PDA

View Full Version : Just saying hi

Cruiser
02-02-2014, 11:46 AM
I just joined the F6B Riders. I currently ride a 2012 Goldwing, but worked on my first F6B yesterday and it got me thinking about this forum. The more I look at the F6B, the more I like it.

bobbyf6b
02-02-2014, 12:15 PM
Welcome. Chop off the trunk, instant F6B. :icon_mrgreen:

52edub
02-02-2014, 12:18 PM
You could do what I did and convert your Wing to a F6B.

Steve 0080
02-02-2014, 01:01 PM
Welcome!!! and now that you are here...I would like to pick your brain on... http://zddplus.com/ I did order/have four bottles and will be adding it on my next oil change.... any thoughts ???

F6B-RICH
02-02-2014, 01:05 PM
'welcome gang' from NJ .batman-smilie.

opas ride
02-02-2014, 02:26 PM
Steve, I would be very careful in adding any "snake oils" or additives to your oil of choice...Probably will do no harm, but most car and motorcycle mags claim these "additives" are a waste of money and do no good over the long haul with regular oil changes...The vast majority of oil manufactures add their own wear and tear, friction reducers, anti-foaming, etc. ingredients and nothing else is really needed...I used to use STP on a regular basis until I read several test reports from various sources that most of this stuff is not worth the money, but good marketing has convinced many that it is for the good of the motor, which is most cases is un-founded data...JMHO

MichaelG
02-02-2014, 02:30 PM
Steve, I would be very careful in adding any "snake oils" or additives to your oil of choice...Probably will do no harm, but most car and motorcycle mags claim these "additives" are a waste of money and do no good over the long haul with regular oil changes...The vast majority of oil manufactures add their own wear and tear, friction reducers, anti-foaming, etc. ingredients and nothing else is really needed...I used to use STP on a regular basis until I read several test reports from various sources that most of this stuff is not worth the money, but good marketing has convinced many that it is for the good of the motor, which is most cases is un-founded data...JMHO

I happen to share that exact same opinion..."coffee"

Oh...and Welcome Cruiseman...to the greatest forum on the Internet. Many thanks to Phantom for all that you do, and to Steve & HB, our moderators.

Retired Army
02-02-2014, 03:20 PM
I just joined the F6B Riders. I currently ride a 2012 Goldwing, but worked on my first F6B yesterday and it got me thinking about this forum. The more I look at the F6B, the more I like it.

When you reach the age where long distance touring becomes difficult the F6B is a great choice.

Arkf6bRider
02-02-2014, 03:58 PM
Just joined the F6B forum. I've riden wings for several years, said I would never change. That was till I rode the F6. Much easier on an old guy. I will miss a few of the bells & whistles. This bike is a joy to ride. It's 2 days old and I'm chompin at the bits for the bad weather to move out, so I can put a few miles on. This is a great place for info about the F6.

Needtobriden

Deer Slayer
02-02-2014, 03:59 PM
Just joined the F6B forum. I've riden wings for several years, said I would never change. That was till I rode the F6. Much easier on an old guy. I will miss a few of the bells & whistles. This bike is a joy to ride. It's 2 days old and I'm chompin at the bits for the bad weather to move out, so I can put a few miles on. This is a great place for info about the F6.

Needtobriden

Welcome from NC..'welcome gang'

F6B-RICH
02-02-2014, 05:18 PM

Needtobriden

'welcome gang' from NJ also .batman-smilie.

Big Jay
02-02-2014, 05:40 PM
Welcome to you both from the Pacific northwest.

Scotrod
02-02-2014, 05:59 PM
Welcome to the fold Cruiseman!!! :yes:

I've been reading the ZDDP thread on 'another' forum. But, I see no need to jump into that discussion here in your introduction thread! Plenty of time for that later! :icon_biggrin:

I've enjoyed your contributions elsewhere, and I'm glad you're here!!!!

Scotrod
02-02-2014, 06:04 PM

Needtobriden

WELCOME to the forum Ark!!!!
Kinda hard to park the new bike due to bad weather eh?
No worries,, it won't last long!!! 'riding'

Hornblower
02-02-2014, 06:25 PM

Cruiseman--Having you join our forum is very exciting. You could be a very valuable contributor, no doubt. Your videos are first-class and your knowledge of all things Goldwing is extensive. So, welcome :clap2:! You'll be hard-pressed to find a better group of riders and, for that matter, a better bike.

FlyinF
02-02-2014, 06:52 PM
Welcome to the F6 world. I too come from a Wing. Just whacking off the trunk of a Wing doesn't get you to an F6, but a neat mod to a Wing.
Let's not get into the additive thing as it has been run through the mill on the Wing site, let's keep it fun over here.
Anyway Mr. Cruiseman, you do good work and thanks for all your contributions (I followed your info on the other site when I had a Wing).

Cruiser
02-03-2014, 06:20 PM
Cruiseman--Having you join our forum is very exciting. You could be a very valuable contributor, no doubt. Your videos are first-class and your knowledge of all things Goldwing is extensive. So, welcome :clap2:! You'll be hard-pressed to find a better group of riders and, for that matter, a better bike.

Thanks!

Elin in So. Cal.
02-04-2014, 02:03 AM
Thanks!

Oh WOW, I'm so pleased that I'm talking to the "real deal" Cruiseman, since I've used your videos to do the add-ons to my F6B. The first one I used was how to change out the windshield. It was MOST useful, and I was able to do the change by myself, thanks to you!

As you've heard, this F6B site is full of folks who really LOVE their bikes. (I came from the Harley side, and there's no looking back.) I just LOVE my Red Queen--4,000 miles in the two months I've had her.

I'll be installing the belly pan tomorrow and the other add-ons in the days to come as they arrive. Thank YOU for all you've done with your YouTube channel. What a great resource you are!

Cruiser
02-04-2014, 06:51 AM
Oh WOW, I'm so pleased that I'm talking to the "real deal" Cruiseman, since I've used your videos to do the add-ons to my F6B. The first one I used was how to change out the windshield. It was MOST useful, and I was able to do the change by myself, thanks to you!

As you've heard, this F6B site is full of folks who really LOVE their bikes. (I came from the Harley side, and there's no looking back.) I just LOVE my Red Queen--4,000 miles in the two months I've had her.

I'll be installing the belly pan tomorrow and the other add-ons in the days to come as they arrive. Thank YOU for all you've done with your YouTube channel. What a great resource you are!

What belly pan are you installing? Is it the flat black model?

Westernbiker
02-04-2014, 09:44 AM
Welcome, from beautiful, warm, sunny Arizona, where WE ride ALL year long!!!!!!!!!!!!!:icon_mrgreen:
I also watched the video for the windshield install, thanks for that one!:041: