PDA

View Full Version : Suspension

BigO
02-09-2014, 08:16 AM
Has anyone upgraded their suspension, front or rear, besides the fork brace?Cosmetically, I'm pretty much done with the F6.

MichaelG
02-09-2014, 09:31 AM
BigO, get in touch with Dale (hondabikepro) on the forum, as he has made changes to his rear spring.

"coffee"

KGREEN
02-09-2014, 10:12 AM
I added Progressive Suspension fork springs to the front forks and that made a great improvement on the front. I am going to add a stiffer spring on the rear shock later on down the road. Both ends are under sprung IMO.

Steve 0080
02-09-2014, 11:14 AM
Hornblower has Traxxion on the front …

I am waiting till March for the Progressive F6B mono tubes to come onto the market

Hornblower
02-09-2014, 12:41 PM

I am waiting till March for the Progressive F6B mono tubes to come onto the market

Yep, Big Dawg set me up with Traxxion Dynamics fork cartridges. This takes care of the rather "whimpy" stock fork springs and greatly improves the damping. The rear shock is pretty decent as is, IMO.

choptop
02-09-2014, 01:50 PM

What Steve said.

BigO
02-09-2014, 02:34 PM
Thanks guy's, I'll probably go with Progressive, since it greatly improved my 1500, before I traded up for the F6.

fxdl2051
07-25-2014, 04:53 AM
Do any of these changes lower the overall height of the bike, be nice to flat foot the bike at lite, the only thing the Harley was better at.

Steve 0080
07-25-2014, 08:27 AM
There is a write up here under Progessive...I had the 1" lower Progressives installed and love it!!! You can see them with our vendor Wing Stuff and I did a review there as well. They do take the harshness out of bumps and the bike seems more sure footed as well....

I had a little over $600 invested between the shocks and install done by the local Honda Shop!!!! Sweet!!!!!

*note....I don't pay shop hours at a dealership...I ask how much???$$$$ and that is all I pay if we make the deal...I don't like shop hour billing!!!

NemisusDM
04-21-2015, 09:32 PM
Just installed the Race Tech gold valves. I sent the suspension in and had them re-valve and re-spring. I've used Race Tech for all my road racing bikes, they literally wrote the book on suspension. Just went out for the first ride with the new suspension and no more wallowing in the turns. Straight up is very plush like a Lincoln Town Car, at full lean it tracks like my sport bike. :headbang:

'gw-smiley'

ths61
04-21-2015, 10:25 PM
Yep, Big Dawg set me up with Traxxion Dynamics fork cartridges. This takes care of the rather "whimpy" stock fork springs and greatly improves the damping. The rear shock is pretty decent as is, IMO.

Had Traxxion front and rear on my Vision. Preload on the rear kept the bike from bottoming out in turns when hitting a bump. Adjustable dampening on the front helped dial things in.