PDA

View Full Version : Anybody received their "King" Ultimate Seat yet?

Honda Raider
01-06-2014, 06:43 PM
I heard they would be shipping in January, sometime after the Mid Rider seats... Just curious... and anxious.

GiddyupF6B
01-06-2014, 08:27 PM
I ordered mine the other day, it will be shipping within 4 weeks.

GONRDN
01-06-2014, 08:46 PM
Are there pictures of it yet?

Bob's 1800
01-08-2014, 07:52 AM
Ordered mine too sight un seen!! This will be my third Ultimate and the comfort was awesome.

Ultimate Seats
01-17-2014, 10:08 AM
Are there pictures of it yet?

Thanks for the orders guys! We are as anxious, if not more to get the seats to you. As soon as we have them here, we'll get pictures up. Components are all being built now. Still on schedule for the dates we announced.

Best,

Ultimate Seats

GiddyupF6B
01-17-2014, 10:48 AM
Mine should be about 2 weeks away from what they told me!

Honda Raider
01-18-2014, 06:58 PM
Followup... I got a call from Russellville Honda yesterday. They were responding to a call they got from Ultimate Seats, asking to verify that I wanted the "King" model. That's good news. If it's like the other US's I've owned, then it should be great for me.:icon_biggrin:

Bob's 1800
02-04-2014, 10:59 AM
Thought they would be shipped by the end of January...Nothing yet, unless it's on the porch today!

GiddyupF6B
02-04-2014, 11:10 AM
Mine shipped yesterday and will be here on Thursday!!!!!!! :icon_biggrin: I will take some pics of it when I receive it. I will not be installing it however because my bike goes to paint in 2 weeks. There is no way I am going to leave that seat sitting on a shop floor somewhere for 2 weeks while my bike gets sprayed, they can beat my stock seat up all they want! When I get my bike back the seat will be the first thing going on, then my new floorboards, new exhaust, Muth mirrors, and saddlebag carpets.....who knows what else might show up in the mail between now and then??:icon_twisted:

Ultimate Seats
02-04-2014, 12:01 PM
Thought they would be shipped by the end of January...Nothing yet, unless it's on the porch today!

Hi Bob's 1800-

We had an issue with the fitment of the king rain cover that we were trying to resolve. It has been fixed properly and we'll have all items (INCLUDING FREE RAINCOVERS) for all remaining open orders shipping Monday 2/10 - anytime a new seat is designed there are issues beyond our control and we try to do our best to get the seat fit and finish to meet our high standards. We appreciate your patience. We feel the seat has turned out to be well worth the wait.

Best regards,

~ Ultimate Seats

Bob's 1800
02-04-2014, 09:18 PM
Hi Bob's 1800-

We had an issue with the fitment of the king rain cover that we were trying to resolve. It has been fixed properly and we'll have all items (INCLUDING FREE RAINCOVERS) for all remaining open orders shipping Monday 2/10 - anytime a new seat is designed there are issues beyond our control and we try to do our best to get the seat fit and finish to meet our high standards. We appreciate your patience. We feel the seat has turned out to be well worth the wait.

Best regards,

~ Ultimate Seats

Ultimate,
Great news!! Looking forward to receiving the new seat. This is my third Ultimate seat and the wait will have been worth it.
Thanks Ultimate!!

Honda Raider
02-05-2014, 10:13 PM
Can't wait… maybe mine will arrive this week too.:icon_mrgreen:

SoCal Rich
05-25-2014, 09:12 AM
All the chatter on this thread stopped in Feb. so, let's hear from you guys and your ultimate king seats. What do you like? Not like? Pics. Etc. Thanks!

LX2
05-25-2014, 12:56 PM
A bit slippery compared to the stock seat. With only 1K miles on it I hope it gets better.

cwjj2001
05-26-2014, 04:07 PM
I just installed my seat yesterday and I only got a chance to ride for a short trip. I can first say that the seat does lift you up about an inch which is great for your legs and arms. I did notice that when taking turns it felt different only because of the ride height and center of gravity change. Or this point could have just been in my head...lol!!! I also notice that the height of the windsheild is different which confirms the seat height change. I also would recommend getting the backrest it feels great and when you park the bike you can just pull it off and store it in one of your bags. I have the deluxe F6B and I ordered the King Standard seat because I wanted the option to switch out the stock passenger backrest and adding the Ultimate backrest. If I change the backrest I would also add a luggage rack since I have the four bolt holes in place already.

hiflyer
05-26-2014, 05:08 PM
I bought the Midrider. Sure wish I could have ridden the king, and compared the two. Top notch quality workmanship. Different riding position for sure. I've only got about 75 miles on it. My aching knees feel better with less bend the new seat offers over the stock. Looking forward to some highway miles to determine that it's going to work out.

SoCal Rich
05-30-2014, 11:55 PM
Just ordered my King standard. Will report back later.

jkelley
05-31-2014, 06:14 AM
I have now been convinced. While there may be better ones I have tried modifying the stock seat, a Corbin, A russ Meyer ( although I admit not built specifically for me ) and finally got convinced to order an Ultimate king. With my sciatica nothing was working and I was looking at going back to Harley and forward controls. This bike was miserable to me. Now with the Ultimate I am pretty happy with it thus far.

JohnnyF6B
10-27-2014, 12:22 AM
Just ordered my King standard. Will report back later.

AND? Whats the report?

Steve 0080
10-27-2014, 08:28 AM
Wife said yesterday, that the Ultimate was the best seat up to date !!! Thinking I am done.

fl1madmax
10-27-2014, 12:30 PM
I heard they would be shipping in January, sometime after the Mid Rider seats... Just curious... and anxious.

many 300-500 mile ride's WITH WIFE, yupper I cant order a Ultimate seat fast enough for my Ride, there are the best. I
have a advantage of living 100 miles south of there plant in Omond Beach, there great people and I rode a Mid Rider for 20 miles
and then he put the King on, I'm 6ft with 32 inseam, its sweet, I wouldn't trade it for anything ! got the tall
back rest for wife she likes it to fit middle of her back, I like to short one for front, Ride Safe Ride Often !!! 5 1/2 month's
till I retire and live in my Cabin in Cleveland Ga. right on 129...........cloest you can get to Haven an still be on Earth !!

Richie
10-28-2014, 09:51 AM
Wife said yesterday, that the Ultimate was the best seat up to date !!! Thinking I am done.

Steve, how do you find the reach to the ground compared to stock seat. I'm sure it's a longer reach than the Mustang?

Thanks Richie

Old Ryder
11-07-2014, 07:13 PM
Still no pictures of these on the bike?

SoCal Rich
11-13-2014, 09:56 PM
I said I'd report back and I never did. I bought the King standard. It is truly awesome, incredibly comfortable. I am 6'1", and I have fairly long arms. They recommend the King for 6'2" and taller. Works perfect for me with my long arms, but if I was any shorter, I would get the mid rider. I'll take some pix and post, it's a very handsome seat.

SoCal Rich
11-13-2014, 10:12 PM

Also, I used to have a Kawasaki Vaquero with a Mustang seat, and I never thought I'd find an even more comfortable seat. WRONG! This one is better. Hope the pics help.

Ultimate Seats
11-14-2014, 09:21 AM
Thanks for the Pics! I'm glad you like your seat!

Best,

Dave