PDA

View Full Version : August 2014 .... 2nd Annual F6B Rally

Phantom
01-30-2014, 08:33 PM
:cheers:

Since the details were somewhat buried in another thread, it's been suggested that I start a fresh thread dedicated to the Rally.

2014 2nd ANNUAL F6B Riders Rally ..... LABOR DAY Weekend

August 28th (Thursday) Early Arrivals, members start arriving mid/late afternoon. We will have a short ride to a nearby Restaurant for Dinner and return back to the tent for some tire kicking, enjoy a couple of drinks, look over the latest mods on the F6B's, story telling and the OFFICIAL "Burn Steve's GPS" Bonfire ... (very similar ceremony as the arrival of the Olympic torch into the Olympic Stadium, let the festivities begin). If Bonfire is not desired then thursday evening we can start installing our off-road CAR tires before we tackle any of the rides over the weekend.

August 29th (Friday) Nice 250+/- mile ride which includes Tail Of The Dragon & Cherohala (Departure time and detailed route to be determined), lunch at a TBD Restaurant. After lunch ... riding for another 3 hours and ending up at the Dillard House. After dinner we ride 20 minutes straight North to the Hotel. If you are attending the F6B Rally and arrive on Friday afternoon you are welcomed to join the "Friday Riders" for dinner at the Dillard House Restaurant which is only 20 minutes South of the Hotel and it's a GREAT family style restaurant.

August 30th (Saturday) Nice 200+/- mile ride which includes riding part of the Blue Ridge Parkway (Departure time and detailed route to be determined), lunch at a TBD Restaurant. After lunch ... riding for another 2 hours and ending up at the Hotel around 3pm. At 5pm we will line-up all of the F6B's and take a group photo. 6:00 - 6:30pm we'll have our BBQ Dinner, afterwards small raffle for goodies and door prizes. If we have a larger group then last year we may need a couple of volunteers to help with the grilling.

August 31st (Sunday) Is a day for those that want to do their own smaller group rides or venture out on their own. A strong recommendation is riding up to the Wheels through Time motorcycle museum in nearby Maggie Valley. Dinner to be held at one of the Restaurants adjacent to the Hotel. After dinner back to the tent for some drinks, stories and farewells.

September 1st (Monday - Labor Day) 8:00am we extinguish Steve's GPS Bonfire, it is officially the end of the Rally and we depart for home.

NO FAST RIDE Runs (HIGH SKILLS REQUIRED) will be included or be part of our Rally. I just don't want to see anyone getting hurt :stretcher: If someone wants to test or prove their skills, I ask that you do it before you arrive or after the F6B Rally is over. When we stop at a gas station everyone needs to top off their fuel tank regardless of how much fuel you still have in the tank. Thank You for understanding. If you want to enjoy the scenery, ride some awesome roads, smell the roses, eat great food, have good times and enjoy the camaraderie.... JOIN US. 'riding'

:cheers: ________________________________ o ________________________________

I have Spoken with Candy and Jessica at the Microtel and YES they will give us the same rate as last year !!!
You must mention that you are with the "Honda F6B Riders" to get the $49 +tax 6.37= $55.37 per night rate. The Hotel has blocked off 30 rooms for us. Some of you may not recall but last year 2-3 weeks prior to the Rally the hotel was sold out both Friday and Saturday. A couple of last minute attendees ended up staying at another hotel at a much higher rate. YOU MUST RESERVE your room before July 22nd to get this rate, after July 22nd the rates will be between $64 and $84 plus tax per night if there are any rooms available.

Microtel Inn Franklin .... 81 Allman Drive, Franklin, NC 28734 # -----> 828 - 349 - 9000

We will have a Large tent once again and a Motorcycle Bath station nearby just like last year (throw a couple of old drying towels in a saddlebag just in case the hotel runs out of old towels). The large shipping container that was being used for storage is supposed to be removed before our Rally which will give us much more parking.

Steve has told me that he will be going up in May to do a few dry runs and scout out possible new routes.
(I think he just wants to calibrate his GPS before the Rally :duck: )

WHO'S ATTENDING ???? 'party'

Phantom
03-23-2014, 09:29 AM
:cheers: 'all/right'
:headbang:_ :eat1: _ .dickie-deals._ :beer3: _:bbq2: _ 'riding' _ :poke::crackup: _ :motorcycle2: _ :tools1: _ :biker:

List of Attendees ....

1COOLMC
3putt & Spouse
BarryS770
BigDawg & Spouse
BlackBetty12
bubbaj1
CaptBob
CarolinaRider
Choptop
Darkknight
DeerSlayer
Darkknight & Spouse
Dickiedeals & Spouse
Dwight
Exbmwrider
F6Pilot
Firetech
Fla_Rider & Spouse
FlatSixBagger & Spouse
Hambly434 & Spouse
Hambly's guest & Spouse
hiflyer
HornBlower
Jkelley
Johnny-B & Spouse
Limbuck & Mary
Monchie
Phantom
Projectapollo
Rickw
Royr
six2go
Skully (Bill)
SCMike & Spouse
Scottrod & Spouse
Scottydi
Steve 0080
Stick
USMCWing & Susie
Wild Bill & Spouse
Zzh54

Steve 0080
05-29-2014, 09:25 PM
Are there any suggestions for rides, routes and or destinations….???? Do we have anyone who would like to lead or make up a route for this event?

This is a group event and it would be nice if we received ideals from the group!!!

steve

bubbaj1
05-31-2014, 06:33 PM
There are a ton of excellent roads close by. Skyway fontana ocoee loop. Helen ga bridal veil falls. Wheels through time. And so many more.. if interested I have talked to a dealer in knoxville tn about maybe a cookout or something, I can follow up if interested.

Fla_rider
06-09-2014, 08:52 PM
Ok I'm coming out of SFLA. It's 700+ miles to Franklin. Any recommendations?:yikes:

Phantom
06-09-2014, 09:24 PM
Ok I'm coming out of SFLA. It's 700+ miles to Franklin. Any recommendations?:yikes:
Leave wednesday afternoon, ride 6-7 hours, spend the night in Lake City. Following morning (Thursday) ride up with the group.'riding'

Fla_rider
06-10-2014, 06:42 AM
Is there a post on where to meet for the Florida Gang? Think I'll spend Wednesday night in St. Augustine.

firetech
06-10-2014, 09:46 PM
Add me to the list!!!!!!

Well I just found out that my wife surprised me and booked me a room at the Microtel. :banana:
What a great wife I tell ya.
Can't wait to see recently met friends and make new ones.
I'm planning on leaving mid-west FL on Wednesday late afternoon and traveling about 1/2 way.
If anyone would like to meet up let me know.
Also curious about the Thursday morning group meet????

Phantom
06-10-2014, 09:53 PM
Add me to the list!!!!!!

Well I just found out that my wife surprised me and booked me a room at the Microtel. :banana:
What a great wife I tell ya.
Can't wait to see recently met friends and make new ones.
I'm planning on leaving mid-west FL on Wednesday late afternoon and traveling about 1/2 way.
If anyone would like to meet up let me know.
Also curious about the Thursday morning group meet????

She's a KEEPER :paintnails: !!!! Looking forward in seeing you again :icon_cool::yes:

Todd, here's the link ….. http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?2783-FLORIDA-members-going-to-the-F6B-Rally

Johnny-B
06-14-2014, 08:00 PM
Hornblower suggested we come from Augusta area, and after hearing all the good things about the rally, and wife's birthday on the 28th of August, we just reserved our room for Saturday and Sunday nights, Thanks Ken and look forward to meeting other F6Bers!

Scotrod
06-15-2014, 07:32 AM
Looks like a lot of the 'East of the Mississippi' folks are gonna be there,,,

Also, (not related to "east", just curious,,,) will there be a prize for the "Snail of the Dragon"???

Phantom
06-15-2014, 07:54 AM

Also, (not related to "east", just curious,,,) will there be a prize for the "Snail of the Dragon"???

:nono:

Tail of the dragon ride will have a comfortable pace for everyone :icon_cool::yes:

Exbmwrider
06-15-2014, 07:07 PM

And at least one of us from the Wild, Wild West! Anyone else from PNW/CA/NV/AZ going to ride back? I'll be leaving from Reno on Monday the 25th, arriving in Franklin on the 28th.

choptop
06-15-2014, 07:26 PM
I regret that I must remove my name from the list of attendees, hopefully next year. Employee cuts in my department mean I will have to work the Minnesota state fair, before the cuts , I was good to go.

Phantom
06-15-2014, 08:16 PM
I regret that I must remove my name from the list of attendees, hopefully next year. Employee cuts in my department mean I will have to work the Minnesota state fair, before the cuts , I was good to go.

No need to remove your name yet, you may just hit the lottery between now and then. I will confirm one month out.

Scotrod
06-15-2014, 09:55 PM
will there be a prize for the "Snail of the Dragon"???

Tail of the dragon ride will have a comfortable pace for everyone :icon_cool::yes:

I already know I'll never be the fastest,,,,, wouldn't even bother to try,,, so with the exact opposite in mind,,, I thought maybe,,,,,,, well,,,,,, you know,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

,,,,aw JEEEZ!!! :tissue:

Ya see! Every time I think I might be good at something, might be able to grab that golden ring,,,, my hopes are dashed!!! 'kickthecan'

Deer Slayer
06-16-2014, 09:16 PM
45 and counting :cheers: 'all/right'

I would STRONGLY recommend that you reserve your rooms if you haven't done so !!!!!!

Grreat! :041:

Darkknight
06-20-2014, 01:02 PM
I expect to make the reservations this weekend for the Franklin Rally. It will be about a 900 mile ride so sweetie and I are planning on taking 2 days to get there. I don't want to be too tired and not enjoy the riding once we get there. I'll have to look into a stopping point at about 500 miles. That will still be a couple long days, but it's all part of the game.
I hope to leave here on 8/27 and arrive in Franklin on 8/28. Then enjoy the rally Friday, Saturday and Sunday, then leave before dawn on Monday. Of course this will be the longest ride I've ever taken so if the ride is too brutal we may adjust the departure day accordingly.

jkelley
06-20-2014, 02:14 PM
Room reserved!

Phantom
06-20-2014, 03:26 PM
It will be about a 900 mile ride so sweetie and I are planning on taking 2 days to get there.

Room reserved!

:Saweeet smilie:

:biggthumpup:

48 and counting :cheers: 'all/right'

I would STRONGLY recommend that you reserve your rooms if you haven't done so !!!!!!

Wild Bill
06-22-2014, 12:08 PM
Room is booked for the 30th...

Darkknight
06-23-2014, 10:56 AM
I expect to make the reservations this weekend for the Franklin Rally. It will be about a 900 mile ride so sweetie and I are planning on taking 2 days to get there. I don't want to be too tired and not enjoy the riding once we get there. I'll have to look into a stopping point at about 500 miles. That will still be a couple long days, but it's all part of the game.
I hope to leave here on 8/27 and arrive in Franklin on 8/28. Then enjoy the rally Friday, Saturday and Sunday, then leave before dawn on Monday. Of course this will be the longest ride I've ever taken so if the ride is too brutal we may adjust the departure day accordingly.

We booked the room in Franklin and should be there on the evening of 8/28 and leave very early 8/31. Only a couple days, but it will be a long ride back here and I'll need a day of rest before I return to work.
It will be quite an adventure. I'm guessing around 2500 miles in 6 days (much more than I've ever done). Although I'm told that once I see the scenic beauty and experience some of the best motorcycle routes in the country, I won't want to come back to CT.

SmallPasture
07-01-2014, 08:09 AM
Have a great time for me! :clap2:

Fla_rider
07-02-2014, 08:08 PM
How many of us are representing the Sunshine state and going to the rally? :bronze07:

Phantom
07-02-2014, 08:15 PM
How many of us are representing the Sunshine state and going to the rally? :bronze07:

Too early to tell but looks like around 10+/-

Scotrod
07-03-2014, 12:50 PM
'Maybe' for Mr. and Mrs. Scotrod,,,

Buncha stuff goin on, plus a major 'post GE buy-out' ~shake-down/management change~ at the wife's office has got everyone wondering if things that we OK'ed before are still OK now,,, Pins and needles for now,,,,

Phantom
07-03-2014, 01:06 PM

:icon_cool::yes:

:beer3:

Fla_rider
07-05-2014, 09:32 PM
What sort of weather should we prepare for, up in them hills.

Phantom
07-05-2014, 10:18 PM

65-70 in the morning going up to 75-80 :icon_wink::yes:

The GPS fire pit will be burning for those that need a heat source in the morning and we will have fire water in the evening :shhh:

FlatSixBagger
07-06-2014, 02:25 AM
Unfortunately life happens and I will no longer be able to attend.

CarolinaRider
07-06-2014, 07:12 AM

We will be in Gods Country. I know no better place and the weather is fine, Come on in.

six2go
07-09-2014, 04:07 PM
I'm in!!!!! Looking forward to meeting you folks since I'm new here. I haven't found anywhere to register for the gathering, or isn't it that formal?

Paul B Blues
07-10-2014, 11:11 AM
As much as I'd love to make it over this year I'm afraid it's not possible. My brother who was due to travel with me has recently undergone some heart surgery in Germany and is grounded for the next few months. I will be over next year, come Hell of High Water.....;wcsmiley;

zzh54
07-12-2014, 01:46 PM
If the world keeps turning and family stay healthy, I will be in for the super nice weekend. I booked my room, now all there is to do is to tell wife and boss that I not be around them days. :shhh: :icon_doh:

Scotrod
07-17-2014, 12:38 PM

No real changes in status for me and the Mrs. Our intentions are to be there during (and several days after) the Rally.

Barring any 'major malfunctions', it should happen. :icon_wink:

F6Pilot
07-17-2014, 07:15 PM
Reservations made. Traveling up afternoon/evening of the 28th and departing sometime on the 30th.

Phantom
07-17-2014, 08:21 PM
55 and counting :cheers: 'all/right'

dwight
07-17-2014, 08:54 PM
test from dwight ....

Back in the saddle on the faster yellow F6b looking forward to return to that dragon

Stick
07-18-2014, 08:23 PM
Room reserved. Sure lookin forward to it!

Phantom
07-18-2014, 11:18 PM
:headbang:_ :eat1: _ .dickie-deals._ :beer3: _:bbq2: _ 'riding' _ :poke::crackup: _ :motorcycle2: _ :tools1: _ :biker:

List of Attendees ....

1COOLMC
3putt & Spouse
Badpapi
BarryS770
BigDawg & Spouse
BlackBetty12
bubbaj1
CaptBob
CarolinaRider
Choptop
Darkknight
DeerSlayer
Darkknight & Spouse
Dickiedeals & Spouse
Dwight
Exbmwrider
F6Pilot
Firetech
Fla_Rider & Spouse
FlatSixBagger & Spouse
Hambly434 & Spouse
Hambly's guest & Spouse
hiflyer
HornBlower
Jkelley
Johnny-B & Spouse
Limbuck & Mary
Monchie
Phantom
Projectapollo
Rickw
Royr
six2go
Skully (Bill)
SCMike & Spouse
Scottrod & Spouse
Scottydi
Steve 0080
Stick
USMCWing & Susie
Wild Bill & Spouse
Zzh54

56 and counting :cheers: 'all/right'

badpapi
07-19-2014, 07:02 PM
I'm trying to contact the hotel to make a reservation .
but i have no luck yet, i will try in business hours tomorrow and Monday .
if i cant find a room there i will take on somewhere close to it .
now i have to start preparing to Meet you all !

i'm planing on trailing the bike either all the way there or to maryland where i have family we will see wath i can come up with between here and the 27 .

Phantom
07-19-2014, 07:37 PM

List of Attendees ....

1COOLMC
3putt & Spouse
Badpapi
BarryS770
BigDawg & Spouse
BlackBetty12
bubbaj1
CaptBob
CarolinaRider
Choptop
cwjj2001
Darkknight
DeerSlayer
Darkknight & Spouse
Dickiedeals & Spouse
Dwight
Exbmwrider
F6Pilot
Firetech
Fla_Rider & Spouse
FlatSixBagger & Spouse
Hambly434 & Spouse
Hambly's guest & Spouse
hiflyer
HornBlower
Jkelley
Johnny-B & Spouse
Limbuck & Mary
Monchie
Phantom
Projectapollo
Rickw
Rickw's Son
Royr
six2go
Skully (Bill)
SCMike & Spouse
Scottrod & Spouse
Scottydi
Steve 0080
Stick
USMCWing & Susie
Wild Bill & Spouse
Zzh54

58 and counting :cheers: 'all/right'

RickW
07-20-2014, 02:51 PM

List of Attendees ....

1COOLMC
3putt & Spouse
Badpapi
BarryS770
BigDawg & Spouse
BlackBetty12
bubbaj1
CaptBob
CarolinaRider
Choptop
Darkknight
DeerSlayer
Darkknight & Spouse
Dickiedeals & Spouse
Dwight
Exbmwrider
F6Pilot
Firetech
Fla_Rider & Spouse
FlatSixBagger & Spouse
Hambly434 & Spouse
Hambly's guest & Spouse
hiflyer
HornBlower
Jkelley
Johnny-B & Spouse
Limbuck & Mary
Monchie
Phantom
Projectapollo
Rickw
Royr
six2go
Skully (Bill)
SCMike & Spouse
Scottrod & Spouse
Scottydi
Steve 0080
Stick
USMCWing & Susie
Wild Bill & Spouse
Zzh54

56 and counting :cheers: 'all/right'

Make that 57. My son will be riding down with me also. He does not have a F6B, but should be good enough with my old Valkyrie.
Rege owner of TricLed wants to ride down with us also. He has the F6B Reverse Trike that a few of you saw down in Daytona this year. Not 100% if he is coming yet.
We will be riding back north a couple hundred miles on the Parkway on Monday of that weekend if anyone wants to join us.

Phantom
07-20-2014, 07:50 PM

RickW
07-21-2014, 04:50 AM

Make that 59, Rege from TricLed sent me a text and he is riding down with us also. He is on the road right now, so we are going to call today and make him a reservation.
Rick

Phantom
07-21-2014, 08:29 AM

List of Attendees ....

1COOLMC
3putt & Spouse
Badpapi
BarryS770
BigDawg & Spouse
BigDawg's son (Skip)
BigDew
BlackBetty12
bubbaj1
CaptBob
CarolinaRider
Choptop
Cwjj2001
Darkknight
DeerSlayer
Darkknight & Spouse
Dickiedeals & Spouse
Dwight
Exbmwrider
F6Pilot
Firetech
Fla_Rider & Spouse
FlatSixBagger & Spouse
Hambly434 & Spouse
Hambly's guest & Spouse
hiflyer
HornBlower
Jkelley
Johnny-B & Spouse
Limbuck & Mary
Lisa Sanders
Monchie
Phantom
Projectapollo
Rich
Rickw
Rickw's Son
Rickw's Guest (Rege)
Royr
six2go
Skully (Bill)
SCMike & Spouse
Scottrod & Spouse
Scottydi
Steve 0080
Stick
USMCWing & Susie
Wild Bill & Spouse
Zzh54

63 and counting :cheers: 'all/right'

Scotrod
07-21-2014, 12:48 PM
How many attended the first rally?

badpapi
07-22-2014, 03:37 PM
MY ROOM IS RESERVED AND THEY GRANTED THE F6B GATHERING PRICE :)
SO I JUST HAVE TO GET EVERYTHING READY TO :drive1:

rich
07-22-2014, 04:04 PM
I am lucky enough to reserve a room with the rally rates at this late date - :-)

Rich

Phantom
07-22-2014, 04:25 PM
How many attended the first rally?

26+/-

F6B's, GoldWings, Runes, a Yamaha and a Burgman

'riding'

bigdew
07-23-2014, 10:05 AM
I am just getting back from my deployment next week from Afghanistan so going to try to make it up Thursday night or early Friday morning and stay Saturday and head back Sunday if I can get everything situated. Got to get back on the bike again and ride the great routes.

SmallPasture
07-23-2014, 11:15 AM
I am just getting back from my deployment next week from Afghanistan so going to try to make it up Thursday night or early Friday morning and stay Saturday and head back Sunday if I can get everything situated. Got to get back on the bike again and ride the great routes.

Welcome home!! Thank you!!!:icon_smflag:

Phantom
07-23-2014, 12:26 PM

:Saweeet smilie: …… :biggthumpup:

Hornblower
07-23-2014, 02:09 PM

We'd be honored to have you join us :icon_smflag:

Phantom
07-23-2014, 09:13 PM

We'd be honored to have you join us :icon_smflag:
:icon_cool::yes: X 100

Phantom
07-28-2014, 11:41 AM
1COOLMC
3putt & Spouse
Badpapi
BarryS770
BigDawg & Spouse
BigDawg's son (Skip)
BigDew
BlackBetty12
bubbaj1
CaptBob
CarolinaRider
Choptop
Cwjj2001
Cwjj2001 guest
Darkknight & Sweetheart
DeerSlayer
Dickiedeals & Spouse
Dwight
Exbmwrider
F6Pilot
Firetech
Fla_Rider & Spouse
FlatSixBagger & Spouse
Hambly434 & Spouse
Hambly's guest & Spouse
hiflyer
HornBlower
Jkelley
Johnny-B & Spouse
Limbuck & Mary
Lisa Sanders
Monchie
Phantom
Projectapollo
Rich
Rickw
Rickw's Son
Rickw's Guest (Rege)
Royr
six2go
Skully (Bill)
SCMike & Spouse
Scottrod & Spouse
Scottydi
Steve 0080
Stick
USMCWing & Susie
Wild Bill & Spouse
Zzh54

64 and counting :cheers: 'all/right'

Phantom
07-28-2014, 11:45 AM
:039:

Time to see who is on the list and regretfully has had their plans change to where they cannot attend.

I need an accurate head count for Saturday's Dinner

Hornblower
07-28-2014, 12:35 PM

Time to see who is on the list and regretfully has had their plans change to where they cannot attend.

Count me in :039:

Scotrod
07-28-2014, 12:54 PM
No reason to believe wifey and I won't be there.

rich
07-28-2014, 05:20 PM

I'm in!

Rich

SCMike
07-28-2014, 05:32 PM
We're still in!

Wild Bill
07-28-2014, 05:42 PM
Wife and I.

Exbmwrider
07-28-2014, 06:19 PM
I'm in. Just 1

Hambly434
07-28-2014, 06:22 PM
Still in......4 total

Phantom
07-28-2014, 07:03 PM
:icon_redface:

Sorry for the confusion

I need to know who is on the list that is NOT coming.

Jerryleejr
07-29-2014, 10:33 AM
Don't add me to a list or anything but I may be in the area a couple days that weekend and try and swing by. I plan every labor day weekend to go to deals gap, sometimes I make it others I don't but already committed to a rally in November. Trying to still do the dragon over Labor Day.

JJ

Darkknight
07-31-2014, 06:09 AM
Well I'm listed as Darkknight and Darkknight and spouse.
So there will be only 2 of us attending.
And although my sweetheart grins from ear to ear when she is called my wife, my spouse or my better half, so far I'm hooked but not in the boat. We still have different last names. but she is the love of my life!

kentucky strong
07-31-2014, 07:08 AM
not me, but wish I could........work gets in the way of having fun.

Scotrod
07-31-2014, 07:44 AM
And although my sweetheart grins from ear to ear when she is called my wife, my spouse or my better half, so far I'm hooked but not in the boat. We still have different last names. but she is the love of my life!

'Legal' titles are of no real importance to me. The heart is what counts! :yes: :yes: :yes:

Phantom
07-31-2014, 08:41 AM
1COOLMC
3putt & Spouse
Badpapi
BarryS770
BigDawg & Spouse
BigDawg's son (Skip)
BigDew
BlackBetty12
bubbaj1
CaptBob
CarolinaRider
Choptop
Cwjj2001
Cwjj2001 guest
Darkknight & Sweetheart
DeerSlayer
Dickiedeals & Spouse
Dwight
Exbmwrider
F6Pilot
Firetech
Fla_Rider & Spouse
FlatSixBagger & Spouse
Hambly434 & Spouse
Hambly's guest & Spouse
hiflyer
HornBlower
Jkelley
Johnny-B & Spouse
Limbuck & Mary
Lisa Sanders
Monchie
Phantom
Projectapollo
Rich
Rickw
Rickw's Son
Rickw's Guest (Rege)
Royr
six2go
Skully (Bill)
SCMike & Spouse
Scottrod & Spouse
Scottydi
Steve 0080
Stick
USMCWing & Susie
Wild Bill & Spouse
Zzh54

63 and counting :cheers: 'all/right'

Fla_rider
07-31-2014, 08:57 AM

Well this should be a good Rally, maybe it's time to ask during the Rally!:clap2:

Darkknight
07-31-2014, 11:37 AM
'Legal' titles are of no real importance to me. The heart is what counts! :yes: :yes: :yes:

Yes, I agree.:yes: But being "legal":pop: has not been ruled out, just not at this time.
And VERY unlikely to be throwing around any "questions" at the rally!!!:nono:

I've never had it so good. Feeling grateful.:icon_wink:

jarhead22
07-31-2014, 03:50 PM
The Bride and I will be attending......could not confirm days off any earlier and the Microtel is booked up unless you want to bounce rooms for a few days. I ended up booking 4 nights at the Carolina Motel which is about 1 mile or so from the Microtel. Costs was a bit higher but sanitation grade is 100, or so they report. Hate havin to stay elsewhere didn't want to make reservations until i confirmed days off at work. :icon_mrgreen:

Phantom
07-31-2014, 04:02 PM
1COOLMC
3putt & Spouse
Badpapi
BarryS770
BigDawg & Spouse
BigDawg's son (Skip)
BigDew
BlackBetty12
bubbaj1
CaptBob
CarolinaRider
Choptop
Cwjj2001
Cwjj2001 guest
Darkknight & Sweetheart
DeerSlayer
Dickiedeals & Spouse
Dwight
Exbmwrider
F6Pilot
Firetech
Fla_Rider & Spouse
FlatSixBagger & Spouse
Hambly434 & Spouse
Hambly's guest & Spouse
hiflyer
HornBlower
Jarhead22 & Spouse
Jkelley
Johnny-B & Spouse
Limbuck & Mary
Lisa Sanders
Monchie
Phantom
Projectapollo
Rich
Rickw
Rickw's Son
Rickw's Guest (Rege)
Royr
six2go
Skully (Bill)
SCMike & Spouse
Scottrod & Spouse
Scottydi
Steve 0080
Stick
USMCWing & Susie
Wild Bill & Spouse
Zzh54

65 and counting :cheers: 'all/right'

firetech
07-31-2014, 05:43 PM
'party':headbang::041::biggthumpup::041::biggthump up::headbang:'party'

Four weeks and counting!!!

Scotrod
07-31-2014, 08:33 PM
Do we each get one of them stickers that says "Hello, my name is ____"

I can't remember 60 some odd names!!!

Scotrod
07-31-2014, 08:36 PM
If everyone on the list that's listed as 'spouse' does not bring their own bike, it looks like we will have close to 50 MC's,,, :yes:

imported_scottydi
07-31-2014, 08:43 PM
My dad will be joining me for this event, not sure if we will participate in group rides or just tour the area on our own, dad is on three wheels these days and dont want to be a hassle to the group.

Scottydi

Phantom
07-31-2014, 08:58 PM
Do we each get one of them stickers that says "Hello, my name is ____"

I can't remember 60 some odd names!!!

Everyone will get a neck Lanyard with a plastic ID holder, you'll need to write your name on a card and place it inside the ID holder

If everyone on the list that's listed as 'spouse' does not bring their own bike, it looks like we will have close to 50 MC's,,, :yes:

World's LARGEST Honda F6B gathering in one location :shhh:

My dad will be joining me for this event, not sure if we will participate in group rides or just tour the area on our own, dad is on three wheels these days and dont want to be a hassle to the group.

Scottydi I might be on a trike also, possibly riding with a recently zippered co-pilot :icon_wink:

Phantom
07-31-2014, 09:00 PM
1COOLMC
3putt & Spouse
Badpapi
BarryS770
BigDawg & Spouse
BigDawg's son (Skip)
BigDew
BlackBetty12
bubbaj1
CaptBob
CarolinaRider
Choptop
Cwjj2001
Cwjj2001 guest
Darkknight & Sweetheart
DeerSlayer
Dickiedeals & Spouse
Dwight
Exbmwrider
F6Pilot
Firetech
Fla_Rider & Spouse
FlatSixBagger & Spouse
Hambly434 & Spouse
Hambly's guest & Spouse
hiflyer
HornBlower
Jarhead22 & Spouse
Jkelley
Johnny-B & Spouse
Limbuck & Mary
Lisa Sanders
Monchie
Phantom
Projectapollo
Rich
Rickw
Rickw's Son
Rickw's Guest (Rege)
Royr
six2go
Skully (Bill)
SCMike & Spouse
Scottrod & Spouse
Scottydi
Scottydi's Father
Steve 0080
Stick
USMCWing
Wild Bill & Spouse
Zzh54

65 :cheers: 'all/right'

Scotrod
07-31-2014, 09:05 PM
I might be on a trike also, possibly riding with a recently zippered co-pilot :icon_wink:

HECK YEAH!!!! :yes: :yes: :yes:

(You did say co-pilot, not navigator, correct? :icon_biggrin: )

Phantom
07-31-2014, 09:13 PM
HECK YEAH!!!! :yes: :yes: :yes:

(You did say co-pilot, not navigator, correct? :icon_biggrin: )

:stirthepot:

:tomatohit::clap2::crackup::shhh:

mielelaw
08-01-2014, 12:43 AM
Anyone going through New Jersey? Thinking of going but hate riding alone.

Phantom
08-05-2014, 03:16 PM
:icon_wink::yes:

Hotel is SOLD OUT for Friday evening has a few rooms left for Saturday evening.

……………………………………………………………………………….

Saturday evening Dinner……
This weekend I will be ordering enough food for Members that have registered (65 total at this time).

If you're thinking of just "popping in for saturday's dinner" please register, we want to make sure that we order enough food.

So if you are coming …. sign up :icon_cool::yes:
We don't like surprises when we are planning for a group of this size.

………………………………………………………………………………..

1COOLMC
3putt & Spouse
Badpapi
BarryS770
BigDawg & Spouse
BigDawg's son (Skip)
BigDew
BlackBetty12
bubbaj1
CaptBob
CarolinaRider
Choptop
Cwjj2001
Cwjj2001 guest
Darkknight & Sweetheart
DeerSlayer
Dickiedeals & Spouse
Dwight
Exbmwrider
F6Pilot
Firetech
Fla_Rider & Spouse
FlatSixBagger & Spouse
Hambly434 & Spouse
Hambly's guest & Spouse
hiflyer
HornBlower
Jarhead22 & Spouse
Jkelley
Johnny-B & Spouse
Limbuck & Mary
Lisa Sanders
Monchie
Phantom
Projectapollo
Rich
Rickw
Rickw's Son
Rickw's Guest (Rege)
Royr
six2go
Skully (Bill)
SCMike & Spouse
Scottrod & Spouse
Scottydi
Scottydi's Father
Steve 0080
Stick
USMCWing
Wild Bill & Spouse
Zzh54

65 :cheers: 'all/right'

bubbaj1
08-12-2014, 06:50 PM
Looks like I am going to have to bow out for now, got too much other stuff going on. I will be there fri though riding, the rest of the time will be spent working.. lol you all have fun

Scotrod
08-12-2014, 07:14 PM
All systems 'go' here.

Better still, we'll be bringing both our bikes. :banana:

(For those that don't know, the Wife tangled with a dog and went down on Fathers day. Shattered clavicle, cracked ribs,,, (LHS) Wasn't sure if she'd be able to ride her own in Franklin,, :icon_frown:)

Wife and I put a few hours riding in last weekend,,, First time back on her bike since 'Doggy Day',,,

She's doin good!!!! No real problems,,, :yes:

She's still 'kinda overly cautious' (i.e. "slower than mud") in the corners... That's nothing new,,, It started about 2 yrs ago,, right after she low-sided in a sharp turn , torn rotator cuff and road rash. (RHS)

We'll see, but there's a chance she'll be riding on the back of mine for the TOTD. Don't want anyone to fall asleep riding behind her!!! LOL!!!

(Nah, she's a trooper!!! A 'very careful in the corners' trooper!!! :icon_biggrin:)

Wild Bill
08-12-2014, 07:32 PM
Our plans are to be there early sat.morning before everyone pulls out to go riden. And then spend the night. Question. do you all have a breakfast plan sat? Or just meet up at motel? Bill & Jodi

Phantom
08-12-2014, 08:44 PM
Looks like I am going to have to bow out for now, got too much other stuff going on. I will be there fri though riding, the rest of the time will be spent working.. lol you all have fun

On FRIDAY …..
We are coming OVER the hill from Franklin into your town for lunch, crossing over through the Cherohalla and then coming back through the Dragon.

Our plans are to be there early sat.morning before everyone pulls out to go riden. And then spend the night. Question. do you all have a breakfast plan sat? Or just meet up at motel? Bill & Jodi

SideStands up and Rolling between 8:15 and 8:30 am ….. We will have 3-4 groups departing 5 minutes apart from each other.

7:00 am Breakfast will be at the hotel lobby for most, lunch will be around 11:30 on the Blue Ridge parkway. Dinner will be between 6-6:30pm at the Hotel

All systems 'go' here.

(For those that don't know, the Wife tangled with a dog and went down on Fathers day. Shattered clavicle, cracked ribs,,, (LHS) Wasn't sure if she'd be able to ride her own in Franklin,, :icon_frown:)

Wife and I put a few hours riding in last weekend,,, First time back on her bike since 'Doggy Day',,,

She's doin good!!!! No real problems,,, :yes:

Great to hear the good News :icon_cool::yes:

bubbaj1
08-13-2014, 09:09 AM
Phantom, sounds good..

hiflyer
08-13-2014, 11:46 AM
Cleared for take-off, separated shoulder responding to therapy and cortisone, doc told me this morning to do what I ever I feel like doing. I feel like.....Franklin in two weeks.

jkelley
08-13-2014, 12:52 PM
All,

As the time grows near I feel compelled to remind every one.. Once Again.

Please remember, RIDE YOUR RIDE. Some of these off camber mountain roads are somewhat tricky to those that are not used to them.
Switchbacks, off camber, wet and sometimes even downright slippery. A lot of these roads really seldom get dried out real well even in the heat of the summer due to constant shading etc.

Every day around here someone gets hurt or worse because no one wants to admit they might be lacking in the skills to ride here.
This is a different animal. Ride and enjoy. Be safe, and Have a great time.

Big Dawg
08-13-2014, 02:52 PM
All,

As the time grows near I feel compelled to remind every one.. Once Again.

Please remember, RIDE YOUR RIDE. Some of these off camber mountain roads are somewhat tricky to those that are not used to them.
Switchbacks, off camber, wet and sometimes even downright slippery. A lot of these roads really seldom get dried out real well even in the heat of the summer due to constant shading etc.

Every day around here someone gets hurt or worse because no one wants to admit they might be lacking in the skills to ride here.
This is a different animal. Ride and enjoy. Be safe, and Have a great time.
I will be leading the group on Saturday and we will try to keep the group together as best I can. My son skip will be heading up the second wave of the group and he is extremely knowledgeable of the route and a talented rider. When we are traveling on major highways, we will run no more than 5 over. When we are on the Blue Ridge Parkway, I will run the speed limit and NO MORE. Speeding fines are expensive on the BRP. We have lunch planned at the Pisgah Inn and I need to be on time if at all possible.

Ride your ride is an Excellent point! Sadly most men "know" they can negotiate the twisties as well as the next guy. For those who do not have a lot of experience riding the twisties, and believe they "know how to ride" is exactly the thought process that will put you in the weeds. Riding up there is a totally different skill set and it takes years of riding in that type of terrain to be proficient. If you are not comfortable with the pace, then slow down. We will not lose you. If you find yourself dropping back from the guys in front of you and the riders are bunching up behind you, when it is safe, move over to the fog line and wave them by. I have planned stops to re-gather the group. I have learned over the years that a lot of riders are not comfortable running the speed limit up there even though it is easy for an experienced mountian rider to do. Please, do not pressure yourself to go faster than your comfort level! If the weather is stellar and the views are amazing, I will advise you to ignore the views and concentrate on the road. Looking away from the road can lead to bad things before you can blink. I am not trying to put the fear of God in you but, honestly yes I am! The last thing we want is someone getting hurt by riding over their head or not watching the road.

Our route is a 200 mile round trip and we are going to have to operate within a time frame. After lunch I plan to show you some amazing back roads in North Carolina that most travelers don't see. Wonderful twistie roads, very little traffic, through some amazing back country. Can't wait to see everyone! Pray for a safe trip, cool temps and no rain!

Cheers

Injun Joe
08-13-2014, 03:23 PM
Man, this looks like fun! Maybe next year. I look forward to living vicariously through the posts and pictures.

naga viper
08-13-2014, 05:30 PM
Man I so want to go it is a beautiful area I was there two years ago and would go back in a second but work work work. Besides I could not plan for anything to save my life I fly by the seat of my pants. if I get time off I may show up? ENJOY EVERYONE!

Scotrod
08-13-2014, 07:47 PM
When we are traveling on major highways, we will run no more than 5 over

Will we be traveling on any 'not so major' highways?

(Insert another 'Steve's GPS' joke here!)

:icon_biggrin:

{Don't sweat it Steve, There have been times when my GPS musta thought I was in a helicopter!!! LOL!}

Big Dawg
08-14-2014, 07:59 AM
When we are traveling on major highways, we will run no more than 5 over

Will we be traveling on any 'not so major' highways?

(Insert another 'Steve's GPS' joke here!)

:icon_biggrin:

{Don't sweat it Steve, There have been times when my GPS musta thought I was in a helicopter!!! LOL!}

My entire route consists only of paved roads with no U-turns. Even though I have GPS, these roads are my back yard and I know them very well.

Gentle Reminder!!

1st rule for group rides.
Show up with a full tank!!

Gas up the night before. We will not wait on you to fill up in the mornings!

http://hondaf6b.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2303&d=1379507281

Hornblower
08-14-2014, 08:19 AM
Hey, Big Dawg, I'm really looking forward to doing some riding with you and Skip again :clap2:. My only question concerns your intention of limiting speed to only 5 over :shrug:. For sure, on the straights I see no big problem but when you hit the twisties, do you actually have that much discipline :yikes:? I've gotta see that to believe it :icon_rolleyes:. Ah, just messin' with you Jimmy. On a serious note, one thing is for sure, we don't want a repeat of last year with two serious injuries. Rallies are much more fun when everyone comes home in one piece.

Big Dawg
08-14-2014, 09:24 AM
Hey, Big Dawg, I'm really looking forward to doing some riding with you and Skip again :clap2:. My only question concerns your intention of limiting speed to only 5 over :shrug:. For sure, on the straights I see no big problem but when you hit the twisties, do you actually have that much discipline :yikes:? I've gotta see that to believe it :icon_rolleyes:. Ah, just messin' with you Jimmy. On a serious note, one thing is for sure, we don't want a repeat of last year with two serious injuries. Rallies are much more fun when everyone comes home in one piece.
Ken, I agree with you and we don't want any serious injuries at all. On the BRP I am confident that I can run the speed limit on cruise at 45 miles an hour with Sweetie pie on the back. Honestly when I am riding with my buddies, we always run faster than the speed limit up there but We will not on this trip. I am sure that the majority of good riders can handle the gentle corners on the BRP with out any trouble. If the speed limit seems scary for someone, then please slow down to a comfortable pace! Remember RIDE YOUR RIDE! Not everyone is a equal rider and not everyone has the experience or the local knowledge of these roads. Ride a pace that is comfortable for yourself. We will not lose you.

Ken, was wondering how your brother has recovered? For those who don't know, he was one of the injured last year. He took his eyes off the road for a few seconds and as a result, he ran off the road and into a fence?

Once again, we were are riding in a group, our sight seeing will be the twisty pavement in front of us! We will admire the vistas when we stop!!

OH, and fill your tank the night before the ride!!

Hornblower
08-14-2014, 09:56 AM
Ken, was wondering how your brother has recovered? For those who don't know, he was one of the injured last year. He took his eyes off the road for a few seconds and as a result, he ran off the road and into a fence?

Thanks for asking! Yep, he was worrying about low fuel and was looking at his gas gauge as he entered the sharp right hander. Didn't make the turn and ran into a steel fence post and suffered a deep leg wound. He eventually made a full recovery. It took numerous visits to a wound specialist and about 6 months to fully heal. After that, he sold his bike (not an F6B) and is out of the motorcycle business. In his case, that's probably a good thing.

BTW, this is another opportunity to remind everyone to always top off when we make fuel stops. Up in the area we'll be riding in, gas stations can be few and far between. We don't need anything distracting us from the task at hand :icon_rolleyes:.

jkelley
08-14-2014, 10:43 AM
We are truly not trying to scare anyone off this ride!

My wife who rides her own generally is much more cautious than I am and I tend to slow and keep her in my mirrors.
These roads are really not unsafe. The point of the beautiful scenery, and focusing on the road is a major one. There are plenty of pull off's to enjoy the views.
Two weeks ago I saw a rider on 151 from the BRP to Candler simply run off the road and off a very sharp embankment. He was looking at the view for a second. Seemed surreal watching, just like he thought he could fly and off he went. Watching his bike leave the road and get air born seemed to be in slow motion and I could hardly believe what I was seeing. But he was ok, nothing hurt but his pride. Point is be safe, and enjoy. No one has anything to prove, and riding is not a competition. Also staying on the speed limit on the BRP is only smart, those tickets are federal, and they aint cheap. The area is constantly patrolled, and speed traps are abundant.

Deer Slayer
08-14-2014, 10:56 AM
We are truly not trying to scare anyone off this ride!

My wife who rides her own generally is much more cautious than I am and I tend to slow and keep her in my mirrors.
These roads are really not unsafe. The point of the beautiful scenery, and focusing on the road is a major one. There are plenty of pull off's to enjoy the views.
Two weeks ago I saw a rider on 151 from the BRP to Candler simply run off the road and off a very sharp embankment. He was looking at the view for a second. Seemed surreal watching, just like he thought he could fly and off he went. Watching his bike leave the road and get air born seemed to be in slow motion and I could hardly believe what I was seeing. But he was ok, nothing hurt but his pride. Point is be safe, and enjoy. No one has anything to prove, and riding is not a competition. Also staying on the speed limit on the BRP is only smart, those tickets are federal, and they aint cheap. The area is constantly patrolled, and speed traps are abundant.

Amen, brother. :cheers:

Scotrod
08-14-2014, 12:39 PM

Same here. My Wife actually does quite well/safe,,,, I just tend to get a little more ~exuberant~ in the corners, mostly when we are on familiar roads,,, Wifey usually catchs up with me in the straights,,,

These roads are really not unsafe.

Absolutely correct!!!! Nothing really 'wrong' with the roads and their posted speeds/warnings.

The point of the beautiful scenery, and focusing on the road is a major one. There are plenty of pull off's to enjoy the views.

Also staying on the speed limit on the BRP is only smart, those tickets are federal, and they aint cheap. The area is constantly patrolled, and speed traps are abundant.

Yep! Little Bro lives in Asheville. While I have not been on the BRP on a bike, I have been there with Bro in his truck.

Pretty country, but watch where you are going,,, and do not speed!!!! :nono:

Big Dawg
08-14-2014, 02:02 PM
I want everyone to enjoy this ride. We have put a lot of thought into the route with a fabulous lunch at a 4~5 star resturant. (lunch is in the $10~15 range) We have pit stops planned along the way and a stop at the highest place on the BRP. FYI the trip from the hotel to the lunch stop is 100 miles. After lunch we will drop off the BRP and we have a gas stop planned about 25 miles down the road. From there, we will have a short run on a major highway then back into the woods we go for some of the best roads in North Carolina.

My goal is not to scare anyone! My goal is no supprises and NO WorriesI am doing the best to make everyone aware of how the ride will be conducted so that everyone is on the same page. Traveling in large groups requires that everyone understand and pay attention so that we don't have any accidents. There will be no contest of speed and no trophies.

On another note, I just looked at the long range forecast and it is amazing with cool temps and clear skies. (lows in the upper 40's and even cooler in the higher elevations)

Oh, yeah...... be sure to top off the gas tank the night before

jkelley
08-14-2014, 02:21 PM
I want everyone to enjoy this ride. We have put a lot of thought into the route with a fabulous lunch at a 4~5 star resturant. (lunch is in the $10~15 range) We have pit stops planned along the way and a stop at the highest place on the BRP. FYI the trip from the hotel to the lunch stop is 100 miles. After lunch we will drop off the BRP and we have a gas stop planned about 25 miles down the road. From there, we will have a short run on a major highway then back into the woods we go for some of the best roads in North Carolina.

My goal is not to scare anyone! My goal is no supprises and NO WorriesI am doing the best to make everyone aware of how the ride will be conducted so that everyone is on the same page. Traveling in large groups requires that everyone understand and pay attention so that we don't have any accidents. There will be no contest of speed and no trophies.

On another note, I just looked at the long range forecast and it is amazing with cool temps and clear skies. (lows in the upper 40's and even cooler in the higher elevations)

Oh, yeah...... be sure to top off the gas tank the night before

Thanks for putting in all the thought and effort!!

Long range forecast for this area is the next 10 minutes. LOL BRING RAIN GEAR! I seldom go 100 miles in any direction from here without getting wet. Beautiful this week but that is far from what we have been seeing. Either way should be a great time no matter what the weather is.

Big Dawg
08-14-2014, 03:03 PM
Thanks for putting in all the thought and effort!!

Long range forecast for this area is the next 10 minutes. LOL BRING RAIN GEAR! I seldom go 100 miles in any direction from here without getting wet. Beautiful this week but that is far from what we have been seeing. Either way should be a great time no matter what the weather is.

When I scheduled this ride with the good Lord, I requested "No Rain". With as much rain as we have had up there this summer, we could do with a few weeks of Blue Sky and bright sunny days, Please!

SCMike
08-14-2014, 09:50 PM
Even when the forecast is clear, you still stand a good chance of a surprise thunderstorm in this area, especially in the mountains.

jkelley
08-15-2014, 05:44 AM
Even when the forecast is clear, you still stand a good chance of a surprise thunderstorm in this area, especially in the mountains.

Yup, on the other hand I have seen a 100% rain forecast and seen nothing but sunny sky's. The mountains can break up storms, and make them stay put. Beautiful area but darn sure strange for weather. Usually in the fall much more stable though. Hopefully we won't see a drop fall.

Phantom
08-15-2014, 08:36 AM

SEVERAL very NICE items will be auctioned off or given away as door prizes

Tires, Seats, WindShields, Battery Tenders, a Leather Jacket, Sweat Shirts, Patches and many more surprises

Calvin, bring plenty of Bejamin Franklins :icon_mrgreen:

:banana:

NEED your input on AWARDS .....

Please submit who merits an award or prize ....

Longest distance attendee
Oldest F6B Rider
Highest Mileage F6B
Youngest F6B Rider
Best Vanity Plate
Best customized F6B

etc
etc
etc

Please post your suggestions, Thank You

Big Dawg
08-15-2014, 12:49 PM

NEED your input on AWARDS .....

Please submit who merits an award or prize ....

Longest distance attendee
Oldest F6B Rider
Highest Mileage F6B
Youngest F6B Rider
Best Vanity Plate
Best customized F6B

etc
etc
etc

Please post your suggestions, Thank You

Lowest serial number.
Bike with the highest mileage
Newest F6B
Prettiest Blue and Silver Goldwing

Phantom
08-15-2014, 07:50 PM
Prettiest Blue and Silver Goldwing

Great suggestion, I know of one that is coming in from Naples Florida :duck::icon_mrgreen:

How about prettiest Goldwing instead :icon_wink:

Scotrod
08-15-2014, 08:25 PM
SNAIL OF THE DRAGON award!!!!

Rider with the highest ET wins!!!!

;side-car'

Steve 0080
08-15-2014, 08:41 PM
Newest Zipper Neck Award !!!

cwjj2001
08-15-2014, 09:03 PM
How about person from oldest town or city...lol

Deer Slayer
08-15-2014, 09:24 PM
Most Deer kills.:yikes:

Scotrod
08-15-2014, 10:13 PM
BEST DANCER!!!!

Hornblower
08-16-2014, 08:07 AM
Newest Zipper Neck Award !!!

I'd have to agree with Steve on this one...most recent bypass surgery. Way to go, Steve :clap2:!

Mr. PDQ
08-17-2014, 10:48 AM
Please count me in for the friday and Saturday rides.

Phantom
08-17-2014, 11:17 AM
1COOLMC
3putt & Spouse
Ahealthy
Badpapi
BarryS770
BigDawg & Spouse
BigDawg's son (Skip)
BigDew
BlackBetty12
bubbaj1
CaptBob
CarolinaRider
Choptop
Cwjj2001
Cwjj2001 guest
Darkknight & Sweetheart
DeerSlayer
Dickiedeals & Spouse
Dwight
Exbmwrider
F6Pilot
Firetech
Fla_Rider & Spouse
FlatSixBagger & Spouse
Hambly434 & Spouse
Hambly's guest & Spouse
hiflyer
HornBlower
Jarhead22 & Spouse
Jkelley
Johnny-B & Spouse
Limbuck & Mary
Lisa Sanders
Monchie
Phantom
Projectapollo
Rich
Rickw
Rickw's Son
Rickw's Guest (Rege)
Royr
six2go
Skully (Bill)
SCMike & Spouse
Scottrod & Spouse
Scottydi
Scottydi's Father
Spankyrir
Steve 0080
Stick
USMCWing
Wild Bill & Spouse
Zzh54

67 :cheers: 'all/right'

Spanky
08-17-2014, 02:34 PM
I'm coming up Saturday morning, looking forward to meeting you all! staying at the hampton inn.

Phantom
08-17-2014, 03:30 PM
I'm coming up Saturday morning, looking forward to meeting you all! staying at the hampton inn.

Join us for the ride, we depart 8:15-8:30 am

leave Charlotte at 4:45 am and you'll make it :biggthumpup:

Phantom
08-18-2014, 07:54 AM
1COOLMC
3putt & Spouse
Ahealthy
Badpapi
BarryS770
BigDawg & Spouse
BigDawg's son (Skip)
BigDew
BlackBetty12
bubbaj1
CaptBob
CarolinaRider
Choptop
Cwjj2001
Cwjj2001 guest
Darkknight & Sweetheart
DeerSlayer
Dickiedeals & Spouse
Dwight
Exbmwrider
F6Pilot
Firetech
Fla_Rider & Spouse
FlatSixBagger & Spouse
Glrider98
Hambly434 & Spouse
Hambly's guest & Spouse
hiflyer
HornBlower
Jarhead22 & Spouse
Jkelley
Johnny-B & Spouse
Limbuck & Mary
Lisa Sanders
Monchie
Phantom
Projectapollo
Rich
Rickw
Rickw's Son
Rickw's Guest (Rege)
Royr
six2go
Skully (Bill)
SCMike & Spouse
Scottrod & Spouse
Scottydi
Scottydi's Father
Spankyrir
Steve 0080
Stick
USMCWing
Wild Bill & Spouse
Zzh54

68 :cheers: 'all/right'

Phantom
08-18-2014, 09:09 AM

HOTEL just notified me that they had 3 cancellations from other guests ….

We now have available ….

3 single rooms (Queen Bed) for FRIDAY and 3 rooms for Saturday.

If you reserved elsewhere,

Call the Microtel (828-349-9000) and reserve a room with us then cancel your reservation elsewhere.

glryder98
08-18-2014, 04:41 PM
Booked for Friday and Saturday at the motel. See yall at the rally!!!

hiflyer
08-19-2014, 02:00 PM
Anybody else getting excited? I am.

Phantom
08-19-2014, 05:25 PM
Anybody else getting excited? I am.

:biggthumpup::banana::alc:

hoglaw
08-19-2014, 09:33 PM
Looks like the wife and I are in. You can add us to the list. I just returned from a 2700 mile trip today so we're trailering with the motor home. Any suggestions on a campground in the area?

Phantom
08-19-2014, 10:13 PM
1COOLMC
Ahealthy
Badpapi
BarryS770
BigDawg & Spouse
BigDawg's son (Skip)
BigDawg's (GoldWing Guest)
BigDew
BlackBetty12
bubbaj1
CaptBob
CarolinaRider
Choptop
Cool Hand Luke
Cwjj2001
Cwjj2001's guest
Darkknight & Sweetheart
DeerSlayer
Dickiedeals
Dwight
Exbmwrider
F6Pilot
Firetech
Fla_Rider & Spouse
FlatSixBagger & Spouse
Glrider98
Hambly434 & Spouse
Hambly's guest & Spouse
hiflyer
Hoglaw & Spouse
HornBlower
Jarhead22 & Spouse
Jkelley
Johnny-B & Spouse
Ktown rider
Lisa Sanders
Monchie
Phantom
Projectapollo
Rich
Rickw
Rickw's Son
Royr
six2go
Skully (Bill)
SCMike & Spouse
Scottrod & Spouse
Scottydi
Scottydi's Father
Spankyrir
Steve 0080
Stick
USMCWing
Wild Bill & Spouse
Zzh54

doktirbob
08-20-2014, 10:40 AM
Thanks Phantom for the info on the rally. Hoping to bring the wife and ride the Skyway/Tail of the Dragon again, this time on my new F6B. Will let you know if I'm on for sure...that would be some great "therapy".

Scotrod
08-20-2014, 12:39 PM
70!?!!? Good Lord!! That's more than one Dairy Queen can handle!!! :shock:

Scotrod
08-20-2014, 12:46 PM
HEY!!!

Wifey is excited about meeting some fellow Lady riders at Franklin,,, but,, I'm not sure how many of the ladies listed above will be riding their own bike?

I know we have a few 'F6B equipped' Lady riders who post here on the forum, but it's unclear how many of them I see on the list above,,, (I see Lisa, but :shrug:)

Is 'Mrs. Scotrod' gonna be the only gal riding her own bike? :shrug:

Big Dawg
08-20-2014, 01:20 PM
HEY!!!

Wifey is excited about meeting some fellow Lady riders at Franklin,,, but,, I'm not sure how many of the ladies listed above will be riding their own bike?

I know we have a few 'F6B equipped' Lady riders who post here on the forum, but it's unclear how many of them I see on the list above,,, (I see Lisa, but :shrug:)

Is 'Mrs. Scotrod' gonna be the only gal riding her own bike? :shrug:

Lisa rides her Goldwing. And she can ride as good or better than most men ride!

Scotrod
08-20-2014, 02:54 PM
Wifey isn't a proficient rider, and I doubt she's concerned with how proficient other lady riders are,,, For her, I believe it's just more of a 'lady-rider' thing,,,

:motorcycle2:

cwjj2001
08-20-2014, 04:21 PM
'riding''riding''riding''riding''party'

Phantom
08-20-2014, 04:35 PM
8 Days and counting :cheers:

zzh54
08-20-2014, 05:04 PM
70!?!!? Good Lord!! That's more than one Dairy Queen can handle!!! :shock:

Maybe someone should call ahead and let them stock up

Scotrod
08-20-2014, 05:14 PM
Maybe someone should call ahead and let them stock up

ABSOLUTELY!!! They're gonna need extra stock AND personnel reinforcements!!!! :shock:

Cool Hand Luke
08-20-2014, 05:42 PM
Well, it's official, I'm approved to join you guys as of today!

I'll be riding out of Aiken, SC on Thursday afternoon and will get there about 5pm. I will stay until Monday then ride back in the morning. I am going to try to get a room nearby if Microtel is all booked, no biggy. There are cheap rooms in Clayton GA, about 20 minutes away.

IF ANYONE WOULD LIKE TO MEET ON THURSDAY AND RIDE TO FRANKLIN TOGETHER PLEASE LET ME KNOW! Just send me a pm and I will give you my cell #.

I'm looking forward to meeting all of y'all!

So, 71 and counting! I guess we can open our own Dairy Queen now!

F6B' RULE!!! :beer3::alc::cheers::banana::banana::banana::shake 2::headbang:'mooning'

Can't wait for more of this:

P.S. OK, I just got a room about two miles from Microtel. DONE!

CarolinaRider
08-20-2014, 07:46 PM
I am going to leave Thursday around noon from Charlotte so about 1.5 hours to

Schroader's Honda
220 Mitchelle Dr, Hendersonville, NC 28792

If that works for anyone lets make it happen. I will be on a fast Black.

I plan on riding HWY 64 into Franklin from Schroader's about 2 hours

Phantom
08-20-2014, 08:13 PM
UPDATE ....

Just had 2 Spouses BAIL out and one Couple

1COOLMC
Ahealthy
Badpapi
BarryS770
BigDawg & Spouse
BigDawg's son (Skip)
BigDew
BlackBetty12
bubbaj1
CaptBob
CarolinaRider
Choptop
Cool Hand Luke
Cwjj2001
Cwjj2001's guest
Darkknight & Sweetheart
DeerSlayer
Dickiedeals
Dwight
Exbmwrider
F6Pilot
Firetech
Fla_Rider & Spouse
FlatSixBagger & Spouse
Glrider98
Hambly434 & Spouse
Hambly's guest & Spouse
hiflyer
Hoglaw & Spouse
HornBlower
Jarhead22 & Spouse
Jkelley
Johnny-B & Spouse
Ktown rider
Lisa Sanders
Monchie
Phantom
Projectapollo
Rich
Rickw
Rickw's Son
Royr
six2go
Skully (Bill)
SCMike & Spouse
Scottrod & Spouse
Scottydi
Scottydi's Father
Spankyrir
Steve 0080
Stick
USMCWing
Wild Bill & Spouse
Zzh54

Cool Hand Luke
08-20-2014, 08:41 PM
I am going to leave Thursday around noon from Charlotte so about 1.5 hours to

Schroader's Honda
220 Mitchelle Dr, Hendersonville, NC 28792

If that works for anyone lets make it happen. I will be on a fast Black.

I plan on riding HWY 64 into Franklin from Schroader's about 2 hours

Schroader's is 150 miles away from me. I would also leave around noon. If you're willing to wait for me or leave a little bit later (or take your time getting there) I could meet you.

six2go
08-21-2014, 09:02 AM
Seems like something always gets in the way. I won't be attending after all. My room has been cancelled.

Scotrod
08-21-2014, 10:19 AM
UPDATE ....

Just had 2 Spouses BAIL out and one Couple

[QUOTE=six2go;43297]Seems like something always gets in the way. I won't be attending after all. My room has been cancelled.

Hmm, All this, just after my concerns about overloading the Dairy Queen were mentioned,,,

Coincidence!?!? I THINK NOT!!!!!

(I did see that a DQ is virtually ~just across the street~ from the Microtel,,, Now I know why we are staying there!!! LOL!!!)

:crackup:

Darkknight
08-21-2014, 01:07 PM
Sweetie and I are leaving CT in the dark and picking up Zzh54 in NY around sunrise on 8/27. Will be traveling down rt 81 to Staunton Va. Should get there early to mid afternoon Wednesday and stay the night. Leaving around sun up again on Thursday 8/28 for the final leg to Franklin. Again hoping to arrive early afternoon. :icon_biggrin:
Yeah I'm starting to get excited.:yes:

Just a little nervous about mid point hotel reservations. Made them a month ago. I guess that's why I want to get to the hotels early in the day. If there is a problem, I'll have daylight to find another place.
I don't travel much. But with this bike I think that will change.

I hope nobody brings a little black trailer and hitch to sell at the Rally. It would really suck to pull a nice little trailer home to CT.
:lolup:

jarhead22
08-21-2014, 03:17 PM
Going to have 2 more guests with me on this trip, 2 of my sister-in-laws will be riding along with my spouse and I. Both of the sister-in-laws each ride the H....... word, lol. We are all at the Carolina Motel right up the street from the Microtel.:icon_biggrin:

Phantom
08-21-2014, 03:44 PM
UPDATE ….

1COOLMC
Ahealthy
Badpapi
BarryS770
BigDawg & Spouse
BigDawg's son (Skip)
BigDew
BlackBetty12
bubbaj1
CaptBob
CarolinaRider
Choptop
Cool Hand Luke
Cwjj2001
Cwjj2001's guest
Darkknight & Sweetheart
DeerSlayer
Dickiedeals
Dwight
Exbmwrider
F6Pilot
Firetech
Fla_Rider & Spouse
FlatSixBagger & Spouse
Glrider98
Hambly434 & Spouse
Hambly's guest & Spouse
hiflyer
Hoglaw & Spouse
HornBlower
Jarhead22 & Spouse
Jarhead22 sister-n-law #1
Jarhead22 sister-n-law #2
Jkelley
Johnny-B & Spouse
Ktown rider
Lisa Sanders
Monchie
Phantom
Projectapollo
Rich
Rickw
Rickw's Son
Royr
six2go
Skully (Bill)
SCMike & Spouse
Scottrod & Spouse
Scottydi
Scottydi's Father
Spankyrir
Steve 0080
Stick
USMCWing
Wild Bill & Spouse
Zzh54

69 :cheers: 'all/right'

6 days to go

Phantom
08-21-2014, 03:49 PM
:attention1:

The weather in the mountains is always unpredictable,
once in a while a surprise rain storm rolls in for a few hours. :rainyday:

Everyone should bring some sort of Rain Gear just in case. Large Plastic yard bags have worked in the past for me :icon_redface:

BLACKBETTY12
08-21-2014, 08:20 PM
Sweetie and I are leaving CT in the dark and picking up Zzh54 in NY around sunrise on 8/27. Will be traveling down rt 81 to Staunton Va. Should get there early to mid afternoon Wednesday and stay the night. Leaving around sun up again on Thursday 8/28 for the final leg to Franklin. Again hoping to arrive early afternoon. :icon_biggrin:
Yeah I'm starting to get excited.:yes:

Just a little nervous about mid point hotel reservations. Made them a month ago. I guess that's why I want to get to the hotels early in the day. If there is a problem, I'll have daylight to find another place.
I don't travel much. But with this bike I think that will change.

I hope nobody brings a little black trailer and hitch to sell at the Rally. It would really suck to pull a nice little trailer home to CT.
:lolup:

I just happen to have a little black trailer that I could pull with me that is for sale! Send me a PM if interested.

hiflyer
08-21-2014, 09:08 PM
Anybody coming from out west, down I-40?

Spanky
08-22-2014, 07:18 AM
Phantom, please add a +1 for me . wifey is coming up too. Most likely riding our Streetglide, if y'all will have her.

Phantom
08-22-2014, 07:25 AM
Phantom, please add a +1 for me . wifey is coming up too. Most likely riding our Streetglide, if y'all will have her.

:icon_cool::yes: 'all/right'

Phantom
08-22-2014, 07:27 AM
5 days to go

1COOLMC
Ahealthy
Badpapi
BarryS770
BigDawg & Spouse
BigDawg's son (Skip)
BigDew
BlackBetty12
bubbaj1
CaptBob
CarolinaRider
Choptop
Cool Hand Luke
Cwjj2001
Cwjj2001's guest
Darkknight & Sweetheart
DeerSlayer
Dickiedeals
Dwight
Exbmwrider
F6Pilot
Firetech
Fla_Rider & Spouse
FlatSixBagger & Spouse
Glrider98
Hambly434 & Spouse
Hambly's guest & Spouse
hiflyer
Hoglaw & Spouse
HornBlower
Jarhead22 & Spouse
Jarhead22 sister-n-law #1
Jarhead22 sister-n-law #2
Jkelley
Johnny-B & Spouse
Ktown rider
Lisa Sanders
Monchie
Phantom
Projectapollo
Rich
Rickw
Rickw's Son
Royr
six2go
Skully (Bill)
SCMike & Spouse
Scottrod & Spouse
Scottydi
Scottydi's Father
Spankyrir & Spouse
Steve 0080
Stick
USMCWing
Wild Bill & Spouse
Zzh54

70 :cheers: 'all/right'

Scotrod
08-22-2014, 08:00 AM
wifey is coming up too. Most likely riding our Streetglide, if y'all will have her.

I'm not an event organizer, but pretty sure you could darn near ride a Schwinn to the gig and we'd welcome ya! :yes: (Just hope ya can peddle fast!!! :shock:)

Phantom
08-22-2014, 08:15 AM
I'm not an event organizer, but pretty sure you could darn near ride a Schwinn to the gig and we'd welcome ya! :yes: (Just hope ya can peddle fast!!! :shock:)

Schwinn, Indians .... it's all good :icon_cool::yes:

Phantom
08-22-2014, 12:40 PM

Welcome REGISTRATION with name tag lanyards begins Thursday evening. I will need everyone to register and sign a large banner.

Everyone that is attending needs this lanyard so that we know who you are (putting the face with the forum name).

The Name tag will also have a meal ticket for Saturday's evening BBQ. No name tag means no BBQ

The Name tag will also be your entry for the door prizes.

Looking towards a great event !!!!!!

Big Dawg
08-22-2014, 02:51 PM
Ok Boys and Girls, at the request of the Phantom, I have contacted the Police Department in Franklin. I have made arrangements with Chief David Adams to provide an escort for us, through town on our Saturday ride. My deal with him is we will have to be PROMPT on our departure and it is scheduled for 8:30am Saturday morning.

CarolinaRider
08-22-2014, 03:08 PM
Better not stay up to late Friday night!

Big Dawg
08-22-2014, 03:39 PM
Better not stay up to late Friday night!

One on my famous sayings is.... Get right or Get left...........

Oh, and show up Saturday with a full tank. Kick Stands up at 8:30.

Phantom
08-22-2014, 04:06 PM
.notworthy.

A big Thank You Jimmy! :icon_cool::yes:

Exbmwrider
08-22-2014, 04:30 PM
Ok Boys and Girls, at the request of the Phantom, I have contacted the Police Department in Franklin. I have made arrangements with Chief David Adams to provide an escort for us, through town on our Saturday ride. My deal with him is we will have to be PROMPT on our departure and it is scheduled for 8:30am Saturday morning.

Awesome! Thanks!

Scotrod
08-22-2014, 04:50 PM
.notworthy.

A big Thank You Jimmy! :icon_cool::yes:

X2!!!!

We are rapidly approaching "mob" status!

Also, a big "Thank You!" to Chief David Adams! :yes:

Big Dawg
08-22-2014, 05:10 PM
Can I invite the chief to the bar b que?

Steve 0080
08-22-2014, 05:18 PM
You can invite ANYONE you please!..... the Police Chief is always welcome as well!!! If any of his guys working that zone want to stop all the better...maybe an extra eye on the parking lot during the night!!!

Scotrod
08-22-2014, 06:26 PM
Would like to see this evolve into an event where the residents, businesses, LEO's of Franklin, and members of this board could all look forward to. :yes:
:shake2:

Not certain, but, this may be the largest gathering of privately owned F6B's in,,, the globe! :shock:

Deer Slayer
08-22-2014, 07:53 PM
Can I invite the chief to the bar b que?

Go for it. :cheers:

firetech
08-22-2014, 08:18 PM

Much appreciated :biggthumpup::biggthumpup::biggthumpup:

Scotrod
08-22-2014, 09:47 PM
Are we bustin up into smaller groups both days, just Friday, or? :shrug:

Phantom
08-23-2014, 09:09 AM
Are we bustin up into smaller groups both days, just Friday, or? :shrug:

That's the plan

Alright,

Police Chief is definitely welcomed.

Tent, tables, chairs and food have been ordered for those that have signed up.

We have a FULL House.

Big Dawg
08-23-2014, 03:31 PM
You can invite ANYONE you please!..... the Police Chief is always welcome as well!!! If any of his guys working that zone want to stop all the better...maybe an extra eye on the parking lot during the night!!!
Sterling idea. What time should I tell the Chief to show up? (if he will)

Deer Slayer
08-23-2014, 05:09 PM
Much appreciated :biggthumpup::biggthumpup::biggthumpup:

We may have to leave the pool early, huh, Fire Tech.:tequila::alc::yikes::cheers:

firetech
08-23-2014, 08:08 PM
I have no recollection of what you are talking about... hiccup...excuse me. :shrug::crazy2::poke::drunk:"Fyre2'

Deer Slayer
08-23-2014, 08:24 PM
I have no recollection of what you are talking about... hiccup...excuse me. :shrug::crazy2::poke::drunk:"Fyre2'

HA! :poke:"fireybat":tequila::woohoo:

Scotrod
08-24-2014, 02:33 AM
That's the plan

You sound just like my Wife,,, :icon_doh:

Give her an "either/or" question and she says "Yes",,,, :banghead:

:spank:

So maybe if I type a little slower,, you can follow along,,,,,

Are, , , , , , we , , , , , bustin, , , , , up, , , , into, , , , smaller, , , , groups, , , , both, , , , days, , , , (THAT'S OPTION # 1,,,, WATCH . . OUT !!!! . . OPTION . . # 2 . . COMING!!!!!) just, , , , Friday, , , , or?

:pbt:

Phantom
08-24-2014, 08:46 AM
You sound just like my Wife,,, :icon_doh:

Give her an "either/or" question and she says "Yes",,,, :banghead:

:spank:

So maybe if I type a little slower,, you can follow along,,,,,

Are, , , , , , we , , , , , bustin, , , , , up, , , , into, , , , smaller, , , , groups, , , , both, , , , days, , , , (THAT'S OPTION # 1,,,, WATCH . . OUT !!!! . . OPTION . . # 2 . . COMING!!!!!) just, , , , Friday, , , , or?

:pbt:

That's the plan means 51% YES 49% possibility of change.

Friday looks like a 100% chance of smaller groups right out of the Hotel.
Saturday since we have the Police escorting us out of town, we will ALL leave together and then possibly once we get to Chreokee, break up into 3 Groups.

Does that help you VERN :nutkick:

Scotrod
08-24-2014, 09:08 AM
That's the plan means 51% YES 49% possibility of change.

Friday looks like a 100% chance of smaller groups right out of the Hotel.
Saturday since we have the Police escorting us out of town, we will ALL leave together and then possibly once we get to Chreokee, break up into 3 Groups.

Does that help you VERN :nutkick:

Why certainly! Yes, we are in groups, then no, but yes!!! :icon_stooge:

Phantom
08-24-2014, 11:39 AM
Why certainly! Yes, we are in groups, then no, but yes!!! :icon_stooge:

Scottrod, the rally dates have changed to the following weekend :shrug:

:shhh: Everyone else feel free to join us as previously scheduled :shhh:

Scotrod
08-24-2014, 12:02 PM
Scottrod, the rally dates have changed to the following weekend :shrug:

HA! Too late to change my vaca days at work, but with y'all showing up next week, my concern about the DQ being overloaded won't be a problem after all!!! :banana:

FRONT ROW!!!!!! WOOO HOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap2:

Exbmwrider
08-24-2014, 03:32 PM
The trusty steed is fed, watered, cleaned, gassed, and loaded up. I'm leaving at zero dark thirty in the morning for Franklin! See y'all there. Ride safe.7938

'riding'

CarolinaRider
08-24-2014, 06:19 PM
Could possibly be coming from the farthest away? Anyone else riding from farther away?

Be safe!

Deer Slayer
08-24-2014, 06:26 PM
When the Police escort us out of town on Saturday, will they let up back in? :yikes:

bubbaj1
08-24-2014, 07:45 PM
I am local to the area and can meet you all on the tn side of the mountain..let me know
Thanks

Phantom
08-25-2014, 06:27 AM
I am local to the area and can meet you all on the tn side of the mountain..let me know
Thanks
Friday, we will be eating lunch at Tellico Katz Deli on the River, arriving between 11:00 - 11:30am
Ride over and join us, it's a whopping 14 miles and 20 minutes from where you are.

Lets KEEP OUR FINGERS crossed ...... :icon_mrgreen::yes: ..... It's going to be 86 - 91 degrees :th_sunbathe:

http://i1359.photobucket.com/albums/q787/Hondaf6b/FranklinNC-10DayForecast_zpsa7003419.jpg (http://s1359.photobucket.com/user/Hondaf6b/media/FranklinNC-10DayForecast_zpsa7003419.jpg.html)

bubbaj1
08-25-2014, 08:08 AM
If you all are coming from the dragon i can meet you at the harley store at the bottom of the hill on hwy 129 and ride from there or I can just meet you all at Kats..

Scotrod
08-25-2014, 08:25 AM
Is the tent waterproof? :shrug:

Hornblower
08-25-2014, 08:47 AM
Excited about the rally? Who me :yikes:? Here's what's on my mind this morning...

Credit to the Pointer Sisters...I'm so excited
And I just can't hide it
I'm about to loose control and I think I like it
I'm so excited
And I just can't hide it

Oh Yeah, Baby!

bubbaj1
08-25-2014, 09:29 AM
Just a Fyi Katz deli has limited parking so we might have to Spread into differnt parking lot next door.

Deer Slayer
08-25-2014, 09:30 AM
Excited about the rally? Who me :yikes:? Here's what's on my mind this morning...

Credit to the Pointer Sisters...I'm so excited
And I just can't hide it
I'm about to loose control and I think I like it
I'm so excited
And I just can't hide it

Oh Yeah, Baby!

Yes bring your horn.:yikes: you can toot time to rise and time for bed.:poke::woohoo::cheers:

Big Dawg
08-25-2014, 10:03 AM
Friday, we will be eating lunch at Tellico Katz Deli on the River, arriving between 11:00 - 11:30am
Ride over and join us, it's a whopping 14 miles and 20 minutes from where you are.

Lets KEEP OUR FINGERS crossed ...... :icon_mrgreen::yes: ..... It's going to be 86 - 91 degrees :th_sunbathe:

http://i1359.photobucket.com/albums/q787/Hondaf6b/FranklinNC-10DayForecast_zpsa7003419.jpg (http://s1359.photobucket.com/user/Hondaf6b/media/FranklinNC-10DayForecast_zpsa7003419.jpg.html)

Just about 100 yards closer to Tellico is "The Beach" they also serve great burgers and sandwiches. You know a place serves good food, when there is always a crowd. Besides, it is set up with a dozen pic-nic tables in the shade, along the river. Not trying to change plans, just thought with a large group, it might be a great overflow spot. And the food is EXCELLENT.

bubbaj1
08-25-2014, 10:05 AM
He is right the beach us great I eat there quite a bit.. one note it is cash only and it is also creek side.

Deer Slayer
08-25-2014, 10:10 AM
Phantom and riders with big Goldwings will require DQ. :poke::cheers:

Big Dawg
08-25-2014, 10:33 AM
He is right the beach us great I eat there quite a bit.. one note it is cash only and it is also creek side.
The "Beach Burger" is world famous and it is a huge hamburger. It is one of those that is so juicy that, if you aren't careful, it will be dripping off your elbows! They have Ice Cream too!

Steve 0080
08-25-2014, 11:00 AM
Gather for dinner on Sat night at 6:00......... Dinner should/will be served at 6:30

firetech
08-26-2014, 09:15 PM
T-minus 14 hours till take off!!! 'riding' 'party'
Time to start ;onvacation' :woohoo:

Steve 0080
08-26-2014, 09:17 PM
Todd, you meeting us for breakfast in Lake City? Thur. 28th, 0700

firetech
08-26-2014, 09:41 PM
No Steve, I'm leaving Wednesday afternoon and staying in Dublin, Ga. off of 441.

jkelley
08-27-2014, 06:02 AM
Add another one, buddy of mine who bought his F6 the day after I did is now coming.

Phantom
08-27-2014, 12:04 PM
'riding'

I'll see everyone there. Have a safe ride/trip into Franklin North Carolina

Avoid earning any PERFORMANCE Awards on the way to the event .... :cop2:

Scotrod
08-27-2014, 09:21 PM
Sittin in a motel in 'bama now,,,

Weather looks good for the get-together,,, Looks a bit more damp the following week.

BE SAFE - HAVE FUN!!!

firetech
08-27-2014, 09:40 PM
See everyone tomorrow.
Ride and drive safe.

BLACKBETTY12
08-28-2014, 10:46 AM
I'm here! I got to the hotel at 10:45 and it looked like a ghost town!
See everyone after while. Be safe and have fun.

hoglaw
08-28-2014, 02:15 PM
They're beginning to slowly trickle in...

SCMike
08-28-2014, 02:31 PM
Just a few of us here, but already more F6Bs than I've ever seen in one place!

hiflyer
08-28-2014, 03:23 PM
Getting a late start, be in Friday dark thirty

glryder98
08-28-2014, 03:29 PM
Leaving Friday morning. See yall about noon!

Scotrod
08-28-2014, 04:18 PM
Yup,, bout a dozen at last count,, climbing by the minute,,,
RED seems to be taking a backseat to BLACK so far,,,
Got a Rune, a Road Glide, and a funny lookin blue 6 as well!

bubbaj1
08-28-2014, 05:44 PM
Any idea when you all will be coming over the mountain? I am going to try to meet up with you all.

Cheesyryder
11-17-2014, 10:13 AM
Is the 2015 event going to be labor day weekend again??
Todd

53driver
11-17-2014, 11:07 AM
Todd

Affirmative. The Microhotel is already taking reservations.

53driver
11-17-2014, 03:52 PM
Todd

Here's the link to the thread....
http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?3780-2015-Franklin-Rally-Dates-amp-Attendees

stroguy
05-17-2015, 07:35 AM
PICS to the event of 2014?

Big Dawg
05-17-2015, 07:52 AM
PICS to the event of 2014?

Dude. the pictures have been up for 8 or 9 months and it is even a sticky thread right under this one.

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?3731-World-s-LARGEST-gathering-of-F6B-s-2014-F6B-Rally

stroguy
05-17-2015, 07:55 AM
Holy crap, mine brane is whey off thes Am....thank you.

Wheeled right past it.

Big Dawg
05-17-2015, 07:59 AM
Holy crap, mine brane is whey off thes Am....thank you.

Wheeled right past it.

Cheers!

srt8-in-largo
05-17-2015, 10:42 PM
:crackup:

Big Dawg
05-18-2015, 07:48 AM
Rumor has it that the Hotel is all booked up. Does anyone know for sure it that is correct?

Steve 0080
05-18-2015, 08:13 AM
As of 18,May there are 8 rooms left not filled...these are NOT under F6B...so you would have to ask if there are ANY rooms available...

sheazo
08-25-2015, 11:19 AM
I'm going to be in the area and would enjoy meeting up with all the riders. I'm in Tellico Plains from 9/1 to 9/9, unfortunately i'm trailering my bike from NH, fortunately i'm brining the wife and dogs on vaca with me. See you all then!'gw-smiley'

Fla_rider
08-25-2015, 11:47 AM
Attention Everyone- this is last years Rally thread. The 2015 Thread is http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?3780-2015-Franklin-Rally-Dates-amp-Attendees/page16

Steve 0080
08-25-2015, 11:54 AM
Are you trying to confuse the new folks ????

choptop
04-02-2016, 07:10 AM
https://youtu.be/qevzJhsBDOI?t=28:yes:

Pap
05-08-2016, 07:18 PM
Nice video. Looks a lot like Pennsylvania roads with all those "road snakes".:yes: