PDA

View Full Version : Black coating flaking off my black mini boards

Darkknight
02-03-2014, 05:53 AM
I suppose I can just repaint these, but I was bummed when someone admiring my bike noticed about an inch of black coating had flaked off my mini boards outside of the hinge area. Not really a spot where the boots hit alot. they are almost a year old so maybe it's normal. I've had them for almost 8000 miles. What embarrassed me most was that I hadn't noticed it! It must have happened very receintly.

This is what they are:
http://wingstuff.com/products/35005-gloss-black-premium-mini-boards-w-comfort-drop-mounts?context=footrests_stands-f6b

hiflyer
02-03-2014, 09:07 AM
Must be from those salt covered roads you keep riding on! If the salt dripping off my Tahoe on my drive can eat the concrete, it can eat the paint. Or, aftermarket parts were painted by Honda:shhh:

Texas TC
02-03-2014, 10:31 AM
I have not been overly impressed with the Kury "black" lineup. I expected, for the price, we would be getting powder coated black accessories. Unfortunately, they are just black painted aluminum. I need to touchup my black highway pegs way too often from rock chips and road debris. So, I understand your frustration.

Bruce B
02-03-2014, 10:54 AM
I've come to expect this from Kury. Stay under 50 mph and you should have no problem.

FlaMike
02-03-2014, 11:10 AM
I suppose I can just repaint these, but I was bummed when someone admiring my bike noticed about an inch of black coating had flaked off my mini boards outside of the hinge area. Not really a spot where the boots hit alot. they are almost a year old so maybe it's normal. I've had them for almost 8000 miles. What embarrassed me most was that I hadn't noticed it! It must have happened very receintly.

This is what they are:
http://wingstuff.com/products/35005-gloss-black-premium-mini-boards-w-comfort-drop-mounts?context=footrests_stands-f6b

Thanks for the heads up. I was just looking at those boards the other day.

From previous experience w/ Kury products, I know the chrome isn't any better. Would have hoped the black was powder coated.

photodiver
02-03-2014, 11:58 AM
Only 2800 hundred mi on mine and the same thing happening. No salt here.

F6Joe
02-03-2014, 01:41 PM
I only buy from them when I 100% NEED something I am unable to get anywhere else. Just not a fan anymore.