PDA

View Full Version : I too just pulled the trigger!

Westernbiker
01-07-2014, 02:45 PM
Bought Ultimate seats, backrests and passanger arm rest for the Valkyrie years ago and I am still very happy with them, soooooooooooooooooooo. I just ordered a set up from Ultimate for the F6B :biggthumpup: I am getting the King seat and it looks like it is about 4 weeks out. The stock seat for me is good for about 300 miles and then I have had enough of it. I am planning a long trip or two for the summer and will be glad I have the new seat. It is a belated Christmas gift for me from me! :041:

GONRDN
01-07-2014, 03:19 PM
Any pics of the king seat? Please post.

Scotrod
01-07-2014, 03:55 PM
New seats are always one of those purchases that one greets with great anticipation! Keep an eye out for the UPS FedEx guy!!!! :yes:

GONRDN
01-07-2014, 04:48 PM
New seats are always one of those purchases that one greets with great anticipation! Keep an eye out for the UPS FedEx guy!!!! :yes:

So true, probably cause it's the most expensive purchase. Besides pipes.

MichaelG
01-07-2014, 04:54 PM
So true, probably cause it's the most expensive purchase. Besides pipes.

I have to agree. My seat was $ 590.10, and my new pipes were $ 750.39. I hope 2014 is more about riding, and less about adding new parts to the bike.

"coffee"

motozeke
01-07-2014, 05:11 PM
I've hit 425 on the stock seat without complaint, look forward to testing the limits this riding season.

DisneyBill
01-07-2014, 06:39 PM
I did a 600 mile day on the stock seat and there was definitely some discomfort. I forgot to wear my ldcomfort shorts that day though so I want to try it again as I know they can make a difference.

- Bill

bobbyf6b
01-07-2014, 06:59 PM
Congrats on your purchase! For some reason I really like the stock seat. :iduno:

Westernbiker
01-08-2014, 09:47 AM
I will post pics of the seat when I receive ir in about 4 weeks. The stock seat around town is ok but when I went on a 300 mile ride with bobbyf6b I could not wait to get off that seat. So hopefully this seat will be as good or better than the Ultimate seat I have on the Valkyrie.

GONRDN
01-08-2014, 10:27 AM
Did Ultimate send you a pic of the seat? Its not on their website yet. I'd love to see what it looks like.

Bama Bagger
01-08-2014, 11:04 AM
Been to darn cold to put on my new Corbin Saddle out in the old carport! :banghead:

GiddyupF6B
01-08-2014, 11:10 AM
Did Ultimate send you a pic of the seat? Its not on their website yet. I'd love to see what it looks like.

I should have mine in 3 weeks, I will post pictures when it comes in.

Westernbiker
01-08-2014, 12:37 PM

They said it looks just like the Midrider but moves you back about 1 1/2" from stock seating position. Also it is suppose to be the same height as stock seat. I am 6'6" about 220lb and need as much leg room as I can get. :icon_mrgreen:

opas ride
01-08-2014, 12:41 PM
Again, I know that seats and their comfort are an individual choice....but, I personally like the seat on my F6B and it works for me..I really have other ways to spend $600 right now....Maybe later next year I will change my mind after more miles in the saddle, but for now I will stick with the stock seat..Fits my old butt fine.....

hiflyer
01-08-2014, 01:03 PM
Again, I know that seats and their comfort are an individual choice....but, I personally like the seat on my F6B and it works for me..I really have other ways to spend $600 right now....Maybe later next year I will change my mind after more miles in the saddle, but for now I will stick with the stock seat..Fits my old butt fine.....

I'm with you Opas, my first thoughts were that I wanted a Russell, but the more I ride my bike, I don't even think about switching seats. I've only done 500 miles in a day so far, "butt" no complaints. Plus, I like the looks of the stocker.

Scotrod
01-08-2014, 01:17 PM
If you can ride all day long and never think once about yer butt,,, no reason to change.

If not,,,, :icon_biggrin:

Texas TC
01-08-2014, 01:21 PM

I felt the same way. I even posted this was the best stock seat I ever rode. However, after about 6 months and 12000 or so miles, the stock seat began to breakdown and my butt and back began to hurt after a hour or so riding.

I know this is an Ultimate seat thread so I will refrain from gushing over my Mustang. Point is, the stock seat is a pretty good seat for a while. Any long rides, and certainly some miles piled up over time and you might be looking for an alternative. I know I was and am very pleased the market has stepped up and provided us several options.

I recently rode two 1100 mile, 15.5 hour in the saddle days. I never could have done that with a stock seat.

F6BPDX
01-08-2014, 01:24 PM
So far so good for me too on the stock seat, and actually if anything it has gotten a bit better as it broke in. The true test, like most of us, will come this spring/summer once some trips are planned and taken.

I think next on my list of money I can't avoid spending will be a Madstad.

Westernbiker
01-08-2014, 04:39 PM

I'm happy for you that the stock seat works for you BUT it does not work for me. Maybe because I'm 6'6" tall about 220 lbs with a 38" inseam has someting to do with it. I also have other things to spend money on but if I want to ride this bike for any length of time a different seat is required!

opas ride
01-08-2014, 04:56 PM
I'm happy for you that the stock seat works for you BUT it does not work for me. Maybe because I'm 6'6" tall about 220 lbs with a 38" inseam has someting to do with it. I also have other things to spend money on but if I want to ride this bike for any length of time a different seat is required!

Yes, I know what you are dealing with....My son-in-law is a big guy and has the Ultimate seat on his Valkyrie..If I needed a different seat I would certainly consider the one your getting....Good luck and ride safe....