01-19-2014, 12:13 AM

And another

choptop
01-19-2014, 12:31 AM

And yet another.

Scotrod
01-19-2014, 10:16 AM
Looks like Wings converted to F6B.

The 2014 wings have color-matched fairing side panels,,, no more of the 'silver for all' fairing side panels :yes:

F6B-RICH
01-19-2014, 10:27 AM

And yet another.

The bike is ok.I am more interested in the gun hanging on the wall :icon_biggrin: :067: :068:

Scotrod
01-19-2014, 10:40 AM
And what he's hiding behind the smiley? :icon_wink:

MichaelG
01-19-2014, 10:59 AM
Looks like Wings converted to F6B.

The 2014 wings have color-matched fairing side panels,,, no more of the 'silver for all' fairing side panels :yes:

It is a full Wing that has been converted. Look at the silver wheels, and the CB controls on the left handlebar. That is a Wing, not an F6B.

"coffee"

choptop
01-19-2014, 12:15 PM
Didn't catch that, but that's not unusual. Was never a big fan of the "Murdered out/ blacked out look,other than my x-police Charger, although a fan of black. I like how the wheels go good w/ the bike along w/the chrome accents. That will be what I will be striving for, a good balance of chrome and Black.

Any idea what years of the full size gold wing wheels fit the F6b and thanks in advance.

MichaelG
01-19-2014, 12:21 PM
Any idea what years of the full size gold wing wheels fit the F6b and thanks in advance.

Choptop, the answer is: ALL years of the GL-1800 wheels fit onto an F6B. From 2001 to 2014, all the GL-1800 wheels will work. The only real difference is in the coloring of the F6B wheels. If you do go for different wheels, there are chrome ones available through the aftermarket world, there are powder-coated ones, like I have done on my bikes, and...you need to decide if you want the Tire Pressure sensor units that come with some of the later model Wings wheels. Example, I bought a secondary rear wheel from a dealer that makes trikes. Came with new wheel and new rear tire. Once that tire was worn out...and came off, I removed the TPMS from the wheel, had the wheel powder-coated a high gloss black, and installed a new stainless steel valve stem.

So, all the GL-1800 wheels will fit a F6B.

choptop
01-19-2014, 12:57 PM
Choptop, the answer is: ALL years of the GL-1800 wheels fit onto an F6B. From 2001 to 2014, all the GL-1800 wheels will work. The only real difference is in the coloring of the F6B wheels. If you do go for different wheels, there are chrome ones available through the aftermarket world, there are powder-coated ones, like I have done on my bikes, and...you need to decide if you want the Tire Pressure sensor units that come with some of the later model Wings wheels. Example, I bought a secondary rear wheel from a dealer that makes trikes. Came with new wheel and new rear tire. Once that tire was worn out...and came off, I removed the TPMS from the wheel, had the wheel powder-coated a high gloss black, and installed a new stainless steel valve stem.

So, all the GL-1800 wheels will fit a F6B.

Thanks Miles, I do like the black, offset by chrome look, would be nice to have the tires swapped at the dealer before I bring it home.

Steve 0080
01-19-2014, 11:18 PM
As most know...I am a fan of black and chrome...to me it is b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l !!!!! I also agree there is a limit to either all black or to much chrome...

As far as swapping out wheels, the rear is a direct replacement.... the front, the spacer on the right side also needs to come from a bike with chrome wheels, our black wheel spacer will not work and I thing one other thing, sorry can not remember what the other thing is. I researched this when I was going to exchange wheels with a guy from TX with a GW....

choptop
01-20-2014, 05:06 AM
As most know...I am a fan of black and chrome...to me it is b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l !!!!! I also agree there is a limit to either all black or to much chrome...

As far as swapping out wheels, the rear is a direct replacement.... the front, the spacer on the right side also needs to come from a bike with chrome wheels, our black wheel spacer will not work and I thing one other thing, sorry can not remember what the other thing is. I researched this when I was going to exchange wheels with a guy from TX with a GW....

Thanks, if you remember that other thing, concerning swapping out to chrome on the front, I would appreciate a heads up.

Scotrod
01-20-2014, 09:00 AM
Did the polished wheel have ABS? Is 'the other thing' ABS related?

Steve 0080
01-20-2014, 09:56 AM
Choptop....if you are thinking about the wheel exchange, go by the local Honda shop and pull EVERY part number for every piece on the wheel assembly... keep in mind Honda changes part number for color as well. Sorry but I cannot remember the one part but I think it was a washer, and to my thinking maybe not a big deal...please check before doing the deal...

choptop
01-20-2014, 05:42 PM
Choptop....if you are thinking about the wheel exchange, go by the local Honda shop and pull EVERY part number for every piece on the wheel assembly... keep in mind Honda changes part number for color as well. Sorry but I cannot remember the one part but I think it was a washer, and to my thinking maybe not a big deal...please check before doing the deal...

Thanks, I will do that and the fact that I have to strip my wheels to send them in as a swap, I will have a pretty good idea. I have sent a message to the seller to see if he supplies any other chrome parts for the swap.

Scotrod
01-20-2014, 06:18 PM
Chop,

OEM wing wheels are (partially) polished. The wheels on the Wing above are OEM.

(Just saying this in case you are trying to get the same look as the bike above)

Brand new rear OEM Wing rims are reasonably easy to find due to Trike Builders. (Fronts are a different story)

I do like chrome, but dang,,, the rear wheel seldom sees the light of day!!!

I'd feel 'odd' if I only chromed the front, and I'd feel like I 'paid too much for something ya cant see' if I chromed the rear too! :shock:

choptop
01-20-2014, 09:09 PM
Chop,

OEM wing wheels are (partially) polished. The wheels on the Wing above are OEM.

(Just saying this in case you are trying to get the same look as the bike above)

Brand new rear OEM Wing rims are reasonably easy to find due to Trike Builders. (Fronts are a different story)

I do like chrome, but dang,,, the rear wheel seldom sees the light of day!!!

I'd feel 'odd' if I only chromed the front, and I'd feel like I 'paid too much for something ya cant see' if I chromed the rear too! :shock:

Being new to Honda's I did not realize the were partially polished at first. I may go w/the OEM for the rear especially since I am considering lowering it 1". But like you said about feeling "odd" about only chroming the front, just doesn't seem right.

austin_tech
01-20-2014, 09:33 PM

And another

The scooter in the background is sexier.

Steve 0080
01-20-2014, 09:43 PM
Progressive comes out with a 1 " lower cartridge in early March !!!

Choptop ...are you pulling the rotors as well? .... be careful before YOU give away a part you will have to buy again!!!

choptop
01-20-2014, 09:45 PM
Beauty is in the eye of da beholder.

ghostrider
01-21-2014, 08:29 AM
I must be a chrome guy. :shock: because I like the look of the black and the chrome. That looks well done.

jkelley
01-21-2014, 10:41 AM
I try to be open minded, thus the reason for opening up this thread. I believe to each his own, but honestly this is like putting a mustache on the Mona Lisa.........:icon_lol::stirthepot:

Scotrod
01-21-2014, 11:08 AM
Being new to Honda's I did not realize the were partially polished at first. I may go w/the OEM for the rear especially since I am considering lowering it 1". But like you said about feeling "odd" about only chroming the front, just doesn't seem right.

Just doesn't seem 'natural', I know!!!

I could see OEM rear and chrome front, if chrome was ones passion. Chrome does requires regular cleaning, and the rear wheel is a bugger to access if you don't have a tall lift/ table. Yet another reason to use the OEM rear.

FWIW, do not 'alter' your F6B rims unless you are positive you'll never want to use/sell 'em. GL rims are far more plentiful than OEM F6B rims,,, The dealer I got me rear wheel/tire combo from only had 1 F6B wheel and wanted more $$ for it than the GL wheel,,, I took the GL wheel.

choptop
01-21-2014, 06:14 PM

Choptop ...are you pulling the rotors as well? .... be careful before YOU give away a part you will have to buy again!!!

If I go the swap route w/the chromer, I strip my wheels and send just the wheel back to him. By the way, that shim?, on the front wheel, he chromes them for around 50.00 . I would obviously put back on the new wheels, what I took off. Still looking at this option, once I get a bike, and I am getting closer, I will still have (3) months before I can ride.

choptop
01-21-2014, 06:24 PM
Just doesn't seem 'natural', I know!!!

I could see OEM rear and chrome front, if chrome was ones passion. Chrome does requires regular cleaning, and the rear wheel is a bugger to access if you don't have a tall lift/ table. Yet another reason to use the OEM rear.

FWIW, do not 'alter' your F6B rims unless you are positive you'll never want to use/sell 'em. GL rims are far more plentiful than OEM F6B rims,,, The dealer I got me rear wheel/tire combo from only had 1 F6B wheel and wanted more $$ for it than the GL wheel,,, I took the GL wheel.

Have a table lift and love it. The chromer takes my rims plus $'s in the deal other wise it is 600.00 more w/out exchange and I don't think I can get 600.00 for these rims on the open market, but I could be wrong.

choptop
01-21-2014, 06:28 PM

Are we talking cartridge for the front or lowering shock for the rear ?

choptop
01-21-2014, 06:33 PM
I try to be open minded, thus the reason for opening up this thread. I believe to each his own, but honestly this is like putting a mustache on the Mona Lisa.........:icon_lol::stirthepot:

Personally I think Mona Lisa looks sexy as hell w/a stash. lol

jkelley
01-22-2014, 06:06 AM

Personally I think Mona Lisa looks sexy as hell w/a stash. lol

LOL, You ain't right at all.

ghostrider
01-22-2014, 10:04 AM
Oh!!!!! Does she have a mustache!!? .............oh now I see it! :icon_lol:

Steve 0080
01-22-2014, 11:31 AM
Choptop...here ya go..............

http://wingstuff.com/products/34033-progressive-monotube-fork-cartridge-kit-for-gold-wing-gl1800?from_search=1

choptop
01-22-2014, 07:00 PM
Thanks Steve 0080.