PDA

View Full Version : Daytona Bike Week

Hornblower
01-14-2014, 11:21 AM
Are plans being made for a group ride to Daytona Bike Week? It seems like someone mentioned earlier about spending a day or two in Daytona and then going on down to Key West.

Phantom
01-14-2014, 12:11 PM
Are plans being made for a group ride to Daytona Bike Week? It seems like someone mentioned earlier about spending a day or two in Daytona and then going on down to Key West.

Ken, Thanks for reminding me, it will be here sooner than you know ....

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?1310-Daytona-Bike-Week-If-you-have-never-been

NCF6B
01-23-2014, 05:10 PM
We would really like to get up with some NC f6bers. Plan to be in Daytona March 4 to 8. Would you keep us posted on plans or send a PM when plans are made. thanks

MichaelG
01-23-2014, 05:29 PM
We would really like to get up with some NC f6bers. Plan to be in Daytona March 4 to 8. Would you keep us posted on plans or send a PM when plans are made. thanks

Yo...NCF6B, there are a LOT of F6B riders in NC. They might not be right next door to you, but NC is a small state, and it is easy to find an F6B rider there. As for the Daytona and Key West gathering of F6B riders, here is the most prominent link on this forum:
http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?1310-Daytona-Bike-Week-If-you-have-never-been

Lots of pages of info, and the main gathering of F6B riders starts on March 12th, and ends March 16th. Read on !

"coffee"

Steve 0080
01-23-2014, 06:10 PM
I should/could be there the 5th and 6th..... I am/will be showing my Brother in law around that week...I think??? He is flying in from Germany..... There will not be much happening until the 7th !!!!!

http://www.officialbikeweek.com/

NCF6B
01-24-2014, 05:00 PM
Thanks to you and Miles. We are tying trips together and visiting with family at the same time. Plan to stay in a campground in Port Orange. Great location Close to everything. Really looking forward to the trip. Hope we can catch up with some of you.

ED209
02-26-2014, 12:36 PM
I cant wait to see the new bikes on the market. :041:

Gonna get pics of the new Honda Valkyrie, Indian Cheiftan, Moto Guzzi Calif, HD Street 750, ect
Then off to the circus tents to see some seats and other goodies for the F6B. :clap2:

The wife and I are gonna spend a day on the side of the road somewhere and just watch bikes go by. Probably just shy of Daytona in Bunnel area. Gonna snap a pic of every F6B or new Valkyrie that passes by. :popcorn:

choptop
02-26-2014, 05:22 PM
I cant wait to see the new bikes on the market. :041:

Gonna get pics of the new Honda Valkyrie, Indian Cheiftan, Moto Guzzi Calif, HD Street 750, ect
Then off to the circus tents to see some seats and other goodies for the F6B. :clap2:

The wife and I are gonna spend a day on the side of the road somewhere and just watch bikes go by. Probably just shy of Daytona in Bunnel area. Gonna snap a pic of every F6B or new Valkyrie that passes by. :popcorn:

Wish I could be their.:icon_frown:

Deer Slayer
02-27-2014, 12:48 AM
Yo...NCF6B, there are a LOT of F6B riders in NC. They might not be right next door to you, but NC is a small state, and it is easy to find an F6B rider there. As for the Daytona and Key West gathering of F6B riders, here is the most prominent link on this forum:

Lots of pages of info, and the main gathering of F6B riders starts on March 12th, and ends March 16th. Read on !

"coffee"

Miles ole boy little Washington State is only 240 miles across. I believe our Tarheel state is around 560 miles east to west. :poke::cheers:

MichaelG
02-27-2014, 09:18 AM
Miles ole boy little Washington State is only 240 miles across. I believe our Tarheel state is around 560 miles east to west. :poke::cheers:

Oh...Deer Slayer..the Younger......wherever you got your data info on Washington State only being 240 miles across...West to East, is in error.
Like...big error. To be more accurate, it is about 425 miles from West to East, and while that is still not as much length as NC has...the Tarheel State has been known to...stretch things a bit.

So, let's look at real statistics, like....land area and population. Washington State has a land area of 66,544 sq. miles, and a population of only 6.7 million peeps. Whereas North Carolina has a puny land area of only 48,711 sq. miles, and an overabundence of peeps to the tune of 9.5 million.

Those numbers equate to: Washington...100 peeps per sq. mile North Carolina....195 peeps per sq. mile.

Good thing neither of us live in New Jersey...1185 peeps per sq. mile

Take that, you...tarheelian :spank:

Deer Slayer
02-27-2014, 06:07 PM
Oh...Deer Slayer..the Younger......wherever you got your data info on Washington State only being 240 miles across...West to East, is in error.
Like...big error. To be more accurate, it is about 425 miles from West to East, and while that is still not as much length as NC has...the Tarheel State has been known to...stretch things a bit.

So, let's look at real statistics, like....land area and population. Washington State has a land area of 66,544 sq. miles, and a population of only 6.7 million peeps. Whereas North Carolina has a puny land area of only 48,711 sq. miles, and an overabundence of peeps to the tune of 9.5 million.

Those numbers equate to: Washington...100 peeps per sq. mile North Carolina....195 peeps per sq. mile.

Good thing neither of us live in New Jersey...1185 peeps per sq. mile

Take that, you...tarheelian :spank:

Ha! just had to pull your chain. Do you know where pull your chain phrase came from? I was told it came from the mines. The poop car was on rails, and the last thing one would want was to be pushed down the track whilst you were doing your business! Thus miners had a length of chain that was places around the wheel to prevent being pushed down the track. Thus pull the chain and off one would go. :yikes:

F6B-RICH
03-01-2014, 10:44 AM
Good thing neither of us live in New Jersey...1185 peeps per sq. mile:

Ok Miles when you talk about NJ thats fighting words swordfight:workout: Its go time .batman-smilie.

hiflyer
03-02-2014, 10:20 AM
9 degrees and snow in OKC this morning, with a week to go before heading out, hoping for the weather to moderate.

Steve 0080
03-02-2014, 11:34 AM
81’ here today…headed to the beach to meet a board member and make sure the restaurant is still serving the best seafood in the area!!!!! Wish you were here!!!

Steve 0080
03-02-2014, 08:13 PM
Had lunch today with NCF6B and his wife Ruth along with my wife at, Dixie Crossroads…great get together …another chance to put a face with a name and go over mods on the bikes !!!!! The weather was near perfect !!!!!! Getting ready for the trip south !!!

choptop
03-02-2014, 08:18 PM
Had lunch today with NCF6B and his wife Ruth along with my wife at, Dixie Crossroads…great get together …another chance to put a face with a name and go over mods on the bikes !!!!! The weather was near perfect !!!!!! Getting ready for the trip south !!!

How do you like the Mustang seat ?

hiflyer
03-02-2014, 08:55 PM

I give, what are those things on your handlebars?

dickiedeals
03-02-2014, 08:56 PM

Steve I really like the looks of that Mustang Seat, But not quite sure why you covered up Honda's beautiful Rotors. As for Dixie Cross Roads thanks for the invite. The wife and I went Today 03-02-14. Guess we missed you. Great minds think alike. Would have loved to have hooked up with you guys.It was a Beautiful day for a ride. The wife and I rode Blacks Wildlife Road, Haulover, to Oakhill and back south.......Dickie

Steve 0080
03-03-2014, 08:35 AM
I am really happy with the Mustang seat…does exactly what it said it would do…..the material in the center makes the seat non slip and the built in back rest is great !!!

Come on Dickie…the rotor covers are hot !!!…. I guess it does look like the “boot” the PoPo use but, oh well…I will leave them on till I tire of them and will sell them…I should have posted a RTE…sorry

On my handle bars is a GPS and CELL phone…. see pic….