PDA

View Full Version : Quality micro fiber towels

opas ride
02-16-2014, 10:53 AM
Where does one purchase good quality micro fiber towels for cleaning/polishing etc...Someone posted a while back that many are just cheap Chinese junk, sold at Costco I believe, that do more scratching than good....I am willing to pay the price for some good ones...Also, is it possible to wash and dry these towels and use again when they get cruddy???...Thanks

bobbyf6b
02-16-2014, 10:58 AM
Where does one purchase good quality micro fiber towels for cleaning/polishing etc...Someone posted a while back that many are just cheap Chinese junk, sold at Costco I believe, that do more scratching than good....I am willing to pay the price for some good ones...Also, is it possible to wash and dry these towels and use again when they get cruddy???...Thanks

I get mine from the local auto parts store. O'Reilly's. Not sure if there's better out there. I think you can wash and reuse them but mine get so black (from paint and grime) that I don't want them in my washer. I just toss them out.

MichaelG
02-16-2014, 11:01 AM
I do buy mine from Costco. I have not checked the label as to where they come from...maybe I should.:icon_frown:

But they work okay for me (says a guy that usually has the dirtiest bike at any gathering) :icon_frown:

And I do wash them, and they come out clean.

F6B-RICH
02-16-2014, 11:27 AM
I get mine at Pep Boys Auto.Very very soft and I have not had a problem with them yet .batman-smilie.

stepbill
02-16-2014, 12:30 PM
Hopefully everyone knows not to use fabric softener with micro fiber towels. It will stop the micro fiber from whisking up the water when using to dry.

BARRYS770
02-16-2014, 01:09 PM
Mothers makes a real nice micro fiber towel that's available at most auto parts stores.

Barry

opas ride
02-16-2014, 01:31 PM
Miles, I have a package that is from Costco, made in China and are blue in color...I did a quick search on the web for info about Micro fiber towels and most sites say to make sure the ones you buy/use are made from "split" fibers as they are a much better/smoother product...I don't know what the Costco ones' are, but they do not clean as well as a couple of others I have, that came in a Mequires polishing kit, which just feel of better quality...No big deal, I'll go try an auto parts store next week....

MichaelG
02-16-2014, 02:30 PM
Miles, I have a package that is from Costco, made in China and are blue in color...I did a quick search on the web for info about Micro fiber towels and most sites say to make sure the ones you buy/use are made from "split" fibers as they are a much better/smoother product...I don't know what the Costco ones' are, but they do not clean as well as a couple of others I have, that came in a Mequires polishing kit, which just feel of better quality...No big deal, I'll go try an auto parts store next week....

Opas, mine are a golden yellow in color.

dickiedeals
02-16-2014, 05:16 PM
I buy mine from Sams Club. They are good quality.....................Dickie

BLACKBETTY12
02-16-2014, 09:16 PM
:agree:
I buy mine from Sams Club. They are good quality.....................Dickie