PDA

View Full Version : Purchasing "Torqloops"

GiddyupF6B
02-17-2014, 12:06 AM
Where are you guys getting your Torqloops from? I went to the Torqmaster website and they are listed for $339 + $20 shipping.....They were $299 when I got my exhaust a few months back and I remember Wingstuff used to carry them. Do you have to get them direct from Jimmy now??? Thanks.....

dickiedeals
02-17-2014, 09:43 AM
Where are you guys getting your Torqloops from? I went to the Torqmaster website and they are listed for $339 + $20 shipping.....They were $299 when I got my exhaust a few months back and I remember Wingstuff used to carry them. Do you have to get them direct from Jimmy now??? Thanks.....

I was going to put them on mine. Then I found out that it VOIDS your warranty!. Just sayin...................Dickie

Mustangjake
02-17-2014, 05:34 PM
VOIDS your warranty on your exhaust.
Honda dealers have been puting exhaust on bikes for ever.

dickiedeals
02-17-2014, 05:44 PM
VOIDS your warranty on your exhaust.
Honda dealers have been puting exhaust on bikes for ever.

I don't want to cause a big argument on this subject But the Honda Dealer told me they Void the engine warranty. While I feel this may not exactly be true I'd hate to have to pay a lawyer and go through the crap to prove otherwise. So for me I'll do without them till my Warranty is out. I only said something about it to give you food for thought .....Dickie

opas ride
02-17-2014, 07:26 PM
Isn't there some difference between Honda dealers adding aftermarket pipes and someone cutting up the exhaust system to install these Tork Lopz deals???Just seems to me the Honda dealer may have a point.....

GiddyupF6B
02-17-2014, 07:42 PM
The torqloop kit comes with adapters to put the cats right back on if need be. To deny a warranty claim the company must first prove without a shadow of a doubt that the aftermarket part caused the initial claim. I'm not worried about being denied a warranty claim, I have heavily modified every motorcycle I've ever owned and will continue to do so. With that being said I guess no one has the answer to the question which was the purpose of this post.

MichaelG
02-17-2014, 07:43 PM
Hey, hey, hey......to put this argument and issue to rest, let me say that when I and another person (that shall NOT be named) installed the Torq Loops on my bike on New Years Day.........that other person just so happens to be the owner of a Honda motorcycle dealership(s). He is about the most knowledgeable person I know of regarding these bikes, rides one himself, and whatever shop he is standing in...he will always be the sharpest tool in the room. Considering I take my bike to his dealership for things that I either can't, or won't do on my own, I am 99.314159 % confident that my bike will be covered under warranty for things that are not specifically related to the actual "exhaust" on this bike.

Any dealership, or any brand, of any vehicle can always cover their own butts by claiming that this or that will void a warranty, but a lot of common sense and logic will give a dealership the courage to stand up and work with a customer, and fight for that customer, when they think things out.

I still have my CATs...sitting in a box in my shop, and if Mother Honda ever wanted to give us a problem over the Torq Loops, we could reinstall the CATs in a couple hours, just to satisfy Mother Honda. But from outward appearances....no one would know that the CATs have been removed.

Last Note: I again want to reiterate to people, I do NOT recommend installing Torq Loops on these bikes. Keep your stock OEM exhaust.

And, Mike, you already have the answer to your original question, in a PM that was sent to you.

Steve 0080
02-17-2014, 08:46 PM
“miles=Keep your stock OEM exhaust.”……..only so he can be faster !!!!!!

MichaelG
02-17-2014, 09:27 PM
“miles=Keep your stock OEM exhaust.”……..only so he can be faster !!!!!!

:shhh: :icon_wink: :shhh:

I wish that were the reason, but the reality is that the Torq Loops are a mutha to install...right...the first time. I have contacted the manufacturer and offered advice as to how to improve the written instructions, and the idea of a smaller front clamp. IMHO, for the 99.314159% of you out there, they are not worth the install time and effort. The end result is nice, but...whew! A lot of work to make it fit right. :icon_frown:

Mustangjake
02-17-2014, 10:10 PM
i think thats what i said

MichaelG
02-17-2014, 11:35 PM
i think thats what i said

Yes, you did, and I am in agreement with you. :039:

MSGT-R
02-18-2014, 03:27 PM
Hey, hey, hey......to put this argument and issue to rest, let me say that when I and another person (that shall NOT be named) installed the Torq Loops on my bike on New Years Day.........that other person just so happens to be the owner of a Honda motorcycle dealership(s). He is about the most knowledgeable person I know of regarding these bikes, rides one himself, and whatever shop he is standing in...he will always be the sharpest tool in the room. Considering I take my bike to his dealership for things that I either can't, or won't do on my own, I am 99.314159 % confident that my bike will be covered under warranty for things that are not specifically related to the actual "exhaust" on this bike.

There is a law (I can't recall the name of) that pretty much says that if the aftermarket part can not be proven the cause of the failure, then the warranty must be honored.

That, and Jimmy was a Honda factory rider and team mechanic for many years. His products are not "half baked", even though they have some minor installation speed-bumps every now and then.. :icon_rolleyes:

Phantom
02-18-2014, 05:19 PM
The reason why retailers are getting away from carrying these is because they are illegal as hell and jimmy knows this.

Making the statement that these are for "OFF-Road" use is BS specially when they are designed for a Street bike.

I am not here to judge, but there are federal LAWS against removing the Catalytic Converters. Just my 2 cents.

dickiedeals
02-18-2014, 06:23 PM
The reason why retailers are getting away from carrying these is because they are illegal as hell and jimmy knows this.

Making the statement that these are for "OFF-Road" use is BS specially when they are designed for a Street bike.

I am not here to judge, but there are federal LAWS against removing the Catalytic Converters. Just my 2 cents.

I regret saying anything about the warranty issue. You can argue both sides but I was speaking from one such circumstance that happened to me fighting whether the after market part caused the catastrophic failure or not. I in fact quit HD because of it and now ride the F6B. Without giving details I assure you if the manufacture can blame it on an aftermarket part they will. Law against it or not I can assure you it will cost you a lot of money fighting them on it. I feel its best to just not cut the exhaust and install the Loops. But by all means you guys go for it and let me know how that works out for you...PS Maybe you have money to burn. I guess its none of my business. I was only showing concern for my brother forum members..................Dickie

opas ride
02-18-2014, 06:48 PM
I think that if any of us had any "common sense" we would take Miles advise and leave the stock mufflers on the F6B as Honda has done a decent job of building an exhaust that works for this motor....But, being the "bikers" that we are and wanting something different ,many of us have gone to aftermarket pipes, including me, and then wonder, at least I do, did I spend the money wisely or should I have left it stock....NAH,......

choptop
02-18-2014, 06:56 PM
I will stick w/stock for a while but I will go after market at some point. Will just wait and see what sounds best and has minimal or no drone.

1951vbs
02-18-2014, 08:09 PM
The more miles you put on the stock mufflers the better they sound!

Bama Bagger
02-28-2014, 02:49 AM
Bought my Torq Loopz actually from my local Honda Dealer whom said nothing to me about voiding any warranty (of course this is Alabama and not the Peoples Republic of California). I do know that they can be a bear to install but the good news is the only other F6B rider in my town already installed them on his bike and has figured out the proper fitments. I do know that you should keep your old cats and Jimmie does provide a kit to re-install them if needed. My buddy whom has them on his (plus the Cobra exhaust) says that the performance improvement is worth the hassle of the install. He warned me that we'd be at it for a good 3 to 4 hours doing the work. When i do get to this mod I'll also most likely be adding the new Bassini exhaust that is being discussed on some of the other threads! :icon_mrgreen: