PDA

View Full Version : red f6b paint

slider
01-21-2014, 07:46 PM
just bought new red f6b.i was wondering if anyone has got any answers from honda on the sorry paint.hondas customer service was no help,and my dealer seems to think they should fix any problems.they told the local honda rep but have not been contacted by him as they said he would.any help would be greatly appreciated.this is by far to nice of a bike to be having problems like this with 1500 miles.

bob109
01-21-2014, 08:34 PM
just bought new red f6b.i was wondering if anyone has got any answers from honda on the sorry paint.hondas customer service was no help,and my dealer seems to think they should fix any problems.they told the local honda rep but have not been contacted by him as they said he would.any help would be greatly appreciated.this is by far to nice of a bike to be having problems like this with 1500 miles.

Forget about getting any remedy from Honda! With that said, get a can of Liquid Glass and apply no less than four coats. Follow the application directions which recommends letting each coat bake in the sun to cure the finish. Once that's done maintain the finish by cleaning the bike with Lemon Pledge. You'll have a "rock hard gloss" which is easy to maintain.

I just turned 12K miles on my red 13 and it looks like new. With all the emphasis placed on the subject of "soft paint", I've closely checked all painted surfaces for paint chips and there isn't a single one.

Ride it and enjoy it:icon_wink:

slider
01-21-2014, 08:47 PM
where can i find liquid glass?

Big Jay
01-21-2014, 08:51 PM
I found some at Autozone .

bob109
01-21-2014, 09:30 PM

Check with your local auto stores. The is no mistaking Liquid Glass! A metal can with a vintage Vette on the front!

Here's a pic of the can!

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/rodi_2269_1524534616

BIGLRY
01-21-2014, 09:33 PM
Not legal to sell in Calif. due to C.A.R.B. EPA or some other cash cow Calif. govern agency regulations:wrong: so I have my daughter in UT send it to me, she gets it from Auto Zone. There are a few online site that will ship interstate for the Calif. users.

slider
01-21-2014, 09:38 PM
Thanks brothers.will look for.

MichaelG
01-21-2014, 09:51 PM
A metal can with a vintage Vet on the front!

Bob, I swear to you that when I read.....a metal can with a vintage vet on the front....I was thinking you meant a WWII soldier, or maybe even a WWI doughboy soldier. I didn't know you meant...a Corvette. We...on the Best Coast...calls those a Vette.:icon_wink:

"coffee"

opas ride
01-21-2014, 09:51 PM
Forget about getting any remedy from Honda! With that said, get a can of Liquid Glass and apply no less than four coats. Follow the application directions which recommends letting each coat bake in the sun to cure the finish. Once that's done maintain the finish by cleaning the bike with Lemon Pledge. You'll have a "rock hard gloss" which is easy to maintain.

I just turned 12K miles on my red 13 and it looks like new. With all the emphasis placed on the subject of "soft paint", I've closely checked all painted surfaces for paint chips and there isn't a single one.

Glad to see someone that tried to tackle the paint issue without posting a bunch of complaints about the Honda paint process that is apparently going nowhere.....

bob109
01-21-2014, 10:44 PM
Bob, I swear to you that when I read.....a metal can with a vintage vet on the front....I was thinking you meant a WWII soldier, or maybe even a WWI doughboy soldier. I didn't know you meant...a Corvette. We...on the Best Coast...calls those a Vette.:icon_wink:

"coffee"

I stand corrected:shhh:

Having owned three Vette's I should have known better:icon_rolleyes:

I'll make a correction to the post:041:

Texas TC
01-22-2014, 09:00 AM
I have found my red F6B is holding up pretty well after 11 months and 16000 miles. I have only cleaned it with water, Pledge, and spray wax. However, didn't buy it for a show bike, I bought it to ride and man is it fun for that purpose.:icon_lol:

Limbuck
01-22-2014, 08:47 PM

Just an Amen on liquid glass. I have no paint issues. I used it since day one and I feel it has really protected and enhanced. Found mine at Autozone also. Wal-Mart here no got it.