PDA

View Full Version : Members map

choptop
02-16-2014, 05:30 PM
I know that we have a members list but could not find a members map anywhere, is their such an animal ? Even if it was just by state, I know with peoples privacy concerns and such many people are closed mouthed about where they hang their hat...

Phantom
02-16-2014, 07:28 PM
I know that we have a members list but could not find a members map anywhere, is their such an animal ? Even if it was just by state, I know with peoples privacy concerns and such many people are closed mouthed about where they hang their hat...

We don't have a Geographical map for members.

I have in the past on 2 separate other forums created a "Members Only" Phone list. Both lists have over 200 members on it.
Serves 3 purposes.

1. To call a nearby Fellow member and go for a ride
2. If you are traveling through the country and your Bike develops a flat or a mechanical issue, you can call a nearby member and see if they have a trailer or a way to help you find a dealer, perhaps maybe have a spare bed for the evening.
3. It gives you an opportunity to reach out to a fellow member for mechanical tips or assistance on a project that they have done.

Finally, to be on the list you must provide your cell number, City and State and be willing to assist our fellow brothers and sisters from another mother. The ONLY members that can have access to the list are the ones on it, so if you don't want to give your information, then you have no permission to get everyone else's, it's only fair. You make 2 copies, one to have near your computer and one that stays on the bike with your registration.

It is time consuming to keep it up to date, once a month it is updated and e-mailed to those on it. Maybe we can start one in the near future. :icon_cool::yes:

choptop
02-16-2014, 08:01 PM
If you should ever start a list, I would be willing to be a contact for help to anyone that is relatively close to me. (If Miles were to call from the "Pacific North Wet", it might take me a week or so) :icon_lol:

F6B-RICH
02-16-2014, 08:48 PM
+1 :yes: I would be on that list also if one is ever made.I have nothing to hide .batman-smilie.

MichaelG
02-16-2014, 08:53 PM
+1 :yes: I would be on that list also if one is ever made.I have nothing to hide .batman-smilie.

Then why are you wearing that mask? (asked Robin)

Elin in So. Cal.
02-16-2014, 10:22 PM
I'd like to be on that list. I have a trailer big enough to haul the F6B easily, with ramp, and the truck to pull it. Guest room is available for travelers, but ya gotta like dogs nearby.

I'd like to be on that list, if it comes to fruition.

Cool Hand Luke
02-16-2014, 10:57 PM
I'm OK with the list, too, sounds useful.