PDA

View Full Version : Trip tracker

Dark Knight
05-19-2013, 12:29 PM
I am looking for something that would log my current and past locations, send it to a map to which someone remotely can view it or I can share it on the Internet.

My friend has Spot which isn't bad, but he pays for this service.

Features I am looking for:

- No reoccurring fees. I hate monthly or yearly charges.
- Shows on a map trip path and current location. Also ability to see the map on a webpage or Facebook.
-iPhone integration. (It already has GPS and cellular linkage to send data. Plus it is being charged with the USB port in the bag!)
-Logging average speed and other stats is nice but not needed.

I have been looking and the app MotionX looks like it would do what I want but I figured I would ask you guys.

What are you using to track your rides, etc?

micky_foccer
05-19-2013, 01:36 PM
Here's one:

http://trackstick.com/products/supertrackstick/supertrackstick.html

micky_foccer
05-19-2013, 01:37 PM
There are also free apps that probably do whst you want it to. Just not sure what cell ios you're using.

Dark Knight
05-19-2013, 04:43 PM
I am using an iPhone 4S iOS 6

There are also free apps that probably do whst you want it to. Just not sure what cell ios you're using.

micky_foccer
05-19-2013, 08:06 PM
My wife is an avid runner. She uses a free app called map my run. Perhaps this is an app that will do what you are looking for to map your rides?

Stone Laker
05-20-2013, 10:30 AM
There is one from Victory called Victory Rides. It works great.

micky_foccer
05-20-2013, 11:08 AM
Victory Rides got bad reviews. But I have not used it myself :)

chipmaker
05-20-2013, 11:19 AM
My wife is an avid runner. She uses a free app called map my run. Perhaps this is an app that will do what you are looking for to map your rides?

I tried the bicycle version this morning while dropping off my kid at school. I think it will work for longer trips, it posted a course on Facebook.

micky_foccer
05-20-2013, 11:33 AM
Which one is the bicycle version?

chipmaker
05-20-2013, 02:54 PM
Which one is the bicycle version?

http://www.mapmyride.com/app/download/?next=/