Trading Company clothing, for long-sleeve mock collar shirts, and for pants. The stuff just doesn't wear out...even if struck by...well...you know :039:

Any input on Duluth T C gloves? :shrug:

Retired Army
01-06-2014, 12:53 PM
I thought wearing good fitting pants meant "just say no to crack". :icon_redface:

BIGLRY
01-06-2014, 01:11 PM
I haven't bought their pants because the inseam only goes to 34. I have this thing about pants riding up and showing too much boot, or getting windflow up the leg. I wear Justins everyday, and my jeans are 36 inseam.:icon_rolleyes::yes: Ditto,
I have a 36" inseam and with their waist size only going to 48" I'd need almost two pair to make one pair to fit my 55" waist(I'm 6'5" @ 400 LBS).:banghead:

jkelley
01-06-2014, 01:45 PM
:yikes: Got me. I ordered a pair. Me and Hornblower going to check them out. :icon_goodpost:

Me too, I ordered, My concern was they would feel stiff?

jkelley
01-06-2014, 01:46 PM
:icon_rolleyes::yes: Ditto,
I have a 36" inseam and with their waist size only going to 48" I'd need almost two pair to make one pair to fit my 55" waist(I'm 6'5" @ 400 LBS).:banghead:

You be a right smart sized young'un. with that inseam how do you find the F6B riding position?
My knees and hips were killing me when mine was stock with a 32" inseam.

BIGLRY
01-06-2014, 03:09 PM
You be a right smart sized young'un. with that inseam how do you find the F6B riding position?
My knees and hips were killing me when mine was stock with a 32" inseam.It was tough going at first as it is with every MC I get, but after adding some Kuryakyn forwards(Ergo II Cruise Pegs) and Rocky risers I can ride without cramping, but as soon as my(5th in 20 years) RDL saddle shows up, made to be up 2" and back 3" it should solve any issues (thanks JJ at DayLong). I tried the lowered Kuryakyn foot pegs in hopes of helping my shifting issues (size 16 boot) but went back to stock and as far as the rear brake I don't use it. lol

Steve 0080
01-06-2014, 04:01 PM
I have not tried their gloves however they do look nice..... the fire hose pants are soft...I have not seen any clowns on bikes in a while..................

As far as Duluth, I did order some compressions socks this AM.... I will ride the pants a few more miles and maybe then do a review on their Web Site. I want to make sure I am happy before posting on their site. Some people open the box wrong and kick a company instead of giving the company a fair shake !!!

Hiflyer.... they do show the fire house pants in 36" !!!

gray rider
01-06-2014, 05:19 PM
I like the fire hose pants and always pair them with Duluth Trading long tail t-shirts. The t-shirts are sized on the large size. I normally wear x-large in Duluth's sizing a large is quite roomy. Just like they advertise "no plumbers butt" with their t-shirts.

Deer Slayer
01-06-2014, 06:06 PM
:
Me too, I ordered, My concern was they would feel stiff?

On Duluth site they say they feel soft. It is on the net so must be true. :icon_special:

choptop
01-06-2014, 06:10 PM
Have never tried the Duluth brand , will in the future. Wear Riggs Wear ,rip stock, 5 pocket cargo pants in the summer, the same but flannel lined in the winter, wear well.

Deer Slayer
01-06-2014, 06:16 PM
I have not tried their gloves however they do look nice..... the fire hose pants are soft...I have not seen any clowns on bikes in a while..................

As far as Duluth, I did order some compressions socks this AM.... I will ride the pants a few more miles and maybe then do a review on their Web Site. I want to make sure I am happy before posting on their site. Some people open the box wrong and kick a company instead of giving the company a fair shake !!!

Hornblower and I have each ordered the pants. we shall see. Yeah the gloved looked well made. Down side was the winter liner on the winter type. :thumb:

hiflyer
01-07-2014, 07:02 AM

Not in black, for the ones I want.

Steve 0080
01-07-2014, 09:24 AM
Sorry.... call them, I can't imagine them not making you a pair....

Texas TC
01-07-2014, 01:19 PM
I found the Duluth brand many years ago. I do not own any of the firehose products but all the shirts, shoes, gloves, and even the buck naked underwear that I have bought from them over the years are the highest quality. I don't think I have ever worn anything out I ever purchased from them. Great company, products, and customer service.

Elin in So. Cal.
01-07-2014, 07:11 PM
Sure wish they made these fire hose pants in cargo style for women. Wow.... nice ones for the guys!:041:

BubbaJePH
01-07-2014, 08:35 PM
Most of the time I got near anything with fire hose material, I either got burned, soaked or something even worse. Like ceilings caving in. Falling from six feet with the ladder, SCBA and full firefighting battle rattle. Got blown out of a window thanks to a backdraft.

Steve 0080
01-07-2014, 09:36 PM
http://women.duluthtrading.com/store/womens/womens-pants/womens-jeans/56956.aspx

Here try these for women..............

Elin in So. Cal.
01-07-2014, 10:03 PM
http://women.duluthtrading.com/store/womens/womens-pants/womens-jeans/56956.aspx

Here try these for women..............

Thanks, Steve. These are denim, and I do have denim jeans that I'm wearing out. I found these, which have that firehose weave, even though they don't look as useful as the guy's pants. (More pockets, which is why I love cargo pants!)
http://women.duluthtrading.com/store/product/womens-duluthflex-fire-hose-work-pants-60752.aspx?ev3=recommended_products

Steve 0080
01-08-2014, 12:38 AM
Your welcome!.... I might suggest that you get the pair you found and a pair of the men's pants and see which one you prefer... Duluth has a great return policy. Besides if I can wear Batman Pajamas with sequins you can wear the men's fire hose pants !!!

BEIST
02-02-2016, 02:29 AM
Dang it! Now you guys have got me buying pants! Every time I stop by here I end up pulling out my credit card.

But, on a brighter note; I have yet to make a purchase that I have regretted. :icon_lol:

seadog
02-02-2016, 06:35 AM
We do product reviews on all things motorcycle.... I have not, or don't remember anything on pants.... I ordered a pair of the Duluth Fire Hose Pants and must say they are the most comfortable pant I have ever worn.... the quality is first rate with no grabbing or riding up. They are also true to size, I have a black pair and according to their web site I will never wear they out !!!! I highly recommend these, they also come lined for the folks up North..... These may be a little warm here in the south during the summer... but if you go down, these are the best non motorcycle pants to go on wearing!

http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/mens/workwear/fire-hose/work-clothes/fh-pants.aspx?gclid=CIaxlYfX6LsCFcZZ7Aod8X4ARg&src=G002099&admkt=&s_kwcid=AL!3989!3!37155659881!b!!s!!duluth%20tradi ng%20pants&ef_id=UnscLgAAAFmxpAvh:20140106041032:s

I have been wearing these for 5 years and they are correct on not wearing them out. They look and feel as good today as when I bought them. I recommend buying them two inches longer in the leg seam to compensate for sitting on the motorcycle. They also reduce the impact from anything hitting your legs. I just have the stock ones without the lining and they work excellent on the bike. I loved them on my M109R Suzuki with no fairing on it. Like you said, they are very comfortable and a very good investment. Tough as nails if you should happen to go down and slide on the pavement.

Old Ryder
02-02-2016, 07:19 AM
Their Buck Naked underwear is all I own. Also love the Ballroom jeans, T shirts, and crew socks, but never tried the Firehose pants.

Being the cheap wad that I am, I stock up around the holidays when they have the big sale and then replace them as they wear out. Problem is they don't wear out and I end up with a storage issue :icon_doh:

ReserveBum
02-02-2016, 07:19 AM
+1 on the Duluth - Like the pants - going on three riding seasons now. Well built and they come in odd waist sizes as well (37"). The long tail shirts are the best under layer - and the buck naked under wear are excellent. All great riding gear

114th COBRA
02-02-2016, 08:01 AM
Dang it! Now you guys have got me buying pants! Every time I stop by here I end up pulling out my credit card.

But, on a brighter note; I have yet to make a purchase that I have regretted. :icon_lol:

+1 :icon_biggrin:

Navvet
02-02-2016, 12:03 PM
:icon_rolleyes::yes: Ditto,

I feel your pain Larry, I take a 42 waist with a 36 - 38 inseam (depending on how they are cut) ....

Finding a decent pair of pants is always a challenge.

It's hell being big in a short persons world ...........

Necanefan
02-13-2016, 11:54 PM
I just ordered a pair of Duluth Fire Hose Cargo Pants. I love that they come in odd waist sizes. I also ordered a pair of Duluth Lined Fire Hose Jeans (do not come in odd sizes). I noticed that the FH Cargo Pants are 11.5 oz weight, while the FH Jeans are 13 oz weight (lined or unlined). I was originally going to go with a pair of FH Cargo and a pair of lined FH Cargo until I noticed this. I'll probably never notice the difference, but I thought that the heavier weight of the lined Jeans vs Cargo might be a little warmer for cold rides.
These will be my first Duluth Fire Hose products. Based on your recommendations, I'm excited. I thank you, and my credit card curses you.

-Jeff

willtill
02-14-2016, 07:22 AM
How "stiff" are these Duluth firehouse jeans and cargo pants? Are they easy to wash; like a regular pair of blue jeans? Or is it akin to washing a carpet in the clothes washer?

jm21ddd15
02-14-2016, 08:42 AM
How "stiff" are these Duluth firehouse jeans and cargo pants? Are they easy to wash; like a regular pair of blue jeans? Or is it akin to washing a carpet in the clothes washer?
They are easy to wash, just like other denim type pants. The term fire hose, refers to the stich of the fabric, but in reality, they are not quite like the hoses in your fire dept. I have several pairs and they are soft and comfortable, but feel strong at the same time. There is a Duluth Trading Post 30 minutes from my house, so I get there quite often. I have a friend who works road construction, he also wears the pants. He finally tore a pair after a year and a half, and he decided to check the Duluth "no tear" warrenty. Yup, they replaced them free.

ReserveBum
02-14-2016, 08:46 AM
I find them a little bit stiffer than my LL Bean jeans but not so much that its an issue. They wash the same as jeans. I sometimes wear my Bohns under them and its not uncomfortable at all

willtill
02-14-2016, 09:00 AM
They are easy to wash, just like other denim type pants. The term fire hose, refers to the stich of the fabric, but in reality, they are not quite like the hoses in your fire dept. I have several pairs and they are soft and comfortable, but feel strong at the same time. There is a Duluth Trading Post 30 minutes from my house, so I get there quite often. I have a friend who works road construction, he also wears the pants. He finally tore a pair after a year and a half, and he decided to check the Duluth "no tear" warrenty. Yup, they replaced them free.

I find them a little bit stiffer than my LL Bean jeans but not so much that its an issue. They wash the same as jeans. I sometimes wear my Bohns under them and its not uncomfortable at all

Thanks for that guys! :yes:

Steve 0080
02-14-2016, 10:26 AM
If I had known...I would have had my wife only wash in cold water and very little soap... they start off being very rigid and then over time turn soft...I'm thinking they would be mode abrasive resistant in their original "starched" form...

BigAl1952
02-20-2016, 06:27 PM
Steve glad to see you tried some I think I mentioned these a while back on another thread about conceal carry. I have used these for years because I can carry the Shield 9mm in my front pocket without a problem. There fire hose flex pants are the best in my book. The also use to have ball room jeans that had the pockets on them like this fire hose flex pants but they discontinued them a year ago. I was upset when they did that and called them to let them know of my disappointment but it hasn't made any difference they still don't have them. Al

Necanefan
02-20-2016, 08:50 PM
I received my Duluth Fire Hose Pants earlier this week. They are extremely comfortable! I can't wait to try them out on a long trip on the F6B. They will undoubtedly be more comfortable than a pair of Levi's. Since they offer odd sizes, I ordered one pair in my normal 34" waist and one in a 35" waist. It's time to admit that I'm no longer a size 34 waist! The 35's fit perfectly. I'm debating returning the 34's... Maybe I'll wait to see if I can get in better shape first...

adventurous1
02-20-2016, 08:54 PM
Agreed. One of the best pair of jeans for riding I've ever owned as well.

Here's my old pair vs new pair after 40K miles. The heavily faded and ribbed pair on the right looked like the brand new pair on the left 3 yrs ago. LOL. From Los Angeles to Banff, from Vancouver to Sedona AND everywhere west of Denver, these pants never failed. Though did use a lighter weight (non-Duluth) pant going thru the desert. Believe I'll be adding their very light fabric pant for the desert and hot day rides this summer.

btw, none of the fading is from machine drying. I've always hung these to dry.

stepbill
02-20-2016, 09:01 PM
I intend to buy me a pair once I finish loosing my weight. Went from a size 48 to 42 and hope to get to a 38. Got short legs, 29" inseam. I like a 30" if I'm riding to help with the creep up.

3Chief
02-20-2016, 09:40 PM
I'll be the odd one here. I hated the firehose pants, didn't fit right at all. The buck-naked underwear, long tail tees and Henly's rock though. I've been wearing the tees for many years and have never had any complaints. The boxers take a little to get use to otherwise are great and the Henly's are worth every penny.

adventurous1
03-25-2016, 09:43 PM
I haven't bought their pants because the inseam only goes to 34. I have this thing about pants riding up and showing too much boot, or getting windflow up the leg. I wear Justins everyday, and my jeans are 36 inseam.

36" inseam here, and the 34" inseam fit nicely. And, I ride in Keen hiking sandals and the end of the pant comes down over my heal. I also have a few pair of Tommy Bahama linen slacks for work, they're also 34" seam, and they're long on me. Some manufactures inseams run long.

anthony1969
05-02-2016, 07:05 PM

I wear their ball room pant.love them

Steve 0080
05-03-2016, 07:07 AM
I bought two pair originally and after three years they began to fade. I bought the black dye and re-dyed them. They are new again, albeit softer.
Just a thought, it was pretty easy and I also dyed a pair of my wife's favorite jeans at the same time...no big deal!

Wal-Mart $2

seadog
05-03-2016, 09:47 PM
I think they are the best motorcycling pants I have ever had and they are very comfortable but the thing most don't know is that if unfortunately you have to lay your bike down the Duluth trading jeans will not rip apart like regular jeans. Duluth already has had motorcyclist slide on asphalt with no road rash and nothing tore up on the jeans. Ready for another ride. these things are tough and worth every cent you pay for them. I always buy them 2 inches longer than I need figuring on being in the seated position and one more thing they take the sting out of those large insects hitting your legs.

wjduke
05-04-2016, 10:42 AM
I'm losing my mind...just bought two pair of these now. Yup, I'm done spending money on this bike...again.

willtill
05-04-2016, 11:36 AM
I'm losing my mind...just bought two pair of these now. Yup, I'm done spending money on this bike...again.

No you are not. :icon_lol: None of us are :shhh:

wjduke
05-10-2016, 08:49 AM
pants came in today...will try a pair tonight on my ride. Seem rugged but lightweight.

wjduke
05-10-2016, 08:45 PM
Love the pants. Waist has an elastic feel. In my size, it's hit or miss when you order online, so I was pleasantly surprised at the comfortable fit. They're a little thin for this weather, but will be awesome for summer riding.

willtill
05-11-2016, 06:44 AM
Love the pants. Waist has an elastic feel. In my size, it's hit or miss when you order online, so I was pleasantly surprised at the comfortable fit. They're a little thin for this weather, but will be awesome for summer riding.

Oh, so they are like "buffet" pants then... :icon_wink:

...good for a cruise ship. :icon_mrgreen:

Geronimo
05-19-2016, 07:13 PM
Saw this thread and it tipped me into ordering a pair, I always get +2 on the inseam for riding and they are perfect. The black ones are a little more tactical than I expected and think I will order 36 waist size so no belt is needed. The 38" waist definitely needs a belt. First Cav was my last duty station in 99', 19D here.

Steve 0080
05-20-2016, 02:55 PM
Did you see the hidden compartment inside the pants by the front left pocket ?

53driver
05-20-2016, 03:45 PM
Did you see the hidden compartment inside the pants by the front left pocket ?

Yup, that's where I keep my...nevermind....

Penguin
05-21-2016, 10:28 PM
Took a ride to Port Washington Wisconsin where the have a Duluth Trading store. Bought 2 pairs of firehose jeans. 1 lightweight and 1 heavier. Nice stuff.

Chas
05-29-2016, 10:13 AM

I am assuming you were/are a pilot. With your avatar is where I assume this. I must think with a 36" inseam you are tall and it must have been very tight in the cockpit. Just a thought, thanks for doing what you did!:cheers:

Bighutch14
05-29-2016, 01:05 PM
[QUOTE=Penguin;120652]Took a ride to Port Washington Wisconsin where the have a Duluth Trading store. Bought 2 pairs of firehose jeans. 1 lightweight and 1 heavier. Nice stuff.[/QUOTE

Hey penguin. Next time look up the Belleville, WI outlet store. I go there every once in a while. You never know what they will have on hand, but once I walked in and found a table full of jeans for $5 apiece. I bought 5 pairs. It's a great store. One of my pairs was even flannel lined. And just for reference. It's a little south west of Madison.

BIGLRY
05-29-2016, 02:02 PM
I'd love a pair if they would make them in a grown man's size like 56" waist 36" inseam instead of that whimmpy size 50" max.:icon_evil:
Duluth seems to think size 50 is as big as a full grown man is. :shock:

willtill
05-29-2016, 02:33 PM
I'd love a pair if they would make them in a grown man's size like 56" waist 36" inseam instead of that whimmpy size 50" max.:icon_evil:
Duluth seems to think size 50 is as big as a full grown man is. :shock:

Buy two. Take 'em to a tailor and have them use one for spare parts :icon_wink:

That's what I did when I had a special "pocket" sewn into the leg of several jeans I had made, for my Cold Steel Espada

BIGLRY
05-29-2016, 05:53 PM
Buy two. Take 'em to a tailor and have them use one for spare parts :icon_wink:

That's what I did when I had a special "pocket" sewn into the leg of several jeans I had made, for my Cold Steel EspadaYea, I usually have my good buddy Omar make stuff for me.:icon_lol: