PDA

View Full Version : IPOD SHUFFEL

Westernbiker
01-15-2014, 03:48 PM
I have an IPOD SHUFFEL and it does not work with the glove box pin connector. It plugs into it alright just can't get it to play, am I doing something wrong here? Also bought the USB to small pin adapter for the connection in the saddle bag and still cannot get it to work. Am I doing something wrong or will the SHUFFEL just not work and it has to be a full size IPOD?

unsub
01-15-2014, 04:03 PM
Am I doing something wrong or will the SHUFFEL just not work and it has to be a full size IPOD?

Your Shuffle should work in the left side cubby with the audio out 3.5 jack. Double check your audio set up , mute controls etc..and that the audio jack is all the way in. You might, and I say this advisedly, might have to use a little pressure.

Page 95 of the owners manual does not list the shuffle as a supported device in the saddle bag. Flash drives >256mb, Nano's, and the iPod Touch are listed.

If I'm not mistaken members here have had good success with flash drives in the boot. (saddle bag)

jakec
01-15-2014, 05:44 PM
Make sure you have aux pushed in and you don't have mute on. You also have to make sure your radio is set to external speakers and not headphones. The shuffle should work in the left hand glove box, if not you will have to pull the glove box and make sure your lead is plugged in.
Jakec

bobbyf6b
01-15-2014, 06:08 PM
If you didn't try it already, push AUX twice. One is front, one is rear.

jakec
01-16-2014, 11:33 AM
Just another quick thought, you have to use the button on the Shuffle to turn it on and off.
Jakec

Westernbiker
01-16-2014, 03:00 PM
Ok, thanks guys, I will give it all a try again and see if it works. I sure hope it does!

Westernbiker
01-21-2014, 09:12 AM
Well yesterday after the gym I finally had some time to tinker with my IPOD SHUFFEL on the bike. I did get it to work and now I'm a happy camper! Thanks guys for the tips! :icon_mrgreen: :biggthumpup:

BIGLRY
01-21-2014, 11:41 AM
Well yesterday after the gym I finally had some time to tinker with my IPOD SHUFFEL on the bike. I did get it to work and now I'm a happy camper! Thanks guys for the tips! :icon_mrgreen: :biggthumpup:
Okay, what did you do to get it working....inquiring minds....... :popcorn:

BubbaJePH
01-21-2014, 08:02 PM
Depending of the age of your iPod, the 30 pin connector has different assignments for the pins. Also recharging voltage is different. I have some devises where I have to use a bridge connector where my newer iPods to be charged and play through those devices.

Westernbiker
01-22-2014, 09:11 AM
First of all I used the 3.5 pin in the left fairing cubby. I made sure the pin was all the way into the IPOD which right at the end gets a bit tight but then snaps right in with a bit of force. Turn the bike ignition key to ACC and pressed the AUX button on the raido, making sure the the setting on the raido was AUDIO and not HEADPHONES! Next I turned on the shuffel and WALA! Also note the I put a volume control in line with the IPOD and turned it up then adjusted the raido volume and man it gets loud. Thanks again guys! :biggthumpup:

fatrboy
02-05-2014, 03:57 AM
I do not have an Ipod. Fatrboy

Westernbiker
02-05-2014, 09:24 AM
I do not have an Ipod. Fatrboy

You can try it with the usb port in the left side saddle bag.
Also note in you owners manual in the raido section (I believe) is a list of audio components that will work, see if yours is listed.

jakec
02-05-2014, 10:10 AM
I have an IPOD but after using a memory stick in the trunk I prefer that. You can put a lot of music on it and the only controls you need are the factories.
Jakec

Thommoperth
05-25-2014, 10:27 PM
My iPod has stoped working in the rear pannier for some reason. It had been working for a bout 6 months then it just stopped working, changed USB connecting cable and tried the switches and still no joy, it works in the front ok.

AnY one had this sort of problem?

Any hints gladly accepted.

choptop
05-26-2014, 09:04 AM
Speaking of memory sticks, just purchased a SanDisk cruzer micro 8gb, have a couple of hundred songs on it but it will only show 80 when I have it plugged into the bike, where are the rest of them ?

hiflyer
05-26-2014, 09:34 PM
I use satellite radio because (1) I don't care to take the time to download music, (2) I like all kinds of music, if I can't find it on XM, I don't care,
(3) Kinda like eating, if I had the same food every meal, I'd get sick of that, (4) Talk Radio and news (5) Forget the rest, I'm just too lazy to download music.

Ankan
05-27-2014, 03:20 AM
Speaking of memory sticks, just purchased a SanDisk cruzer micro 8gb, have a couple of hundred songs on it but it will only show 80 when I have it plugged into the bike, where are the rest of them ?

Put the songs in directories at a max. 200 songs/directory. Then you can push the random button to shuffle all albums on the bike. If it doesn't work, put fewer songs into more directories.

Also make sure you the songs have a compatible file format. Check your owners manual.
Good luck :039: