PDA

View Full Version : New To Forum - Considering to buy F6B

DaBigGreyDawg
01-14-2014, 10:28 AM
Guys and Gals of the riding F6B,

I currently have a 2009 Honda VTX1300 and I had test drove the F6B. I had been riding V-Twins since 1989 and this was the first six I ever rode. The ride was smooth, the bike was quick, and most importantly it was fun!

My question to you all is, how has your bikes held up since you have had them? The VTX I have to get the valves adjusted every 16,000 miles, it does not have fuel injection, but I still love the bike. I want to know if it is worth the trade?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Da Big Grey Dawg

dickiedeals
01-14-2014, 10:34 AM
Guys and Gals of the riding F6B,

I currently have a 2009 Honda VTX1300 and I had test drove the F6B. I had been riding V-Twins since 1989 and this was the first six I ever rode. The ride was smooth, the bike was quick, and most importantly it was fun!

My question to you all is, how has your bikes held up since you have had them? The VTX I have to get the valves adjusted every 16,000 miles, it does not have fuel injection, but I still love the bike. I want to know if it is worth the trade?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Da Big Grey Dawg

Yes Absolutely! Been riding HD for 40 years. This this the best most fun bike I've ever owned. Will be perfect once someone comes out with Cruise Control for it..................Dickie

Deer Slayer
01-14-2014, 10:36 AM
Yup, only one problem. How to get the grin off your face. :biggthumpup: I have over 190,000 mi on Gl1800s alone. Key word MOTORcycle. I vote go for it. :cheers:

opas ride
01-14-2014, 11:00 AM
Rode a 1800VTXf for over three years...Great bike and no issues at all....But, IMHO there is no comparison between the VTX and the F6B when it comes to smoothness, ride, handling, wind protection and just plain fun to ride.....Good Luck on your decision...

MichaelG
01-14-2014, 11:18 AM
Welcome to the F6B forum 'welcome gang'

Now, go buy one of the best motorcycles ever made. Like Deer Slayer, I have a lot of miles on these GL-1800 platform bikes, currently around 345,000 miles combined, and it is THEE best engineered bike ever made. Have ridden HDs, BMWs, Nortons, Triumphs, Vincents, Ariels, etc, etc., and with all the riding I do, I choose to ride an F6B. :icon_mrgreen:

There is a wealth of knowledge on this forum, as we all...or most of us...go out of our way to help you spend all the money you have, to buy accessories, farkels, and drag you off the couch to ride to F6B gatherings so you can meet others that reside here. :icon_wink:

This bike is as close to maintenance free as they can make a bike. Yes there are some things to do, but not like anything else you have ever owned. .batman-smilie.

4DI2D
01-14-2014, 11:34 AM
Rode a CB750K3 and adjusted the valves every 5,000 miles. 16,000 ain't bad at all especially since the valves are out where you can actually get to them.
Other than that, if you rode and you ain't bought it, perhaps a Geritol & Red Bull cocktail will help you move faster!!!

Scotrod
01-14-2014, 11:43 AM
Had a VTX1800C for 2 yrs. Valve check was 8k on it I believe.

Wing has a valve check at 24k I believe. Whole different process as each bank is SOHC with buckets and shims. Just like the VTX's some folks check 'em and some don't.

Lots of Tupperware on the Wings. A lot of it snaps on / off.

Wing Air filter is buried deep in the bike. 12k check intervals. Quite a bit of work to access it compared to other bikes.

GL1800 powertrain was introduced in late 2001,,, before the VTX 1300. A few have had ghost shifting/tranny issues, but with the sheer number of Wings out there, the percentage of those having problems is pretty darn small!

DaBigGreyDawg
01-14-2014, 11:59 AM
Rode a CB750K3 and adjusted the valves every 5,000 miles. 16,000 ain't bad at all especially since the valves are out where you can actually get to them.
Other than that, if you rode and you ain't bought it, perhaps a Geritol & Red Bull cocktail will help you move faster!!!

The valves were checked at 8,000 but needed adjustment every 16,000.

..."perhaps a Geritol & Red Bull cocktail will help you move faster!!!" Now that's pretty convincing! Thanks for the laugh!

MichaelG
01-14-2014, 12:37 PM
Wing has a valve check at 24k I believe. Whole different process as each bank is SOHC with buckets and shims. Just like the VTX's some folks check 'em and some don't.

Wing Air filter is buried deep in the bike. 12k check intervals. Quite a bit of work to access it compared to other bikes.

GL1800 powertrain was introduced in late 2001,,, before the VTX 1300. A few have had ghost shifting/tranny issues, but with the sheer number of Wings out there, the percentage of those having problems is pretty darn small!

Scott, the valve check interval for the GL-1800 is 32K. And, as you stated, some of us do NOT bother to go through that process. A lot of experience and knowledge from what others have done, lends some of us to believe that it is not worth the time and effort to check the valve clearances on these bikes.......when proper oil changes have been performed. However, I do admit that I have an electronic stethoscope, so I listen to my valves every 30K miles. So far, they have refused to speak to me. :icon_wink:

As for ther air filter, and "checking" it every 12K miles...that is one of the reasons I install a K&N air filter, generally around 20K to 25K, and leave it alone, and in there, until the bike hits 100K on the odometer. :039:

"coffee"

bobbyf6b
01-14-2014, 12:53 PM
14,000 miles and counting on mine. All it needs is oil changes and gas.

Accessories on the other hand might break you. :icon_mrgreen:

IamBatmanF6B
01-14-2014, 08:54 PM
If you are a taller rider then long distance rides may be a little rough on you. I am 6'4" and rode mine from Indiana to Sturgis and it was tough on the legs. I am 30 years old and have always liked the Goldwing platform and when the F6B came out with the gunslinger seat I thought it would work for me. I love the F6B but I just can't get used to the mid rider position. Other than that reliability wise these things are awesome! They are a Honda! A whole lot more dependable than my Harley! Ride on of these out to Sturgis like I did and you will definitely turn some heads especially with a Harley tour pack mounted on it.

Dirtstiff's F6B
01-14-2014, 11:40 PM
Backrest, Handlebar Risers and Highway pegs will fix that riding position for you.

J

DaBigGreyDawg
01-15-2014, 08:34 AM
Thanks for the suggestion. I'm 54 years old and 5' 11" on a good day. It was suggested that the first mod to change is the windscreen to make it taller. Is that true? I took my test drive with a full face helmet so I didn't notice a difference. If you are riding with a 1/2 helmet how is the wind in your face with the standard windscreen? I have been riding for many years and my VTX is the first bike I rode with a windscreen and I don't think I will ever go back to not having one.

MichaelG
01-15-2014, 08:56 AM
Thanks for the suggestion. I'm 54 years old and 5' 11" on a good day. It was suggested that the first mod to change is the windscreen to make it taller. Is that true?

For 93.14159% of us, that is true. Almost everyone changes out the windshield as the first thing they change on the bike. Like you, I am 5'11" on a good day, and we both know what that means. I must caution you, in that there is a myriad of new windshields now available for the new F6B. In the days of yore.......back in the ancient days of early 2013, when the F6B first arrived on the horizon, there were very few choices for aftermarket windshields, and those of us that bought the bikes early, were left scampering for what was available back then. Fast forward 10 months, which is an Eon in aftermarket time....and you now have available to you a very large selection of aftermarket windshields, and....with that large of selection, you also are faced with a very large and varied opinions from all the different riders as to what works, and doesn't work for them, in the world of aftermarket windshields.

My advice, for what it is worth.....take your time in selecting a new windshield. Given the time of year, and that there is a very strong possibility that you may have to make a couple purchases of aftermarket windshields to find the ONE that makes you happy....(kind of like shopping for a wife):duck:
I would suggest that you go to www.wingstuff.com , which just happens to be a forum sponsor here, and join that vendor as a VIP member. The small cost of joining as a VIP member, will save you a LOT of money over the next year. That vendor, WingStuff, offers a wide variety of windshields, and will save you money when you have to change from windhsield A to windhsield B, and finally settle on windshield C.

Despite what your wallet, and bank account, and wife...:icon_wink:, may be thinking, you ARE going to spend money on this new bike during the first year, and a smaller amount during subsequent years. Joining WingStuff as a VIP member has honestly saved me over $ 1,000.00 during the first year, in discounted savings and free shipping.

Take your time........carefully look at ALL the new windshields that are available for this new bike. Read all the posts on this forum about all the new windshields, and be prepared to start collecting windshields for this bike, like most of us have done. :icon_doh:

"coffee"

Scotrod
01-15-2014, 09:02 AM
Thanks for the suggestion. I'm 54 years old and 5' 11" on a good day. It was suggested that the first mod to change is the windscreen to make it taller. Is that true? I took my test drive with a full face helmet so I didn't notice a difference. If you are riding with a 1/2 helmet how is the wind in your face with the standard windscreen? I have been riding for many years and my VTX is the first bike I rode with a windscreen and I don't think I will ever go back to not having one.

All but a couple of 6 owners opt for taller shields. OEM is 'nice' for hot days at side road speeds/semi short distance. There is a ton of air coming at your upper body/head. Gets to be 'unnecessary/annoying' on longer rides/superslab speeds.

If you had a shield on the X, I'm willing to wager the OEM shield on the 6 will 'come up short' on comfort/protection.

DaBigGreyDawg
01-15-2014, 10:47 AM
For 93.14159% of us, that is true. Almost everyone changes out the windshield as the first thing they change on the bike. Like you, I am 5'11" on a good day, and we both know what that means. I must caution you, in that there is a myriad of new windshields now available for the new F6B. In the days of yore.......back in the ancient days of early 2013, when the F6B first arrived on the horizon, there were very few choices for aftermarket windshields, and those of us that bought the bikes early, were left scampering for what was available back then. Fast forward 10 months, which is an Eon in aftermarket time....and you now have available to you a very large selection of aftermarket windshields, and....with that large of selection, you also are faced with a very large and varied opinions from all the different riders as to what works, and doesn't work for them, in the world of aftermarket windshields.

My advice, for what it is worth.....take your time in selecting a new windshield. Given the time of year, and that there is a very strong possibility that you may have to make a couple purchases of aftermarket windshields to find the ONE that makes you happy....(kind of like shopping for a wife):duck:
I would suggest that you go to www.wingstuff.com , which just happens to be a forum sponsor here, and join that vendor as a VIP member. The small cost of joining as a VIP member, will save you a LOT of money over the next year. That vendor, WingStuff, offers a wide variety of windshields, and will save you money when you have to change from windhsield A to windhsield B, and finally settle on windshield C.

Despite what your wallet, and bank account, and wife...:icon_wink:, may be thinking, you ARE going to spend money on this new bike during the first year, and a smaller amount during subsequent years. Joining WingStuff as a VIP member has honestly saved me over $ 1,000.00 during the first year, in discounted savings and free shipping.

Take your time........carefully look at ALL the new windshields that are available for this new bike. Read all the posts on this forum about all the new windshields, and be prepared to start collecting windshields for this bike, like most of us have done. :icon_doh:

"coffee"

Thanks for the advice!

I do find it kinda funny that my original thinking for buying the F6B was that I buy it and ride it. No accessories would be necessary. Now I see a windshield, highway pegs and floorboard (I got used to those on the VTX and I love'em), which means the necessity of a heal shifter. I'm almost scared to ask, but I love living on the wild side, what other accessories are necessary for this bike?

chipmaker
01-15-2014, 11:11 AM
Just get a better windshield and ride...

Scotrod
01-15-2014, 11:21 AM
Thanks for the advice!

I do find it kinda funny that my original thinking for buying the F6B was that I buy it and ride it. No accessories would be necessary. Now I see a windshield, highway pegs and floorboard (I got used to those on the VTX and I love'em), which means the necessity of a heal shifter. I'm almost scared to ask, but I love living on the wild side, what other accessories are necessary for this bike?

Kury mini boards work for many.

Slim pickens on H/T shifters. (If you go that way, be sure to keep it in top-notch condition/fully lubed and free-acting as many blame a H/T on tranny issues)

and,

=)

Name one bike you DIDN'T add some accessories to! LOL!!!

DaBigGreyDawg
01-15-2014, 11:24 AM
Kury mini boards work for many.

Slim pickens on H/T shifters. (If you go that way, be sure to keep it in top-notch condition/fully lubed and free-acting as many blame a H/T on tranny issues)

and,

=)

Name one bike you DIDN'T add some accessories to! LOL!!!

Point - Counter Point

MichaelG
01-15-2014, 11:36 AM
Just get a better windshield and ride...

I wholeheartedly agree. Otherwise we open a very large can of worms about ALL the accessories we have all added onto these bikes.

Just buy a windshield.......and RIDE !:icon_wink:

DaBigGreyDawg
01-15-2014, 12:05 PM
I wholeheartedly agree. Otherwise we open a very large can of worms about ALL the accessories we have all added onto these bikes.

Just buy a windshield.......and RIDE !:icon_wink:
I checked out the website for wingstuff, what was I thinking?! This could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship!

coffee_weasle
01-15-2014, 09:25 PM
i first saw a F6B in colorado during my summer road trip (june 2013), it intrigued me.
since my riding buddy owns a 2010 goldwing, he couldn't understand why i rode a harley (2008 ultra-classic),
but he for the most part, kept quiet on the subject.

well, while on the road that trip, i had to stop for my obligatory service stop (rear header nuts vibrated off), so no biggie.
when i got home, stopped to get oil and a filter, and this is what planted the "seed"....
i changed the oil before the trip, and was back 30 days later for the post-trip change, low and BEHOLD,
a buck more per quart for the oil, 2 bucks more for the filter (in 30 days!), just pissed me off,

so, i start thinking' a test ride won't hurt, LOL

end of the story, i rode it, THAT sold me, it's quite a machine.
the more you throttle into curves, the more the f6b grabs the pavement, it's AMAZING...
AND, i don't have to fix it before i can RIDE it.

be careful though, two issues that can get you a ticket,
1.it doesn't SHAKE, so you can't FEEL how fast you're going
2.it's QUIET, so you don't HEAR how fast you're going
both are things i LOVE about it, since i rather enjoy a smidgen of speed now and then 'riding'

ok, no more about the previous bikes,,, LOL

i think one of the previous posts says you'll spend about $1,000 on accessories is spot-on

good luck

DaBigGreyDawg
01-16-2014, 09:53 AM
i first saw a F6B in colorado during my summer road trip (june 2013), it intrigued me.
since my riding buddy owns a 2010 goldwing, he couldn't understand why i rode a harley (2008 ultra-classic),
but he for the most part, kept quiet on the subject.

well, while on the road that trip, i had to stop for my obligatory service stop (rear header nuts vibrated off), so no biggie.
when i got home, stopped to get oil and a filter, and this is what planted the "seed"....
i changed the oil before the trip, and was back 30 days later for the post-trip change, low and BEHOLD,
a buck more per quart for the oil, 2 bucks more for the filter (in 30 days!), just pissed me off,

so, i start thinking' a test ride won't hurt, LOL

end of the story, i rode it, THAT sold me, it's quite a machine.
the more you throttle into curves, the more the f6b grabs the pavement, it's AMAZING...
AND, i don't have to fix it before i can RIDE it.

be careful though, two issues that can get you a ticket,
1.it doesn't SHAKE, so you can't FEEL how fast you're going
2.it's QUIET, so you don't HEAR how fast you're going
both are things i LOVE about it, since i rather enjoy a smidgen of speed now and then 'riding'

ok, no more about the previous bikes,,, LOL

i think one of the previous posts says you'll spend about $1,000 on accessories is spot-on

good luck

Thanks for the post. I will be talking with the dealer this evening.

coffee_weasle
01-16-2014, 12:41 PM
i have 2 different windshields, both from slipstream (rice lake WI)
a smoke color that is 11" to 12.5" measured from the rubber fairing strip, for riding locally
and a clear that is 17.5" to 19" (guessing on this one, it's not on the bike right now) measured from the rubber fairing strip, for road trips (them bugs HURT at 75 mph)

i do not have the stock windshield (it may "look" good, but serves no other purpose), i weaseled the 11" one from the dealer, it was on a demo-bike
free is free, i have no shame asking for free shit

naga viper
01-27-2014, 02:24 PM
Hi all new to forum I am not much of a poster as seen by avatar.

My current ride is a 2008 vtx 1800neo that I bought new love it

But I am considering selling it I have my eye drawn to this F6B WOW.

I only sat on one its crummy weather here to test drive but that will

be my make it or break it decision. I only sat on one since I was looking

at its predecessor since in NEPA our riding is limited. and would like more

wind protection. And I would like to step up to towing a Trailer, And hitch

would have to be fabbed up for Neo.

Well just wanted to say HI, and hopefully a 2014 f6b is in the cards for me.

Scotrod
01-27-2014, 02:44 PM
Hey Naga!

Former VTX1800 C rider here. Night and day difference in wind protection, and 98% of us 6 owners opt for a taller shield.

The Wings are 'seamless' compared to V-twins. Welcome to the forum!

Elin in So. Cal.
01-27-2014, 03:46 PM
DaBigGreyDawg, I bought mine after realizing that size doesn't matter--but the comfort and reliability does.

NOTHING beats a Honda GW line for lack of problems.

And the solid feeling is impossible to describe--you have to feel it under you to appreciate it. If it were possible, I'd say to fly to some warm, dry place and test ride one. And then ride it back home.

I've had V-twins, and this bike is nothing like those.

What I've "lost":
Engine heat (a biggie in So.Cal. during eight months of the year)
The "aura" of Harley culture
The stress about "what's gonna break/wear out/quit next?"

What I've gained:
Get on and ride. Just like a car, start her up and GO.
More road miles with less worry (see subject line)
LOTS of fun things to add (currently working into my second $1,000 of add-ons and that's nothing like what I did with my HD)
Did I mention no worries about maintenance?
Awesome speed and power. Like a hugely muscular big cat beneath me, she takes the corners low and slices through the curves. I know I have the throttle, but some times she is a huge beast with an awesome ability to take me through.

Yes, everyone here who posts is enamored of their choice of this bike. Read between the lines for the facts, and you'll see that the negatives are minimal, and do NOT affect the outcome once you swing your leg over the saddle.
(And Sparky, Daytona has no appeal for me, at least not until the amount of skin exposed, and beer-selling men in skin-tight chaps equates to the women there! You boys go and have a good time.)

opas ride
01-27-2014, 03:57 PM
I realize that some potential owners, and some current owners, are "hung-up" so to speak, on paint quality issues..If one follows the direction of many on this issue and wait for the paint to cure a little and then apply a few coats of liquid glass or other products that Honda and others have recommended I think they would be basically okay with it...I had read of some paint problems on this site before I bought my F6B, but after 2 test rides I wanted no other bike at this time and bought it anyway as it is such a great ride in all things important to me...Granted I did custom paint it later, but that is because I, and my wife, did not like the colors offered at the time...I have no plans to go back to a V-twin as at my ripe old age of 74 this bike is what I need and like....Ride safe.....

Hornblower
01-27-2014, 04:34 PM
Awesome speed and power. Like a hugely muscular big cat beneath me, she takes the corners low and slices through the curves. I know I have the throttle, but some times she is a huge beast with an awesome ability to take me through.

Daytona has no appeal for me, at least not until the amount of skin exposed, and beer-selling men in skin-tight chaps equates to the women there! You boys go and have a good time.)

Elin--Love your description of the F6B experience 'all/right'. Obviously, you do get it! As far as Daytona, no doubt there is an abundance of "lewdness" there but it doesn't have to be all about that. It's a great opportunity to see and ride with friends, to check out the latest in bikes and accessories, to speak to vendors, to watch pro racing, to eat at good restaurants, just to name a few positives. Over the years, I have learned where NOT to go in Daytona :icon_rolleyes:.

Deer Slayer
01-27-2014, 05:31 PM
Elin--Love your description of the F6B experience 'all/right'. Obviously, you do get it! As far as Daytona, no doubt there is an abundance of "lewdness" there but it doesn't have to be all about that. It's a great opportunity to see and ride with friends, to check out the latest in bikes and accessories, to speak to vendors, to watch pro racing, to eat at good restaurants, just to name a few positives. Over the years, I have learned where NOT to go in Daytona :icon_rolleyes:.

:icon_ditto: You do not have to go to the ZOO in Daytona. There is a bunch of "The Land of the Outstretched Palm" to ride in and see. :cheers:

Bruce B
01-27-2014, 07:59 PM
Thanks for the advice!

If you get the F6B, you're going to fall in love with it. Regarding the extras, you've got time now to explore the forum for ideas and opinions before you start equiping the new ride. As already mentioned, Wingstuff (and other forum sponsors) have a ton of good stuff. Regarding the windshield, broaden your investigation to include the Madstad which has gotten very popular and has been well covered here on the forum. And if you were to go with the Kury Mini Boards, you'd probably find that you don't need the heel and toe shifter. There're a ton of opinions and lots of advice here which make interesting reading and will help you avoid costly mistakes too. Welcome.

Retired Army
01-27-2014, 09:06 PM
To those new to the Gold Wing F6B, one size dose not fit all Honda only produce one size. The morel of this is make the bike fit you. This will give you more time to enjoy the ride.'riding'

Elin in So. Cal.
01-27-2014, 09:50 PM
Riding a gold Wing is like opening a can of testosterone.

Oh dear. I saw that can and tossed it into the recycle bin. Am I doomed now? I don't think I need any testosterone to ride my F6B.

Scotrod
01-28-2014, 08:19 AM
Oh dear. I saw that can and tossed it into the recycle bin. Am I doomed now? I don't think I need any testosterone to ride my F6B.

Nah,,,,,,,,,,, You get a free pass on that one, Elin! :yes: :icon_biggrin: :yes:

projectapollo
01-30-2014, 11:04 AM
Great thread. I, too, have a VTX1300. Looking at this F6B. I, too, like the floor boards and heel shifter. And the VTX looks cool. Trying to adjust to the F6B look. I do like moving away from the HD collective look, though.

In East Tennessee, two dealers are really working to move their final 2013s out. Can get a base model for less than 16,500. Deluxe for 17,900. Very tempting.

Let's keep this thread going.

opas ride
01-30-2014, 12:10 PM
Good deals are only "good deals" if the buyer is happy with the purchase and dealer...Many offer great prices but in reality the end OTD price, taxes, prep, destination chgs, etc.etc. is generally much higher....Good Luck on your choice of the F6B it is truly a great ride...

projectapollo
01-31-2014, 05:27 PM
Good deals are only "good deals" if the buyer is happy with the purchase and dealer...Many offer great prices but in reality the end OTD price, taxes, prep, destination chgs, etc.etc. is generally much higher....Good Luck on your choice of the F6B it is truly a great ride...
$16400 plus tax. That's it.

Scotrod
01-31-2014, 08:54 PM

I'm sure a lot of us have paid more than that,,,

Sure, it's "last years model' now, but if ya plan on keeping it for '''years''', it isn't that big of a deal. Nothing changed for 2014 other than red has been replaced by yellow. :shrug:

Limbuck
02-01-2014, 07:33 PM
An observation: at out initial F6B rally in Franklin we had 13 F6B's and some other bikes. All 13 F6B's had aftermarket windshields. All as in ALL. I purchased mine in Chattanooga and on my 60 mile ride home the wind bout tore my head off. The OEM screen looks good but like the passenger backrest and luggage rack it is far from road functional. As has been stated many times. Get the wind-screen and ride. Everything else is optional to your tastes and fitment. Yep, it is a Honda, no worries.
Howdy Bill. Pull the trigger friend. Greetings also to HornBlower, Miles, BlackBetty, ScottiD,Phanton, Steve0800, Barry, Dawg, and all you good friends in F6B land. And where are you ConTec?

Phantom
02-02-2014, 08:38 AM
An observation: at out initial F6B rally in Franklin we had 13 F6B's and some other bikes. All 13 F6B's had aftermarket windshields. All as in ALL. I purchased mine in Chattanooga and on my 60 mile ride home the wind bout tore my head off. The OEM screen looks good but like the passenger backrest and luggage rack it is far from road functional. As has been stated many times. Get the wind-screen and ride. Everything else is optional to your tastes and fitment. Yep, it is a Honda, no worries.
Howdy Bill. Pull the trigger friend. Greetings also to HornBlower, Miles, BlackBetty, ScottiD,Phanton, Steve0800, Barry, Dawg, and all you good friends in F6B land. And where are you ConTec?

Rick, Glad to see you back on the board :icon_cool::yes:

1951vbs
02-02-2014, 11:41 AM
An observation: at out initial F6B rally in Franklin we had 13 F6B's and some other bikes. All 13 F6B's had aftermarket windshields. All as in ALL.

I have to challenge that opinion. Although I only participated in the Tail of the Dragon portion of the Rally, I ...WAS... there, and I ran a stock shield and really like the height and the look. I have since replaced it with a dark tinted stock height screen and with almost 10,000 miles in all kinds of weather including riding daily to work at temps in the teens still like how it works for me.

I have had a few bikes with great wind management (mostly because of power wind shields); ST1300, BMW K1200GT, and the Victory Vision I traded for the F6B. I thought I might miss this feature but what I found with the F6B was I had been missing a little "breeze".

So I know I am in the minority but there are a few others on this forum that also prefer the shorter shields. To each their own. I suggest a new owner at least try the stock shield before they replace it.:icon_lol:

Phantom
02-02-2014, 12:08 PM
I have to challenge that opinion. Although I only participated in the Tail of the Dragon portion of the Rally, I ...WAS... there, and I ran a stock shield and really like the height and the look. I have since replaced it with a dark tinted stock height screen and with almost 10,000 miles in all kinds of weather including riding daily to work at temps in the teens still like how it works for me.

I have had a few bikes with great wind management (mostly because of power wind shields); ST1300, BMW K1200GT, and the Victory Vision I traded for the F6B. I thought I might miss this feature but what I found with the F6B was I had been missing a little "breeze".

So I know I am in the minority but there are a few others on this forum that also prefer the shorter shields. To each their own. I suggest a new owner at least try the stock shield before they replace it.:icon_lol:

Like Limbuck, I had forgotten that you had caught up with us at the Tail of the Dragon :icon_redface: Looking at the Line-up photo taken at the Hotel just before our Saturday evening BBQ, there wasn't one stock shield on any of the bikes there.

MichaelG
02-02-2014, 12:27 PM
Although I only participated in the Tail of the Dragon portion of the Rally, I ...WAS... there, and I ran a stock shield and really like the height and the look.

Ah, yes, I remember that moment. There were a few of us stragglers that stayed behind at the "accident" scene, and when we left that scene, we decided to meet up and gather ourselves at a gas station/tourist spot on the route to the Dragon's Tail. We pulled into the parking lot, and within 32 seconds in rolls another all Black F6B, that was previously not with us, and the rider introduces himself as Mike, the 1951VBS on the forum. I can confirm that his bike did indeed have a stock windshield on it at the time. :039: I can also confirm that I was the first...of many weirdos...that Mike would meet as members of the forum, that day. :icon_mrgreen:

"coffee"

naga viper
02-02-2014, 12:47 PM
:Saweeet smilie::041:
Now that's a good price.

Now just gotta pay Damn old uncle sam first.
"emptypockets2"