PDA

View Full Version : Center Stand Installed

bob109
05-20-2013, 10:35 AM
Having purchased a Basic F6B, my bike had no factory installed center stand. Bought one off E-Bay and procured the mounting hardware from Partzilla. Had to wait over two weeks for the hardware as some components were on back-order from Honda. Finally having all the parts on hand it took approximately 1/2 hour for the installation. The hardest part would have been the spring but using a method of placing 11 each 1/16" thick washers between the spring coils it went on without any hassle.

This is the first cycle I'v owned with a center stand and I was a little intimidated the first few tries of placing the bike on the stand. After several on/off cycles it's now a breeze.

I used a procedure on my previous cycles where I drove the bike onto 2"x12"X24" boards and placed a 2"x4" under the kickstand. It gave me plenty of room for oil changes and used that same procedure for the F6B center stand.

Contrary to what the Service and Owners Manual say, there is no need to remove the front lower cowl for oil/filter changes:icon_wink: There's plenty of room with the bike straight up.

edgeman55
05-20-2013, 11:14 AM
Looks good Bob.I have one coming Wed that I scored on E bay with hardware brand new that came off from a dealer that triked a new bike.So when you say washers in the spring coils I figure you pushed a washer into each coil space and that extended the spring enough to hook on with ease?That was the only part of the job that worried me.Anywhere I could get a exploded view of the setup as I have not bought a service manual yet.Thanks

MercuryF1
05-20-2013, 11:31 AM
I purchased a basic too. i have also ordered a Ride Off Stand that has yet to arrive.

Just had a thought ... would I need to get additional mounting hardware? Has anyone installed a Ride Off Stand onto the F6B?

bob109
05-20-2013, 11:33 AM
Looks good Bob.I have one coming Wed that I scored on E bay with hardware brand new that came off from a dealer that triked a new bike.So when you say washers in the spring coils I figure you pushed a washer into each coil space and that extended the spring enough to hook on with ease?That was the only part of the job that worried me.Anywhere I could get a exploded view of the setup as I have not bought a service manual yet.Thanks

Your right on about the washers. I placed one end of the spring in my bench vise and bent it to start each washer. After all washers were in place I seated them with a small hammer. Make sure you install the washers so that they are on the bottom of the spring when in place. Use a pliers to remove each washer and you're golden.

Do a Google on Honda F6B and find the Power Sports sight. Look under accessories.

Texas TC
05-20-2013, 11:39 AM
I have the Deluxe so it came with the center stand. Prior to moving to GoldWings a few years ago, it had been many years of motorcycles (Harleys) with only side stands. I rarely, if at all, use the center stand when I park. However, it is great to have when servicing or working on the bike.

MercuryF1
06-12-2013, 01:14 PM
Looks good Bob.I have one coming Wed that I scored on E bay with hardware brand new that came off from a dealer that triked a new bike.

i am looking to buy a set of mounting hardware to mount the 'ride of Center center stand' to my basic. Any links or recommendations?

bob109
06-12-2013, 05:04 PM
i am looking to buy a set of mounting hardware to mount the 'ride of Center center stand' to my basic. Any links or recommendations?

Partzilla has the hardware. Do a search and you'll find everything you need. There are seven items needed to do the install. i paid $30.00 for all which included shipping.

P.S. Goldwings 2002 thru 2013 use the same center stand!

RRF6B
06-25-2013, 08:37 PM
My center stand is coming tomorrow. Russellville has a couple more "takeoffs" on Ebay for $99 + shipping hardware included.

edgeman55
06-26-2013, 12:58 PM
My center stand is coming tomorrow. Russellville has a couple more "takeoffs" on Ebay for $99 + shipping hardware included.

I got one of these and it was a brand new centerstand with hardware but it did not come with the spring bolt that goes on the bike frame.The standard F6B's do not have this part installed.I ordered it from Honda dealer and it took 3 weeks to get off backorder-Must be a lot of centerstands being installed!!By the way thanks to all for the washer idea it worked great to get taht spring installed without killing myself trying to pull it on.

RRF6B
06-26-2013, 10:53 PM
Stand came today (two days from Russellville) and got it on in about 30 minutes. All the hardware was attached in a bag.

Other than the one left handed bolt, it went on really easy. And the washer trick made easy work of the spring.

I really like this stand. Makes it easy to clean and takes up less room in the garage!

RRF6B