PDA

View Full Version : F4 Customs Motorcycle Windshields New Year sale!

F4 Customs
01-10-2014, 11:21 AM
Hi folks! If you are looking for a windshield for your F6B, check out the selection we have on our website! Vented or non-vented, tinted or clear, we can meet your air management needs! Don't forget about the ease of cleaning an F4 windshield: we ask that you use your favorite glass cleaner and paper towels! Our shields are very scratch resistant (even when rubbed with steel wool), they are guaranteed optically perfect and shed rain like no other aftermarket shield available!

Any F6B windshield purchased for the remainder of January will be 10% off and will be shipped for free! To take advantage of this offer, you must call the office to place your order. Please call 330-968-4644 with any questions or to place your discounted order! Thanks for reading and tell a friend! Happy New Year and we hope to see you along the way during the upcoming rally season! Check out our rally schedule for 2014, we are adding many new venues! Ride safe!

imported_scottydi
01-10-2014, 01:26 PM
I have one of these on my F6B and it is a very high quality product. Optical clarity is amazing and cleaning is very easy.

Scott

F4 Customs
01-16-2014, 11:52 AM
Can you comment on your height and the size of the shield you bought? How is the wind protection?

Phantom
01-17-2014, 01:27 PM
I have personally seen this windshield being demo'ed at Thunder Beach. F4Customs protected only half of the windshield with their proprietary baked on coating, placed a continuous running windshield wiper on it with steel wool, you could see scratches on the side without protection and no scratches on the protected side :shock: . Very impressive.

F4 Customs
01-23-2014, 09:35 AM
I have personally seen this windshield being demo'ed at Thunder Beach. F4Customs protected only half of the windshield with their proprietary baked on coating, placed a continuous running windshield wiper on it with steel wool, you could see scratches on the side without protection and no scratches on the protected side :shock: . Very impressive.

Thanks Phantom! the "Steel Wool Test" has become our calling card over the years. It very quickly demonstrates the abrasion resistance of our proprietary coating that is baked onto every F4 Customs windshield. Typically, we install a new "half-coat" shield on the demo in the Spring and it will run that way until the end of the season. We could leave it there, but there is something about new and fresh in the Springtime!

The coating allows the shield to be cleaned with paper towels and your favorite glass cleaner. We recommend F4 Customs Windshield Cleaner b/c it is formulated to more quickly release the surface tension that keeps bugs on your shield. Bugs will clean off an F4 shield more easily than any other shield we know of (yes, just ask anyone who has cleaned one) without our cleaner, but give it a try, you will be amazed.

Perfect clarity (some say like it's not even there), rains shedding that is second to none and paper towels and glass cleaner? Sounds like the clear choice!

F4 Customs
01-27-2014, 12:58 PM
Just a freindly reminder that if you are in the market for a windshield for your F6B, our 10% discount and free shipping will end on the last day of the month....give us a call to place your order!3851

mscheidm
01-29-2014, 04:12 PM
I just installed my new F4 Customs 18" tinted (no vent) windshield on my 2013 Black Deluxe. WOW!!! What a difference!

I called F4 Customs on a Saturday, not being sure if they were open. I left a message figuring that they were closed and that I would hear back from someone on Tuesday since Monday was MLK Day. The owner (Don) happened to stop by the shop, listened to the message that day and called me back. He answered all my questions and took my order and said it would be shipped out on Monday. It arrived for me on Friday and was immediately installed. Packing, instructions, materials, and parts were all included. It took me about an hour and was a pretty easy install. The YouTube video Don did was helpful with the install.

I am 5'9" and have 30" inseam. Because I will doing a lot of two up riding with my wife, Don recommended the 18" over the 14". I can hear the radio without problem at 80+ and the wind completely goes over my helmet with no buffeting. I have attached a pic from my ride into work Monday morning.

I know I could have purchased a less expensive windshield but after looking into the quality, durability, and scratch resistance of these windshield it was an easy decision.

10% Off, no tax, and free shipping made this a great deal ($310.00)!

I am VERY happy with the product and customer experience with F4 Customs. If you are thinking of getting one I hope this post answers some of your questions.

mscheidm
01-29-2014, 04:14 PM
Forgot to include that my eye level is just above the top of the shield (perfect), and riding at night with the tint is barely noticeable.

Thanks,
Mark

bobbyf6b
01-29-2014, 04:28 PM
Forgot to include that my eye level is just above the top of the shield (perfect), and riding at night with the tint is barely noticeable.

Thanks,
Mark

That seems odd since I'm 5' 11" (32 inseam) and could barely see over a 17 inch shield. When I was relaxed the edge of the shield was right in my line of sight. Drove me nuts. I guess that shows we all sit different on the bikes. I'm using a 15" shield right now and it seems just right. I'm still experimenting before I spend anymore money on shields. Thanks for your input!