PDA

View Full Version : Issue with new windshield?

DisneyBill
01-11-2014, 05:50 PM
I recently purchased and installed a 19" vented Baggershield and have taken it out for one ride. I went in the garage earlier to clean up and prep the bike for a ride tomorrow and noticed something with the windshield. I wiped the windshield down with a moist microfiber towel as it wasn't too dirty given the bugs are pretty much gone for the winter. As I was cleaning it, I noticed these spots that appeared to be smashed bugs but they wouldn't come off. If I run my fingernail over it it's actually a depression into the shield and not some raised debris. Has anyone ever seen this as it literally has been out on the road one day?

- Bill

GONRDN
01-11-2014, 06:04 PM
Happened to me couple of years back. I bought a Memphis Shade for my batwing on my Road King. 2nd ride it cracked from a piece of wood shot up from car in front of me.

As they say, "Some times you're the windshield, Some times you're the bug"

Steve 0080
01-11-2014, 06:59 PM
I would contact seller......

opas ride
01-11-2014, 07:11 PM
If it is not a manufacturing defect, which is possible, perhaps something hit the windshield which you did not see or hear when riding...Is it possible that some kind of tool used to open shipping container did the damage??? I got hit by something a few years back, no idea what, that did similar damage to the Hondaline shield on my VTX....

BACA
01-11-2014, 08:27 PM
Could they be rock chips?

Dirtstiff's F6B
01-11-2014, 08:40 PM
Unfortunately,
Riding in the NW, this time of year has us dodging sanding material and the excess use of...

I too have a new one, just about like that in my Bagger Shield, I attributed to the sanding material:icon_twisted:

Guess I should be happy it didn't hit me... That said, it's hardly noticeable and the shield is definitely serviceable.

Jim