PDA

View Full Version : Avatar

choptop
02-10-2014, 07:42 PM
Yesterday I posted my avatar, the '90 Fl w/Ultima 127 engine and the Roadstar Warrior, in front of my Shtbr. Last July 18th my Warrior rode off w/another rider in the saddle, I was sad but I still had the Shtbk, that same evening I took the Shtbk for a leisurely ride and developed an engine noise, not metal to metal noise that developed about 4 years ago, that required a complete rebuild, but a , or so I thought, a less expensive noise. That was the last time I rode the harley or any other bike. Took the bike to a local harley mechanic and got the call today, engine is terminal, as bad as before, less than 5,000 miles ago, I don't beat on my bikes, I am pissed, an engine should not have to major issues in less than 10,000 miles, but yes it is a high performance, high lift cam and the is hard on an engine. I will not rebuild the engine. I figured I could get 8-9 for it in the spring, running, now I don't know if I should get what I can for it on Craigs list or put it in the corner and look for a engine for it, in the future. Either way, when the grass is green and the birds are singing, the F6b will be in front of the Shtbr.

Steve 0080
02-10-2014, 08:04 PM
WOW!!!! That sux huge !!!

Mustangjake
02-10-2014, 08:14 PM
Good luck brother with your F6B !
I will never buy a another Harley-Davidson
By buddy had to have a 2014 street glide, it's a slow poke but it does shake good at a light

Cruiser
02-10-2014, 09:57 PM
I wish I knew what Shtbk meant :icon_frown:

flyboy
02-10-2014, 10:02 PM
Me too!

Scotrod
02-10-2014, 10:23 PM
shtbr = Sh!t bar,
shtbk = Sh!t bike

Scotrod
02-10-2014, 10:27 PM
Ain't the internet great!??!!??

The Shtbr/Shtl was an old barn w/open lean to on da side. I converted the lean to into the Shtbr (Shitbar) and the barn into a sleeping quarters, the Shtl (Shitel). My Harley, had a lot of issues when I first got it, it's the Shtbk, my old '70 camper is the Shtbx, you notice a theme here. lol Second to last pic is of the Shtl/Shtbr after I pulled out da manure spreader and started to work on it.

mikey
02-10-2014, 10:32 PM
I agree with mustang jake. H-ds are o.k. Within their limits. You put lots of money in to make ,em run, and you have shorter engine life, or a grenade-no more for me, love my f6!

choptop
02-10-2014, 11:01 PM
Ain't the internet great!??!!??

The Shtbr/Shtl was an old barn w/open lean to on da side. I converted the lean to into the Shtbr (Shitbar) and the barn into a sleeping quarters, the Shtl (Shitel). My Harley, had a lot of issues when I first got it, it's the Shtbk, my old '70 camper is the Shtbx, you notice a theme here. lol Second to last pic is of the Shtl/Shtbr after I pulled out da manure spreader and started to work on it.

And sometimes you wish you had just not hit enter. Ya, the bike has given me more than my share of problems, I just don't like to give up on or get rid of things, well ex wife's is a different story.

Elin in So. Cal.
02-11-2014, 02:08 AM
... I just don't like to give up on or get rid of things, well ex wife's is a different story.

And ex husbands. Some things just don't come with a warranty.
funnychit.

edgeman55
02-11-2014, 02:17 PM
And ex husbands. Some things just don't come with a warranty.
funnychit.

LOL-Same with Ex wifes.:icon_lol:

ED209
02-11-2014, 07:25 PM
:icon_doh: sell it like it sits bro. Theres always some young buck who wants to throw money into a Vtwin. :shhh:

I rode the F6B to work today, what a pleasant and wonderful feeling. :041:

choptop
02-11-2014, 08:20 PM
[QUOTE=120ci;21359]:icon_doh: sell it like it sits bro. Theres always some young buck who wants to throw money into a Vtwin. :shhh:

I rode the F6B to work today, what a pleasant and wonderful feeling. :041:[/QUOTE

Even though it is way out of warranty, I will give Ultima an opportunity to step up in some fashion. High performance or not, a person should not expect (2) catastrophic failures to an engine in under 9,000 miles. My brother has expressed interest in it, I will give him first dibs on it.