PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Annual Franklin NC Ride

BLACKBETTY12
01-21-2014, 11:29 AM
What are the dates this year for the event?

Phantom
01-21-2014, 02:33 PM
Early arrivals will roll in the Thursday afternoon before Labor Day weekend.

August 28th thru September 1st.

Steve 0080
01-21-2014, 03:04 PM
Aready have my room paid for !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Took care of that last year, same room.....

I am also going to the Darksiders ride in May.... they are have a " Polish ride" apparently everyone goes their own way each day and meets back to the hotel at a specfit time and then dinner and then tellin lies around the back door !!! Should be big fun!!!

I like this ideal as some times it can be like hearding cats !!! And everyone can bring their own GPS !!!!!

dickiedeals
01-21-2014, 04:06 PM
Early arrivals will roll in the Thursday afternoon before Labor Day weekend.

August 28th thru September 1st.

Are we sure of these dates? I had written different dates in my notes a few months ago. I need to know for sure so I can register the wife and I soon......Dickie

MichaelG
01-21-2014, 04:17 PM
Are we sure of these dates? I had written different dates in my notes a few months ago. I need to know for sure so I can register the wife and I soon......Dickie

Dickie, as per a 2014 calendar, those ARE the correct dates. Just looked it up.

Now, regarding the MAY ride-in for the Darksiders in Franklin, NC, does anyone have dates for that yet ?????? I like the idea of the Polish Ride.:039:

"coffee"

Steve 0080
01-21-2014, 06:41 PM
http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?1359-Dark-Side-ride-in

I think I will have 3 additional with me.... so far maybe 30 people coming including Yellow Wolf...

Dickie...The fall ride is about 4 rides into my year..I can only focus on one at a time...but when August gets closer if you want to ride up together let me know...

dickiedeals
01-21-2014, 07:27 PM
http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?1359-Dark-Side-ride-in

I think I will have 3 additional with me.... so far maybe 30 people coming including Yellow Wolf...

Dickie...The fall ride is about 4 rides into my year..I can only focus on one at a time...but when August gets closer if you want to ride up together let me know...

Yes I would enjoy company. I too have several rides scheduled before then and I'm sure a few more will pop up between now and then. I'll look you up closer to Aug.
I have a couple HD riding buddies that have shown interest in riding to Franklin with me. I hope The HD's are welcome as well?...................Dickie

Steve 0080
01-21-2014, 08:32 PM
Of course !!!!!!!!!!!! The more the merrier !!!!!!!!!!!

CarolinaRider
01-22-2014, 12:54 PM
You guys realize that Labor Day weekend is the first day you can go out and shoot Dove right. Decision, decision!. Maybe come for Thursday, Friday & Saturday back home Sunday and get ready to shoot the allusive white-tail dove.

Hornblower
01-22-2014, 05:10 PM
You guys realize that Labor Day weekend is the first day you can go out and shoot Dove right. Decision, decision!. Maybe come for Thursday, Friday & Saturday back home Sunday and get ready to shoot the allusive white-tail dove.

Nothing wrong with doing both. OTOH, if you're like me at last year's rally, you won't want to leave :icon_biggrin:

bubbaj1
01-23-2014, 07:38 PM
I am planning on being there from east tenn. See you all there.

dickiedeals
01-23-2014, 10:40 PM
Are you guys bringing your wife's? Or is this a leave your spouse home event>......................Dickie

Hornblower
01-24-2014, 09:40 AM
Are you guys bringing your wife's? Or is this a leave your spouse home event>......................Dickie

Last year, some did and some didn't. It's completely optional. It seems to depend on whether your wife enjoys being an F6B passenger. What I thought was a complete "hoot" was Big Dawg showing up to lead the fast group with his wife on the back...and he did! :yikes:

Steve 0080
01-24-2014, 02:20 PM
The sad part is Jimmy slowed down because of his wife !!!!!!!!!!!! Can you imagine w/o her ???? Better bring your racing suit !!!

Hornblower
01-29-2014, 08:32 AM
Phantom--This may have been posted somewhere else but has a special discount rate been arranged at Microtel for the Franklin rally? Also, looking at the dates of 8/28-9/1, which is Thursday through Monday, is anything actually scheduled for Monday or is that just a "going home" day? BTW, thanks to you and Steve for all the work you're doing to set this rally up. The one last year was quite possibly the most organized and well-run rally I've ever attended. .notworthy.

Phantom
01-29-2014, 08:32 PM
Phantom--This may have been posted somewhere else but has a special discount rate been arranged at Microtel for the Franklin rally? Also, looking at the dates of 8/28-9/1, which is Thursday through Monday, is anything actually scheduled for Monday or is that just a "going home" day? BTW, thanks to you and Steve for all the work you're doing to set this rally up. The one last year was quite possibly the most organized and well-run rally I've ever attended. .notworthy.

Ken, Steve and I Thank You for the compliments.

Here is the Schedule ......

2014 2nd ANNUAL F6B Riders Rally

August 28th (Thursday) Early Arrivals, members start arriving mid/late afternoon. We will have a short ride to a nearby Restaurant for Dinner and return back to the tent for some tire kicking, enjoy a couple of drinks, look over the latest mods on the F6B's, story telling and the OFFICIAL "Burn Steve's GPS" Bonfire ... (very similar ceremony as the arrival of the Olympic torch into the Olympic Stadium, let the festivities begin). If Bonfire is not desired then thursday evening we can start installing our off-road CAR tires before we tackle any of the rides over the weekend.

August 29th (Friday) Nice 300+/- mile ride which includes Tail Of The Dragon (Departure time and detailed route to be determined), lunch at a TBD Restaurant. After lunch ... riding for another 4 hours and ending up at the Dillard House. After dinner we ride 20 minutes straight North to the Hotel. If you are attending the F6B Rally and arrive on Friday afternoon you are welcomed to join the "Friday Riders" for dinner at the Dillard House Restaurant which is only 20 minutes South of the Hotel and it's a GREAT family style restaurant.

August 30th (Saturday) Nice 200+/- mile ride which includes riding part of the Blue Ridge Parkway (Departure time and detailed route to be determined), lunch at a TBD Restaurant. After lunch ... riding for another 2 hours and ending up at the Hotel around 3pm. At 5pm we will line-up all of the F6B's and take a group photo. 6:00 - 6:30pm we'll have our BBQ Dinner, afterwards small raffle for goodies and door prizes. If we have a larger group then last year we may need a couple of volunteers to help with the grilling.

August 31st (Sunday) Is a day for those that want to do their own smaller group rides or venture out on their own. A strong recommendation is riding up to the Wheels through Time motorcycle museum in nearby Maggie Valley. Dinner to be held at one of the Restaurants adjacent to the Hotel. After dinner back to the tent for some drinks, stories and farewells.

September 1st (Monday - Memorial Day) 8:00am we extinguish Steve's GPS Bonfire, it is officially the end of the Rally and we depart for home.

NO FAST RIDE Runs (HIGH SKILLS REQUIRED) will be included or be part of our Rally. I just don't want to see anyone getting hurt :stretcher: If someone wants to test or prove their skills, I ask that you do it before you arrive or after the F6B Rally is over. When we stop at a gas station everyone needs to top off their fuel tank regardless of how much fuel you still have in the tank. Thank You for understanding. If you want to enjoy the scenery, ride some awesome roads, smell the roses, eat great food, have good times and enjoy the camaraderie.... JOIN US. 'riding'

:cheers: ________________________________ o ________________________________

I have Spoken with Candy and Jessica at the Microtel and YES they will give us the same rate as last year !!!
You must mention that you are with the "Honda F6B Riders" to get the $49 +tax 6.37= $55.37 per night rate. The Hotel has blocked off 30 rooms for us. Some of you may not recall but last year 2-3 weeks prior to the Rally the hotel was sold out both Friday and Saturday. A couple of last minute attendees ended up staying at another hotel at a much higher rate. YOU MUST RESERVE your room before July 22nd to get this rate, after July 22nd the rates will be between $64 and $84 plus tax per night if there are any rooms available.

Microtel Inn Franklin .... 81 Allman Drive, Franklin, NC 28734 # -----> 828 - 349 - 9000

We will have a Large tent once again and a Motorcycle Bath station nearby just like last year (throw a couple of old drying towels in a saddlebag just in case the hotel runs out of old towels). The large shipping container that was being used for storage is supposed to be removed before our Rally which will give us much more parking.

Steve has told me that he will be going up in May to do a few dry runs and scout out possible new routes.
(I think he just wants to calibrate his GPS before the Rally :duck: )

Final details will Follow once we get closer to the event.

WHO'S ATTENDING ???? 'party'

Limbuck
01-29-2014, 09:08 PM
Mary and I plan on being there, on our F8B.

Phantom
01-29-2014, 09:17 PM

'all/right' :cheers:

Are you saying that you will have the FIRST 2015 F8B to show us, now I know why you were selling that 6 cylinder slouch:tomatohit:

GLAD to see that both of you will be there again !!!!

Hornblower
01-30-2014, 09:55 AM

What :icon_rolleyes:, have you been messin' with us all this time, Ricky? An F8B, really? :shrug:

Hornblower
01-30-2014, 10:26 AM
Phantom--Once again, I must say...truly outstanding job on the details outlined above :clap2:. You are THE MAN :041:

bubbaj1
01-30-2014, 06:45 PM
I will plan on being there. I will coming from madisonville tn on Friday. I enjoy smelling the roses and cruising. See you there

hiflyer
01-31-2014, 07:44 AM
OK! I can't think of anything I would rather do than commit to M/C rides. Thanks to the efforts all you guys are making for the coming riding season. So I will be there. Now three rides on the calendar.....both coasts covered!

opas ride
01-31-2014, 11:47 AM
I have a son in the Marines who lives in the Havelock area by the base at Cherry Point NC..Anyone familiar with this area know how far it is from where the bike rally will be...I might ride down to NC and have my wife follow in the car as she does not ride....Thanks

Phantom
01-31-2014, 11:58 AM
I have a son in the Marines who lives in the Havelock area by the base at Cherry Point NC..Anyone familiar with this area know how far it is from where the bike rally will be...I might ride down to NC and have my wife follow in the car as she does not ride....Thanks

445 miles , 7-8 hours

Darkknight
02-03-2014, 05:16 AM
I have been planning on this since I missed last year. I look forward to putting names and faces together!

bigdew
02-03-2014, 10:21 AM
Sucks I am going to miss this year. Heading over the waters to Afghanistan for my 4th deployment. Will make it for 2015 but got to sit out on 2014. See you guys soon.

CarolinaRider
02-03-2014, 10:26 AM
That should be the only reason!

Stay safe!

Hornblower
02-03-2014, 03:33 PM
Reservations made for Deer Slayer and myself. Looking forward to it :icon_biggrin: We plan to arrive Thursday afternoon and depart Sunday morning.

Steve 0080
02-03-2014, 04:58 PM
Next Year !!!!!! Big Dew !!!!!!

BLACKBETTY12
02-04-2014, 09:29 PM
Reservations are made and can't wait to see everyone again! It's still early, so I hope that we have a lot of new people attend this year as well.

Bama Bagger
02-22-2014, 05:15 PM
It's only 260 miles or so for me depending on the route I choose. I am going to try to make it but my youngest starts 10th. Grade in early August. :yikes: It's tough being a widowed parent!!!

CaptRob
03-15-2014, 10:38 PM
I just discovered this ride. So, easy ride from Atl. 99% I'll see you guys there!'riding'

dickiedeals
03-16-2014, 05:50 AM
It's only 260 miles or so for me depending on the route I choose. I am going to try to make it but my youngest starts 10th. Grade in early August. :yikes: It's tough being a widowed parent!!!

Roll Tide!..............................Dickie

projectapollo
03-16-2014, 06:32 AM
I am planning on being there. Nice ride from Knoxville.

choptop
03-16-2014, 12:47 PM
Have not made reservations yet but my plans are, at this time , to attend the NC get together. Will be coming from 1,100 miles away.
Hope it all works out.

Phantom
03-16-2014, 11:40 PM
:cheers:

It will be a great event , let's ride 'riding'

Hambly434
03-21-2014, 09:50 AM
Just made reservations. My wife and I and another couple on a 06 goldwing.
Thanks for planning the event.

dickiedeals
03-21-2014, 04:37 PM
I am planning on being there. Nice ride from Knoxville.

My sister lives in Knoxville. I'll look you up when I go visit. Might be riding up weekend after next..Dickie

Phantom
03-23-2014, 09:19 AM
:cheers:

Alright everyone.

I need to start planning the logistics, I am glad to see that we will have a larger turn out this year :icon_cool::yes:

Placing faces with forum names is always nice, enjoying each others camaraderie is great, having the most F6B's in one location in the WORLD is a sight to see, looking at everyones modifications is always nice to see if you have been on the fence about a particular mod and having a nice BBQ under the big tent on Saturday evening with everyone is always enjoyable.

I will be locking down this thread and asking that everyone start posting on the following thread so that I don't have to go back and forth between threads to determine who is attending. Just trying to avoid multiple threads on the same topic.

Please visit the following thread ....

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?1645-August-2014-2nd-Annual-F6B-Rally