PDA

View Full Version : Weird question about cat pee

bobbyf6b
02-01-2014, 07:43 PM
I know, what the?

I got a new job a couple months ago and every time I leave my bike there overnight (I go out of town sometimes) my bike gets peed on by a cat! It's really frustrating. Today I found three different spots where it got sprayed on. I have a cover but it's only a half cover. I guess I'm going to get a full cover but is there anything else I can do? (besides hunting down the cat)

When the pee is on the exhaust it smells SO bad! I wipe it off but that stuff is potent.

Ok, let me have it. :tomatohit:

Dirtstiff's F6B
02-01-2014, 08:04 PM
After the killer wax job I did today, I'd wait around with a 9mm and solve that problem.
I can't stand cats marking their territory like that..

2 coats of Turtle Black wax and 2 coats of Liquid Glass and my paint has never looked so killer..
http://hondaf6b.com/album.php?albumid=106&attachmentid=3893

J

Steve 0080
02-01-2014, 08:05 PM
WOW!!!! Bobby this will be worse that running some folks down a gravel road following a GPS...... the only advise I have is not to cover the bike, my sister's cat thought my bike covered up was his personal tent! ... as far as the rest..... wait for what comes next!!!

F6B-RICH
02-01-2014, 10:31 PM
If you just cover the bike the cat will just pee on the cover then you have to clean the cover. There is only one way :068: then :diggin_smilie: .batman-smilie.

Scotrod
02-01-2014, 10:39 PM
Catnip,,,,

Under the car next to your bike? :icon_twisted:

ED209
02-02-2014, 08:19 AM
Citrus peels or spray, fine black pepper, moth balls, all repel cats for the area. Hurts their nostrils so they leave the area. All you can do is a scent type repellant, unless you can be there to scare the cat. Ive even read that hanging old CD discs will scare them away as they sway in the wind. There are small audible alarms that are battery operated too.

Urine is very destructive acid. :shock:

On a funny note, I have Cuban Tree frogs on my property, they are the size of your hand. Sometimes I am riding and one of these big frogs comes up from under the steering area and says "hey slow down" lol, I have to pull over and release them in the grass.

F6B-RICH
02-02-2014, 09:34 AM
On a funny note, I have Cuban Tree frogs on my property, they are the size of your hand. Sometimes I am riding and one of these big frogs comes up from under the steering area and says "hey slow down" lol, I have to pull over and release them in the grass.

That sounds like one cool ass riding partner :motorcycle2: to pull into with at your local bike night .batman-smilie.

bobbyf6b
02-02-2014, 11:44 AM
Citrus peels or spray, fine black pepper, moth balls, all repel cats for the area. Hurts their nostrils so they leave the area. All you can do is a scent type repellant, unless you can be there to scare the cat. Ive even read that hanging old CD discs will scare them away as they sway in the wind. There are small audible alarms that are battery operated too.

Urine is very destructive acid. :shock:

Thanks for the tips! I remember using mothballs a few years ago when we had a cat visiting our back porch. Seemed to work well. I'm gonna get a box and some pepper and put it by the bike when I leave it overnight again. The CD's probably won't work because it comes at night.

Dirtstiff's F6B
02-02-2014, 12:33 PM
Seriously though,
There are spray repellants in pet stores called scat or off that are said to work.
If you don't want to trap or shoot your own cat...

opas ride
02-02-2014, 01:12 PM
In my opinion the only "good cat" is a "dead cat"...I have no use what so ever for these creatures...Some love em, but not me...I agree with the 9mm idea, but it will only cause trouble...See if you can find the owner and tell them your issues, otherwise put some kind of poison, (just kidding) or repellent near the bike and see what happens....

bobbyf6b
02-02-2014, 02:52 PM
In my opinion the only "good cat" is a "dead cat"...I have no use what so ever for these creatures...Some love em, but not me...I agree with the 9mm idea, but it will only cause trouble...See if you can find the owner and tell them your issues, otherwise put some kind of poison, (just kidding) or repellent near the bike and see what happens....

Thanks for your input, it's always so positive. :icon_doh:

I happen to love cats and own three of my own, but does that help my situation?

Neither does your opinion.

opas ride
02-02-2014, 04:16 PM
I am glad you like cats, I don't care for them but I would never hurt one on purpose...Hope you can find a solution, I have mine...Regards

F6B-RICH
02-02-2014, 05:08 PM
[QUOTE=bobbyf6b;20603]I happen to love cats and own three of my own

Maybe thats the problem.They smell your cats on your bike.Do your cats go near your F6B ? .batman-smilie.

thunder217
02-02-2014, 05:14 PM
MOTHBALLS WILL DO THE TRICK

ED209
02-02-2014, 08:39 PM
3918 You wanna borrow George :icon_mrgreen: he'll woop that cats arse and stroke his fur backwards :catfight:

George has been around on my house for 3 years now. He olny comes out to sun himself. :moon:

bobbyf6b
02-02-2014, 09:28 PM
Maybe thats the problem.They smell your cats on your bike.Do your cats go near your F6B ? .batman-smilie.

No. I parked this bike and two previous bikes at my last job with no issues. We even had stray cats living in our work yard. This is the first time I've ever seen this happen. Maybe the mothballs will do the trick.

dickiedeals
02-02-2014, 10:27 PM

I've heard they Taste like Chicken.............

Scotrod
02-02-2014, 10:54 PM
Wish I had a solution for ya,,, Maybe a live trap? :shrug: (Probably catch every stray within miles, but not the offender :icon_frown:)

A can of black pepper isn't very expensive,,, Worth a try,, (Not very 'visible' to the Employer,, won't look like trash, etc)

Cats,,, Had quite a few back on the farm, and they were excellent/lovable critters! I've been exposed to some 'city' cats that were, eh,,,, just seemed a bit 'mental/dis-functional',,, :shock:

bobbyf6b
02-03-2014, 12:13 AM
I'm liking this idea. I've seen a few others but this one has a floor and seals up at the bottom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z08j-HKNwOs