02-10-2014, 09:36 PM
If you ordered one and are waiting …PM me

Mrf13
02-10-2014, 10:20 PM
PM Sent....

Steve 0080
02-11-2014, 02:04 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Goldwing-Par...=aid%3D111000%

Ships FROM Mustang to the seller and then to YOU!!! In your hand in 6-7 days instead of 2 months!!!! $536.00

FlyinF
02-11-2014, 03:46 PM
Did I read someplace that those Mustang seats found on the internet could be the old ones that don't fit?

opas ride
02-11-2014, 05:17 PM
Good question..Anyone know for sure as I am about ready to buy a Mustang seat this spring sometime??..Also, related to this seat, anyone with one have any positive/negative comments about seat...In particular, does it really lower the rider 1" as this is one of the reasons I am looking to buy one...Comfort, design, etc.etc. over stock seat comments welcome......Thanks

Texas TC
02-11-2014, 05:46 PM
The seat is truly 1" lower than the stock seat and a 100% more comfortable. It easy to determine if the seat is the original design or the latest edition. If the seat has rear tabs, it is original. The redesign eliminated the two rear tabs.

RickW
02-11-2014, 06:11 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Goldwing-Par...=aid%3D111000%

Ships FROM Mustang to the seller and then to YOU!!! In your hand in 6-7 days instead of 2 months!!!! $536.00

Are you in line from Mustang to get one right now?

Mrf13
02-11-2014, 06:19 PM
I'm in line with Mustang. Have been for 4 weeks today.

opas ride
02-11-2014, 07:38 PM
I am not yet ready to buy, maybe in a couple months...Is it also true that the seat has to come off to access the side panels?..No big deal just not sure and curious.....Thanks

Steve 0080
02-11-2014, 08:10 PM
All I can say is I ordered a seat on line with Mustang…was told 6-8 weeks and $636…went on line to Ebay…bought one $526.00…got nervous from some of the posts and called…talked to a young lady who said,” we order from mustang and when we get the seat we forward it to you, thats why there is a three day to ship”….Mine should ship Thur…should have it Mon…will post and let you know……don’t care about the side panels …seldom/never take them off!!! I guess the question is …why are vendors more important than individuals who pay more??? I get it that a vendor could/will sell more than one but…….. "fireybat"

Mrf13
02-11-2014, 08:29 PM
Good info TC thanks.

Steve thanks for the info. I will be calling Mustang tomorrow. As for the side covers I think that has been blown way out of proportion. I don't need to take them off hardly ever.

Cool Hand Luke
02-11-2014, 08:34 PM
Well, I ordered mine from Ebay from the following seller:

And here is what I paid:

I ordered it last week and received it today.

It is a deluxe version. I just installed in on the bike. Weather here is very cold and rainy, I will post pictures of bike as soon as the weather improves.

It is a new version, it fits perfectly. I tried it and it sure seems great to me. It is lower than stock, which I was looking forward to. I believe this will give me just that much more wind protection from my Baggershield. It seems firmer than stock but not Corbin hard. This is not my first Mustang, but I believe it to be the firmest one yet. It seems to flow well with the look of the bike.

The lumbar support certainly seems to make a difference. I am really looking forward to my next ride, hopefully Friday as it is supposed to be sunny.

A couple of points: I don't care if seat needs to come off to access side panels. I don't mess with suspension settings and I have installed power cord to battery for my heated clothing which I can also use to charge the battery. Also, I ride single and prefer the sleeker look of the F6B and this seat seems to do it for me.

FlyinF
02-11-2014, 08:42 PM
I got my Mustang last week. It is lower and you are alittle further back on the seat (I have risers and the reach seems ok). Tomorrow I am taking off on a 1500 mile ride in west Texas, I will see how it works out for me. I have a Wing OEM windshield installed and I cut it down for me to fit OEM seat........may have to trim abit to match the lower position.

RickW
02-11-2014, 08:45 PM
All I can say is I ordered a seat on line with Mustang…was told 6-8 weeks and $636…went on line to Ebay…bought one $526.00…got nervous from some of the posts and called…talked to a young lady who said,” we order from mustang and when we get the seat we forward it to you, thats why there is a three day to ship”….Mine should ship Thur…should have it Mon…will post and let you know……don’t care about the side panels …seldom/never take them off!!! I guess the question is …why are vendors more important than individuals who pay more??? I get it that a vendor could/will sell more than one but…….. "fireybat"

Right now for Mustang Seats Minimum advertised pricing is 90% of retail list price. All persons that are selling on Ebay that are advertising for less have been warned and are being shut down or cut off immediately. The tuck and roll seat should be $539.10.
Most that are trying to sell below are using names other then their real business name. They also are not forwarding F6B seats on to you, Mustang is almost always drop shipping when they are made.
Our rep at Mustang told us again today that it is being taken care of. We are getting calls every day because of false advertising, like the one on Ebay for F6B seats that shows there are 8 available which is false.
There are no F6B seats immediately available at Mustang, they are working off back orders right now. If you have any issues and try to go to Mustang with an Ebay receipt that is below MAP they are going to tell you to go to your dealer. Evidently they have had a lot of complaints.
They have not been able to give any one dealer more then a few F6B Seats right now. Right now our customers that ordered several weeks ago are a few days away from delivery. We had actually ordered a couple for stock but were taken by customers before they were made.
Mustang is only able to make a couple of those seats a day right now but working on getting that higher. You may be able to find someone that has been able to get ahead and has a couple in stock, just beware.
Rick

Texas TC
02-12-2014, 01:16 AM
I bought one of the first seats. Bought the smooth skin seat from Cruiser Customizing for $515.00, no tax, no freight. Mustang was extremely responsive in replacing my original seat when the problems were identified and they picked up the return postage as well as returning the new seat second day UPS. Great service.

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/

To be honest, I have not tried to remove the side panels.....just not something I do very often.

RickW
02-12-2014, 01:29 AM
I bought one of the first seats. Bought the smooth skin seat from Cruiser Customizing for $515.00, no tax, no freight. Mustang was extremely responsive in replacing my original seat when the problems were identified and they picked up the return postage as well as returning the new seat second day UPS. Great service.

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/

To be honest, I have not tried to remove the side panels.....just not something I do very often.

Mustang is one of the best company's there is to deal with. They are on revision 3 or 4 now on the F6B seats. They think they have it perfected now.
For some reason they say it is one of the most complicated seats to build that they have done.

With the seat being dished so much is there plenty of back support that you don't need a drivers backrest? We are going to put a Mustang on our New F6B and I was concerned about back support. I have had a drivers backrest on all my recent bikes and really like them.

kjelders
02-12-2014, 09:45 AM
When I received the first version of the Mustang seat, I called Mustang and told them the issues, thus the re-design of the seat took place at Mustang. I received excellent customer service including a call from the lead engineer over the weekend to check on how my re-design seat worked out.

As far as the side panels go. If you find it difficult to take off or put them back on with the Mustang seat you do not have to remove the seat to do so. Just loosen the the seat bolts and you can get the side covers on and off.

I love the look and the comfort of the F6B Mustang seat. It will lower your sitting position approximately 1".

jakec
02-12-2014, 10:57 AM
My Mustang seat is very comfortable and also is an inch lower to the ground, the installation took a lot of patience, the bolt holes were close but not perfect. I hope as I ride it longer it will form itself to the bike and make for easier installation. I'm now in the process of lowering the bike another inch and a quarter, I only have a 27" inseam, I think it will look cool and I need to slow down any way.

Dfinkelsteinmd
02-12-2014, 11:48 AM
My Mustang seat is very comfortable and also is an inch lower to the ground, the installation took a lot of patience, the bolt holes were close but not perfect. I hope as I ride it longer it will form itself to the bike and make for easier installation. I'm now in the process of lowering the bike another inch and a quarter, I only have a 27" inseam, I think it will look cool and I need to slow down any way.

I am also vertically challenged and even with the Mustang seat I am not quite flat-footed on both sides. How do you lower the bike without affecting cornering clearance much? I heard that Progressive was making a new lower suspension for the front...

Thanks, Jacek!

jakec
02-12-2014, 01:09 PM
Go to the site Lower my Wing products, you can buy a new rear suspension link and then you raise your forks. Yes you will lose some cornering clearance and have to watch out for speed bumps. But I just want to try it, I'm tired of stretching so much to get a foot down. If you go this route look for used parts, that's what I did. You also have to change the center stand to a Ride Off stand, your old one won't work. Sorry about the thread hijack.

choptop
02-12-2014, 07:03 PM

Jakec, are you using the system from Lower Wing ? I have read good reviews about it and plan to go that route, please keep me in the loop.

jakec
02-12-2014, 09:39 PM
I sure will chop top, I should be installing it this next weekend.

choptop
02-12-2014, 09:41 PM
Great,will be looking forward to it.

Steve 0080
02-12-2014, 09:47 PM
I received an email that my seat was shipped Wed…one day early :041::041::041: I am waiting for Progressive to come out with their F6B lowering front mono tubes….. I should be first in line @ Wing Stuff,,,,between that and the seat I should be able to reach the ground…although I don’t consider it an issue...

Richie
02-19-2014, 06:53 PM
Hi there, Mustang made a seat 1 in. lower, than why make the seating position further back by an inch. The lower seat is great for a short rider and now a longer reach to the bars. I guess i must be missing something.
Does anyone with time on this seat have a review as to comfort?
Looking to buy Mustang or Ultimate. I would like to be lower but not at the expense of comfort.

Thanks for any help..............Richie

choptop
02-19-2014, 08:24 PM
Ordered my Mustang seat threw Value Accessories, a forum vender, threw a special promotion posted yesterday, all I can say is I got a HECK of a deal. Can't wait to get it.

Steve 0080
02-20-2014, 09:30 PM
After reading all the concerns about fit of the seat…I started with painters tape and marked where the bolts attached to the bike…laid the seat in place and began the installation…rights side no issues …used a long screw driver to get the seat in place…onto the left side….no issues…I did have a talk with the back bolt and it did begin to understand I wanted it to line up….. The fit is tight …the tolerances by the levers that open the seat are VERY TIGHT…. over all no big deal…30 mins start to finish…. Very nice seat!!! The seat is 1 “ lower but could not see any further back…the seat does not push you forward which was the major concern for me in buying this seat !!! Very Happy!!!!

Steve 0080
02-20-2014, 09:35 PM
Here are a couple of pics…..

FlaMike
02-20-2014, 09:37 PM
Does cut of the seat eliminate any need for a backrest?
I know the seat rises sharply behind rider, just curious if anybody still wants a backrest for more back support.

Steve 0080
02-20-2014, 09:58 PM
IMHO…. no need for backrest !!!!

Gperson
02-20-2014, 10:46 PM
IMHO…. no need for backrest !!!!

I agree with what he said...

dickiedeals
02-20-2014, 10:57 PM
After reading all the concerns about fit of the seat…I started with painters tape and marked where the bolts attached to the bike…laid the seat in place and began the installation…rights side no issues …used a long screw driver to get the seat in place…onto the left side….no issues…I did have a talk with the back bolt and it did begin to understand I wanted it to line up….. The fit is tight …the tolerances by the levers that open the seat are VERY TIGHT…. over all no big deal…30 mins start to finish…. Very nice seat!!! The seat is 1 “ lower but could not see any further back…the seat does not push you forward which was the major concern for me in buying this seat !!! Very Happy!!!!

Steve,Can I come over to Sanford and sit on it to see if its something I'd be interested in? I did have one on a bike a couple years ago and it sucked. Made my legs go to sleep. I really like the looks of it on the F6B..................Dickie

Steve 0080
02-20-2014, 11:36 PM
Sure Dickie,,,, the wife and I are going to the beach for the weekend…should/will be back Sunday late afternoon???? Or any day the week of 24-27 in the evening or sat or sun…let me know what is best for you !!!

BuzzzPhotos
02-21-2014, 11:09 AM
Cool Hand Luke thanks for the info. Ordered my mustang seat a week ago Thursday & received it quickly. eBay seemed the logical place to buy it with their delivery guarantees & PayPal. Ordered a Madstad the same day & they both arrived the same day.

Thanks again!
Buzz

choptop
02-21-2014, 11:50 AM
Cool Hand Luke thanks for the info. Ordered my mustang seat a week ago Thursday & received it quickly. eBay seemed the logical place to buy it with their delivery guarantees & PayPal. Ordered a Madstad the same day & they both arrived the same day.

Thanks again!
Buzz

Waiting on my Mustang seat, Madstad seems the way to go but it looks a little busy/funky looking to me, will have to look at more pics.

Scotrod
02-21-2014, 12:40 PM
I did have a talk with the back bolt and it did begin to understand I wanted it to line up…..

I had the exact same discussion with (1) back bolt on our RDL's,,, I believe that (1) bolt must have thought it was special, or perhaps it simply needed some extra 'moral support' before realizing it was going to return to its original location :icon_twisted:

The Mustangs do look nice! :yes:

Cool Hand Luke
02-21-2014, 08:57 PM
I just did about 500 miles yesterday. Rode from Aiken SC to St. Pete FL. All two lane backroads until last 140 miles, then I had to jump on I-75 around Gainesville FL. I wanted to make it before dark, and I did.

Mustang performed fine for me. Loosing 1" height didn't make me uncomfortable (I'm 6' 32" inseam) but it definitely helped me get more cover from Baggershield. It is firmer than stock, there is definitely more thigh support and the built in lumbar support is very functional, I won't need a backrest. I do have to point out I used just the seat for a while but I also used my Airhawk air cushion I've been using for probably over a decade. I definitely feel more comfort with the cushion, probably due to increased air flow in my crotch area and no smushing the family jewels. I'm probably used to it by now.

The seat makes the bike look even better and sportier IMHO. I get so many compliments on the bike's looks that it has reached the slightly annoying stage. People go out their way to see this bike!

Here are the pictures of the bike downtown St. Pete:

Personally, if I can make 500-700 miles per day on this seat I'm good.