PDA

View Full Version : BikeMP3 F6B CB Enable Kit

BACA
02-03-2014, 09:34 PM
Just finished installing BikeMP3's CB Enable Kit and it works like a charm. The only thing (and this is really minor) is you really don't need to install the CB's filters that come with the 2001-2010 CB; I spent the better part of an hour looking for a connection that didn't exist, but at least I was determined to find it. After all the connections were made, I ran a SWR meter test and all channels were below 1.5 on the SWR meter so I feel pretty good that I'm not going to blow out the finals.

When installing just follow Pete's directions on his You Tube video and your won't have any problems. I'm not an electrician by any means, but I can check for voltage and continuity, and that's all you really need to know how to do to install the kit. Pretty simple actually.

Can't wait to try it out with my Goldwinger's group (we use the CB alot when we ride).

Thanks Pete for making a quality product.

:041:

Memphian
02-04-2014, 12:19 PM
Awesome news, I plan to make this purchase very soon.

coffee_weasle
02-04-2014, 03:57 PM
is there a specific channel most riders use?

might be handy for sharing road/weather conditions that the oncoming groups had recently been through

BACA
02-04-2014, 05:36 PM

might be handy for sharing road/weather conditions that the oncoming groups had recently been through

As far as I know the Goldwingers (GWRRA) all use Channel 1 - at least all the ones here on the west coast. Not sure about the Harley guys.

Deer Slayer
02-04-2014, 05:40 PM

Ch. 1 on east coast. However sometimes we switch to CH. 40 so the Gl1800 cb radio does not overload the receiver on the GL1500 radios. This is done when the 1500 riders say they are receiving muffled audio. :cheers:

Deer Slayer
02-04-2014, 05:45 PM
Just finished installing BikeMP3's CB Enable Kit and it works like a charm. The only thing (and this is really minor) is you really don't need to install the CB's filters that come with the 2001-2010 CB; I spent the better part of an hour looking for a connection that didn't exist, but at least I was determined to find it. After all the connections were made, I ran a SWR meter test and all channels were below 1.5 on the SWR meter so I feel pretty good that I'm not going to blow out the finals.

When installing just follow Pete's directions on his You Tube video and your won't have any problems. I'm not an electrician by any means, but I can check for voltage and continuity, and that's all you really need to know how to do to install the kit. Pretty simple actually.

Can't wait to try it out with my Goldwinger's group (we use the CB alot when we ride).

Thanks Pete for making a quality product.

:041:

What type and placement to antenna did you use? On my home brew CB I used a stealth antenna. See Deer Slayer F6B radio active post. Only draw back is limited range on transmit. However on receive no problems. :cheers:

BACA
02-05-2014, 12:34 AM
I used a 2 foot fire stick antenna and fabricated my own mount.....boy there is not a lot of room under that rear bonnet, but we managed. I basically used the FM antenna mount with a fabricated bracket for the CB antenna after removing the FM antenna. Haven't had a chance to test the range just yet. So far it seems to work fine.

As for music I mounted a satellite radio to the right handlebar. I never did listen to the regular radio anyway! So I now have the CB, satellite radio and the USB. I will never be bored!

Deer Slayer
02-05-2014, 08:38 AM
I used a 2 foot fire stick antenna and fabricated my own mount.....boy there is not a lot of room under that rear bonnet, but we managed. I basically used the FM antenna mount with a fabricated bracket for the CB antenna after removing the FM antenna. Haven't had a chance to test the range just yet. So far it seems to work fine.

As for music I mounted a satellite radio to the right handlebar. I never did listen to the regular radio anyway! So I now have the CB, satellite radio and the USB. I will never be bored!

Thanks for the info. I plan to do in the FM antenna, not sure what to do with the hole. :cheers:

MichaelG
02-05-2014, 09:26 AM
Not sure what to do with the hole. :cheers:

DS....put some hair around it ! :icon_lol:

"coffee"

Phantom
02-05-2014, 11:25 AM

"coffee"

Some of us GoldWing owners have a spoiler on our trunks, have you looked into maybe installing one? the foot might just fit over it.

Look into a 1500 or a 1800 version and see if it works. If it is too short, just cut it in half and have a fiberglass expert create a spacer then repaint the whole thing. I have done this with a 2002 Toyota Celica trunk spoiler on another motorcycle of mine. I actually cut 30 inches out of the center, looks factory if done right. Just my 2 cents.

Look at one of these ...

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/rear-spoiler-black-honda-goldwing-1500-aspencade-se/part/HL-08F64-MAM-110A?utm_source=adwordsfroogle&utm_medium=cse&utm_campaign=adwordsfroogle&utm_content=5652&gclid=COGQi_-xtbwCFQjxOgodO1sASg

MichaelG
02-05-2014, 11:52 AM
Phantom, I can tell you that Steve and I have individually been looking into this idea for about 9 months now. We have talked in person about it, and I have taken the idea to a couple of our sponsoring vendors, with the thought of having them, or one of their suppliers build a rear deck spoiler, with built in brake/run lights to fit the F6B. We have gone to the effort of trying a spoiler form a GL-1500....does not fit. We tried a spiler from a GL-1800...does not fit. I then tried a spoiler from a Honda Helix....does not fit. The issue is the positioning of the spiler feet, and the angle at which they contact the rear deck.

My suggestion to a couple of our forum sponsor vendors is to utilize the current antenna hole, cover it with the new rear deck spoiler, and.....route a flexible FM and/or CB antenna up through that same hole, so that the antenna lays inside the new rear deck spoiler.

For those of us that do not use a rear rack....the rear deck of the F6B just begs for a lighted spoiler, just like on the trunks of the GL-1500's and GL-1800's. I have checked to see that when using my Kuryakyn Gran Traveler bag on the back seat area of the bike, I still have room for a rear deck spoiler.

I am continuing to check in with these sponsoring vendors to see if they can...and will...have this made for us.

"coffee"

Deer Slayer
02-05-2014, 11:59 AM

"coffee"

Fox Tail or worse. You been in the NW woods too long.. Ha :bump: