PDA

View Full Version : New Owner

Miwhite
01-08-2014, 04:50 PM
I've been thinking about it for some time, and I finally took the plunge - yesterday I bought a leftover new 2013 F6B. It's pretty cold and snowy here in Ottawa, Canada so I have to be patient until spring. A big decision will be: do I license and insure my 2000 Harley. I think I'll give my Harley a well deserved rest this summer.
Mike

kjelders
01-08-2014, 05:11 PM
Welcome Mike!

You will not be disappointed with the F6B. Let the Mods begin!

GONRDN
01-08-2014, 05:20 PM
Great bike, you'll love it. But please, for sake of all mankind, have someone hold your wallet while it's sitting in the garage. Just trust me on this and you'll be fine!!

kkelly
01-08-2014, 06:20 PM
I'm thinking about getting this bike at some point and I have to say I was hoping I wouldn't have to change anything out but it looks like these aren't any different then my Star Roadliner or anything else. Seats, handlebars, pipes, the list goes on. I love my Roadliner by the way, awesome bike but I did change out the seat, handlebars and pipe on that.

FlaMike
01-08-2014, 07:31 PM
Welcome Mike. Can't imagine having a new bike and not be able to ride. But hey, you got it.

You won't be disappointed with your new ride. 'riding'

choptop
01-08-2014, 07:34 PM
Welcome from a "wanabuy" in the Artic Vortex, Wi.

bobo
01-08-2014, 07:49 PM
congrats on your purchase of the f6b now you will have a reason to go to americade to load the bike up with goodies.

Elin in So. Cal.
01-08-2014, 08:42 PM
Great bike, you'll love it. But please, for sake of all mankind, have someone hold your wallet while it's sitting in the garage. Just trust me on this and you'll be fine!!

Holy money, Batman. Where do I find the "Like" button for this comment! :041:

Steve 0080
01-08-2014, 09:37 PM
Sadly the bike has become a money pit !!!!!!! But worth it !!!!!!!!!!!! 'riding'

Big Jay
01-08-2014, 09:51 PM
:congrats: on the new bike,and to the rest of these guys, Will power people, will power. :icon_biggrin: Yea I Know....

Deer Slayer
01-08-2014, 10:20 PM
Welcome from The Tar Heel State. 'welcome gang':cheers:

Dirtstiff's F6B
01-08-2014, 10:28 PM
I've been thinking about it for some time, and I finally took the plunge - yesterday I bought a leftover new 2013 F6B. It's pretty cold and snowy here in Ottawa, Canada so I have to be patient until spring. A big decision will be: do I license and insure my 2000 Harley. I think I'll give my Harley a well deserved rest this summer.
Mike

Good on you, Mike. You will certainly enjoy it.

J

Wmorgan2k
01-08-2014, 11:09 PM
Welcome to the club! The 6 is very different from the Harley for sure. But you'll love it I'm sure of that. And yes to the other comments about hide your wallet! There is so much cool stuff you can buy.

BuzzzPhotos
01-09-2014, 12:41 AM
Mike

I suggest changing the windshield first. I sold my Road King 3 days after the F6B took its place. You'll be amazed... I've made it MINE with a lot of aftermarket. Can hardly wait for this north Texas weather to break. Congrats on your purchase:041:

Buzz

Sorcerer
01-09-2014, 10:09 AM
:icon_frown:Congrats. I feel your pain. Picked up my F6BD Oct 6. I was able to get 1700 miles on before thay tossed the salt here in MN. It's sitting in my garage and we are both whinning.

opas ride
01-09-2014, 11:23 AM
Many of us are the in same boat, so to speak.....Bought my F6B in late September, but after waiting a few weeks for custom paint and other goodies I didn't get her home until October and then had to return to dealer for some re-paint issues that they wanted to do and by the time I finally got the thing it was November..Only got about 650 miles so far and am looking out the window now at about 14" of snow and 6 degrees....Can't wait for spring to come.....I do go out to the garage and look at the bike on occasion just to dream!!